David Luiz

the wes

I loved the whole 'Benitez made Luiz a better defender' crap at the end of last season. So anyway:

Granted, he has improved significantly, but at the start of each season he seems to take about 5 steps backwards.

He does it every season with us: plays well in the second half of the season, picks up form and then goes off on his holiday to Brazil and comes back with more samba crap at the start of next season.

I'm afraid people will just have to wait a couple of weeks for Luiz to pick his form back up. He does it every damn year and this is no different. It's just the type of player he is; he needs plenty of match practice before we'll start seeing something resembling the Luiz at the end of the previous season. It's like he has to curb is natural instincts or something.

Until then, we're just going to have to suck it up and take the madness in exchange for the brilliance.

Had his bad moments but wasn't half as bad as what people made him out to be.

People don't understand the type of defender Luiz is, he's the aggressor, he's the one that goes out to win the ball early, so of course he won't be in perfect position all the time. People need to get over it.

It's fair enough to say he's the one who goes out to win the ball, and invoke the memory of Riccy.....but he didn't win the ball.

He left us a man short in defence which led to a goal. He could've held his position and we may have had better luck in defending the goal. It wasn't his fault (Ramires gave the ball away in the worst possible place, at the worst possible time) but he had a rush of blood to the head and it helped lead to the goal.

That's who he is - that's in his DNA and it's what a lot of people were alluding to when there were concerns over whether Jose could trust him.

It's fair enough to say he's the one who goes out to win the ball, and invoke the memory of Riccy.....but he didn't win the ball.

He left us a man short in defence which led to a goal. He could've held his position and we may have had better luck in defending the goal. It wasn't his fault (Ramires gave the ball away in the worst possible place, at the worst possible time) but he had a rush of blood to the head and it helped lead to the goal.

That's who he is - that's in his DNA and it's what a lot of people were alluding to when there were concerns over whether Jose could trust him.

Or, Luiz had seen Ross Barkley's goal vs Norwich and felt it was important to not let him a free shot at goal. He never had any intention to win the ball.

Or, Luiz had seen Ross Barkley's goal vs Norwich and felt it was important to not let him a free shot at goal. He never had any intention to win the ball.

Well it's a good thing he closed him down and Ross Barkley wasn't able to get a shot off from 20 yards through traffic against one of the best keepers around, with players closing him down from the sides.

Thank the lord Ross Barkley didn't score against us.

Well it's a good thing he closed him down and Ross Barkley wasn't able to get a shot off from 20 yards through traffic against one of the best keepers around, with players closing him down from the sides.

Thank the lord Ross Barkley didn't score against us.

Maybe if you see the goal again, you will notice that there was no other blue shirt closing down Barkley. Anyhow, blaming Luiz had always been an easy cop-out for commentators, so there you go.

And what makes me laugh is how quick people are to trying and hide his mistakes instead of saying what he did was complete and utter awful.

The fact of the matter is there was a number of players to blame, and Luiz being one of them, this is the Luiz thread and he is topic of discussion.

Jose will not tolerate amateurish mistakes, this goes for anyone, or they will be dropped...that simple.

Maybe if you see the goal again, you will notice that there was no other blue shirt closing down Barkley. Anyhow, blaming Luiz had always been an easy cop-out for commentators, so there you go.

Actually I think Ramires was more to blame, but Luiz's actions led to us being overloaded in defence.

Oh, and you're wrong. When Barkley receives the ball, Schurrle is about 3 yards to his left and closing and when he shifts it right then Rami is about 4 yards in front.

Another problem is that David Luiz continues to watch the ball when it's shifted right and is jogging back into defence. He's not even jogging back to the right position, but he isn't to know that because he hasn't looked towards Jelavic or Naismith since coming out of defence.

But yeah, it's easy for commentators to say stuff because they've watched the game. You should try it.

And what makes me laugh is how quick people are to trying and hide his mistakes instead of saying what he did was complete and utter awful.

The fact of the matter is there was a number of players to blame, and Luiz being one of them, this is the Luiz thread and he is topic of discussion.

Jose will not tolerate amateurish mistakes, this goes for anyone, or they will be dropped...that simple.

It doesn't really matter if he's dropped...Cahill's just as clueless as Luiz at times.

No one is saying Luiz didn't make a mistake though, don't get it twisted. It's just that some are saying he's the main culprit for the goal which I disagree with.

No one is saying Luiz didn't make a mistake though, don't get it twisted. It's just that some are saying he's the main culprit for the goal which I disagree with.

Henrique summed it perfectly ,,it was collective mistakes ,,,IMO there were at least 4 defenders at fault

Which is exactly what I have said in both match thread and in here. The said players mentioned are all as culpable as each other, proper heads gone moment.

One, along with shit finishing that cost us the game.

I don't want to get involved in placing the blames because the goal has already been over analyzed, but Schurrle had Barkley covered. This is a pic from the article a member here wrote to analyze the goal:

tumblr_inline_mt7m9tRo3O1rblf4n.png

I don't want to get involved in placing the blames because the goal has already been over analyzed, but Schurrle had Barkley covered. This is a pic from the article a member here wrote to analyze the goal:

tumblr_inline_mt7m9tRo3O1rblf4n.png

That is why it is always advised to look at videos and not screen shots in isolation

That is why it is always advised to look at videos and not screen shots in isolation

I'm the member who posted it , and I did look up at it . I'm not really sure what the argument is about but there was zero need for Luiz to jump on and press when Schurrle is nearby and yes I watched the game 3-4 times .