David Luiz

the wes

Erratic and was caught out on the goal ,needs to watch how JT positions himself ,but has the ability to be great if he learns the percentage game.

I know you are a huge JT fan, but Luiz was far from erratic. Should have done better in the goal, but you can say the same thing about Peter Cech and...Terry (f you dont remember the ball went to Pilkinton because Terry failed to intercept the ball in the air ), Luiz was easily one of our best players today.

That goal was due to a world class cross, but if you're gonna blame players then do it fairly and properly.

Ashley allowed the cross to be whipped in, Terry lost the header and Luiz didn't reach the follow up. All 3 are to blame. but that's football, it's a game of goals.

agreed. In truth the defense got overwhelmed, which raises the question about the midfield, but if we go by the defensive mistakes alone, Terry lost the first header and then put David in on the wrong side of the striker. That type of ball is very difficult to defend against, but I wouldn't blame Terry either, because the cross was perfect.

On other areas, I thought he was pretty good and Norwich manager obviously asked their striker to try and prevent David's runs.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think every player in our defense was 1x1 against his marker. That's just asking to concede.

That goal was due to a world class cross, but if you're gonna blame players then do it fairly and properly.

Ashley allowed the cross to be whipped in, Terry lost the header and Luiz didn't reach the follow up. All 3 are to blame. but that's football, it's a game of goals.

Agree, but I'm pretty sure the cross came from the right, meaning Iva and not Ashley.

Agree, but I'm pretty sure the cross came from the right, meaning Iva and not Ashley.

Yes, it came from the right but Ivanovic was in the penalty box then and one of Mata or Oscar was tracking Olsson and didn't really put enough pressure on the cross.

He was really good defensively today. People may argue but he is clearly the best defender when he is on his game like today and against steau bacharest for chelsea and it shows almost to the point of intimidating attackers to unforced errors. He is really aggressive on the pitch for a nice guy.

World Class performance against S. Korea (friendly). Absolutely dominant with great interceptions. Dante looked like a simple good defender next to Luiz. Nothing wrong with that, but the difference in quality is evident.

Exactly what I thought. I don't wanna talk down on Dante because he's a great player but he looked average next to Luiz. David was intercepting every Korean attack. All these pundits can talk as much shit as they want, while he's out there captaining Brazil like a fucking boss.

At some point we are going to need to think about a long term partner in defense for David. Terry is playing very well this season, but eventually he is going to hit father time, we have to prepare for that eventuality and not wait for it to happen like we did for the likes of Malouda, Drogba and Anelka.

Cahill is nothing more than a squad player and also add the fact his partnership with Luiz is horrific, so i guess it's down to how well Kalas does when he finally get game's, could he be the solution? do we bit by bit bleed JT out while bleeding Kalas in? or is the answer someone like Managla or Subotic?