David Luiz

the wes

That is why it is always advised to look at videos and not screen shots in isolation

That's from Jamie Redknapp's column isn't it?

Just go by the comment section and read them all, especially the highly rated ones. Yes, it was bad positioning on his part, so what?! The defensive line failed including Cech. With Cole, JT, and Iva, they could've marked individually, but remained zonal. So, yes, David was to blame IMO, but blaming him alone for the goal is absolutely ridiculous as the entire defense failed to handle that ball.

I wonder if David gets a free pass to move up especially when Mikel plays. So, the reasoning might be that Mikel would cover for him. I mention this because his forward runs seem to bother people for some strange reason. Ironically, he rarely (as in never) makes them when playing for Brazil.

If we are going to lose every game in which we concede a goal when playing away from home, this is going to be a very very long season.

That is why it is always advised to look at videos and not screen shots in isolation

I did watch the video. He just needlessly took a couple of steps forward and left JT and Iva out numbered. Granted that others made mistakes in the goal as well.

What happened in the goal: Ramires failed to mark an Everton player who received the ball. Luiz went to mark him and let Ivanovic to mark 2 players. It was a typical collective mistake, I dont know why Luiz is an easy target for the idiots.

Also, we fans, in general, have this strange reasoning that when we swap players we gain the replacement's virtues without his shortcomings. It's as if we purposely forget the weakness of the player who (in our opinion) should've played TM. Perhaps it's just a case of "the grass is always greener..."

My point being that when Cahill is on, his weaknesses are exploitable, tracking back, lack of mobility and his lesser contribution in attack (compared to David). It's the same when David plays, we have to handle -- as a team -- his shortcomings. That's called teamwork.

Terry and Cahill are the same player; they have the same virtues as well as shortcomings. They are both very good in the air, composed, but lack agility and mobility. The team becomes more stretched when they play because they don't push forward with the other lines. David and either one of them makes a perfect pairing.

God it happens, all the time, its not the end of the world. We should have scored about five in that game and it wouldnt matter. WE NEED GOALS FROM SOMEWHERE.

I was very hopeful this year, but we don't seem to be carrying on as we left off last year. Come on guys, lets do better.

Ah and the "blame Luiz for every goal/loss" song is slowly starting up again I see.

Its within reason, i mean what was he doing for Benteke's goal last month? and his performance in the 5-3 defeat to Arsenal shows he is a liability, its like he wasn't even playing

So much for that "Mourino hates Luiz" rumour.

Mourinho knows how useful Luiz can be to this team. Its why he has started the past 3 games, and today he showed how his passing from deep can help create chances.

He knows there maybe some risk, due to Luiz's tendency to press higher up and get caught out of position...but when you have defenders that can provide like Brana or Terry to provide cover..the benefits far exceed any potential problems.

He knows there maybe some risk, due to Luiz's tendency to press higher up and get caught out of position...but when you have defenders that can provide like Brana or Terry to provide cover..the benefits far exceed any potential problems.

This, the pro's outweigh the con's by atleast 5:1.

I remember under AVB we were a defensive shambles, but the times we came close to looking solid at the back Luiz was always playing. I also remember when we beat Arsenal 2-1 at The Emirates, Luiz got took off and Arsenal started laying siege to our goal.

I think our priority next season should be getting a long term partner in central defense to play with him, if only Subotic didn't sign a new contract with Dortmund :(

Its within reason, i mean what was he doing for Benteke's goal last month? and his performance in the 5-3 defeat to Arsenal shows he is a liability, its like he wasn't even playing

Erm, Luiz didn't even play in that Arsenal game. Terry and Ivanovic played at CB with Bosingwa at RB.