David Luiz

the wes

It's easy to blame defenders when your midfield sucks, isn't it ?
We lose possession very easily, we hardly have it against stronger teams, we don't control games, our central midfield is run over on regular bases, and all we talk about are Luiz mistakes and his error tendency.
Fair enough, he made some mistakes, all our defenders did, but could it be because they are exposed most of the time?
You think Luiz will make same mistakes in Barcelona? No he won't. Trust me, he will be among best in the team that controls midfield more than 50 % of the time, and where he won't be so much exposed. His other qualities, like involving into attack will show.
Our central midfield is huge problem, even as big as strikers problem in Europe. We are controled and run over, and that leaves our players in difficult position.
Our only DM can't play high tempo games, our plymaker is non existent. That pivot is almost criminal and it threatens both defenders leaving them exposed far too much, and attackers in Oscar, Hazard, Mata leaving them very little space and time for maneuver.
Our central midfield is freaking root of the problems (almost as big as strker in Europe), and I'm yet to hear anything which leads to its resolution.
And what Styles said, it's easy to believe he is mistakes prone defender, but if he indeed leaves to Barcelona, you are in for the surprise.

Everyone knows that our midfield is the problem, but this is about building a team.

Jose has to decide whether he'd rather have £30 million or David Luiz to start building a new back line.

I don't get how before jose was really in the picture everyone was on board with terrys view as well as the boards view to make DL captain...

Not everyone - I wasn't and I said it clearly. This shouldn't be made into a "Jose against Luiz" kind of thing. Accepting selling Luiz doesn't mean turning one's brain over to Jose or losing the capacity to form an opinion.

Ultimately I think what we need to do is build a spine again. Under Jose we had;

Cech - Terry - Makelele - Lampard - Drogba.

Now we have Cech and Mata and that's about it. If Luiz isn't part of the spine then he's not untouchable and a big bid should be considered. That doesn't mean I don't like Luiz or want to sell him, but to me he's the guy who plays next to the rock.

Football has changed a lot--just look athe the CL finalists and how they play; and whatever Mourinho did at Real did not work very well.

To be entirely honest I understand the reasons for wanting a 30M. However, I'm actually concerned about David giving Barcelona one of the few things they lack. David Luiz could become a scary player in Barcelona's system. IMO he can be a lot better than Puyol was--far more technically gifted.

Fans Favourite?.. Fuck Luiz

No proper Chelsea fan favours Luiz over Jose-Fucking-Mourinho.

What is it with you and deciding who is a proper Chelsea fan ?

Did I say I favour Luiz over Mou ? I certainly don't, because they don't compare. I would just be sad to see Luiz go.

The ridiculousness... If you think we need to sell Luiz (sure if he wants to go then good riddance) then we need to sell Cahill, Ba, Torres, sign a striker, sign one or two CM, and then sign some replacement backs. This isn't goin to happen. Our back four and attacking midfielders are the least of our worries for next season.

Ivanovic costs us the Carling Cup.

Overall, there is no need to write a list of DL4 errors, he made mistakes and others CB also, we need to rebuild the back and the midfield to have the shape of champions; like we had in 2004.Mourinho will fix the defence,he always do everywhere.

And Tony Blair got us into that mess in Iraq, what's your point?

Anyways, I don't think selling our best centre back who looks like he will only get better to buy two new (and possibly unproven in England) defenders is the smartest path to building a strong defense, which we have yet to do. If you ask me, Luiz should be the base from which we build our defense on. Obviously, he still needs to cut out the occasional error (Everton last game), but sell him? £35 million minimum for me.

Uh oh they've already turned on Luiz.

Burn him!!!!

Fact is once you've developed a certain reputation it takes years to shake it off.

Ivanovic's positioning is utterly shocking but everyone thinks he's a great defender, Cahill doesn't have the cojones to take charge of a situation but he's a lion at the back. Luiz who's come leaps and bounds defensively this year is the worst of our defenders and obviously better at DM though. A position where he's clearly useless in despite scoring a couple of worldies from there.

And Tony Blair got us into that mess in Iraq, what's your point?

Anyways, I don't think selling our best centre back who looks like he will only get better to buy two new (and possibly unproven in England) defenders is the smartest path to building a strong defense, which we have yet to do. If you ask me, Luiz should be the base from which we build our defense on. Obviously, he still needs to cut out the occasional error (Everton last game), but sell him? £35 million minimum for me.

Every member pointed at some errors of our CB, for me Ivanovic with two big assists are obvious to mention.You should reply better by the way.