David Luiz

the wes

No idea where the criticism is coming from, he was probably our best player yesterday after Oscar. He read the game brilliantly well and defended brilliantly, especially in the first half. I think I remember he made one mistake in the second half but Iva made amends. That's about everything you could criticize him for yesterday. But on the other hand his will to actually do something with the ball is what brought about the first goal. His dribbling forward forced Basel out of shape. This why he could be so effective for our attacks when playing at CB.

Erm, Luiz didn't even play in that Arsenal game. Terry and Ivanovic played at CB with Bosingwa at RB.

:doh: That was kind of the whole joke! :P

Funny thing is: Cahill was the one to blame for the 2nd goal, but his topic is quiet as usual.

You clearly have not gone Specsavers or you choose to read what you want. Cahill is criticized constantly on this forum and if it is not in his player thread you will see the criticisms on the match forums. He really is not as popular as you make out. He gets tons of bashing from the fans.

No he doesn't hate Benitez, he just knows that Luiz isn't really a necessary option in CM.

he didn't even mean Luiz actually. He was talking about how he wouldn't have 9 players behind the ball and being overly defensively waiting for a mistake and counter-attack chance, so he meant in general, as one of the ways to make a team even more defensive is having CBs playing as DMs.

he didn't even mean Luiz actually. He was talking about how he wouldn't have 9 players behind the ball and being overly defensively waiting for a mistake and counter-attack chance, so he meant in general, as one of the ways to make a team even more defensive is having CBs playing as DMs.

If that's what he meant, then shouldn't he have said I don't want my CMs to be playing CBs?

If that's what he meant, then shouldn't he have said I don't want my CMs to be playing CBs?

It's in the same sentence, Chou. If you hear the entire answer you'll see he's talking only about a style and then he illustrates it. But it's all part of the same answer.