David Luiz

the wes

He will go down as one of the most erratic defenders in recent history, Hummels is a similar type of player but has a lot more potential.

Luiz is at the moment twice the player Hummels is, has a lot more potential and he has yet to work with a top manager. Under Mou he can become one of the most (if not the most) complete defender in recent history.

Of course you can replace him with a much more disciplined defender...but why would you?

If it isn't broken, you don't need to fix it. And Luiz isn't really a problem to our club....if we wanna get rid of players, the first person out the door should be Torres.

IF Barcelona offer 30 million how can we say no?

We have to take into consideration FFP and if we want to spend a huge sum this summer we may need to sell a few players.

Of course you can replace him with a much more disciplined defender...but why would you?

If it isn't broken, you don't need to fix it. And Luiz isn't really a problem to our club....if we wanna get rid of players, the first person out the door should be Torres.

We need to sell Torres so people can stop bringing him up in every conversation, whether he applies or not.

- We should replace the seats in the East Stand

- No!!! First we should replace Torres.

Luiz isn't broken, but is he a cornerstone of our team? Is he someone you can rely on week in and week out and build the team on, like we did with JT and Riccy? Not yet. So if someone offers you £30 million with which you could buy one or maybe even two shit-kicking rocks of defenders then you have to consider it.

Here's the thing about Luiz. He's a great character, he's a great footballer but I still don't know if he's a £30 million DEFENDER.

I think even his most ardent fans are hoping that Jose comes in and makes him a more disciplined defender, but we're talking about a 26 year old. When we were talking about JT leaving for Man City, that was a sickener because he was a foundation stone that our entire team was built on - Luiz isn't there yet. He isn't Nesta or Vidic.

He's a guy who we're still talking about in terms of what he COULD be and that's a tough thing to turn down £30 million for. Take away the hair, the smile and the personality and I think people wouldn't be quite so against selling him.

He's not a 30 million dollar defender..but when you think about, none of the top PL teams have a defender worth that amount..

Luiz is a defender with a unique skill set and to be honest, I just wanna see him play under Mourinho.

And anyway, unless he has a truly awful season under Mourinho...there will be teams after him for a similar price next season..due to the unique skill set he brings onto the pitch.

Lots of noise about Luiz leaving but why would we sell Luiz and keep playing Terry and Cahill? Makes no sense.

:carlo::carlo:

Is someone offering £30 million for JT or Cahill?

Is there some rule that says we can't sign other defenders?

Luiz is at the moment twice the player Hummels is, has a lot more potential and he has yet to work with a top manager. Under Mou he can become one of the most (if not the most) complete defender in recent history.

Exactly. Potential.

He's 26 years old and we're talking about potential??

Seven Seasons.

300 Appearances.

20 International Caps.

Potential??????

ffp means fuckall. luiz stays for 30m. they will have to up the bid allot if they want him. 30m would be a measly profit for such a great player.

30 million is a great deal for us, how can anyone say he's worth more than that?

He's not a 30 million dollar defender..but when you think about, none of the top PL teams have a defender worth that amount..

Luiz is a defender with a unique skill set and to be honest, I just wanna see him play under Mourinho.

And anyway, unless he has a truly awful season under Mourinho...there will be teams after him for a similar price next season..due to the unique skill set he brings onto the pitch.

What is this unique skill set? 30 yard screamers and free-kicks?

I don't need defenders with a unique skill set. I need defenders that midfielders can trust not to make silly mistakes. Yes he has cut them out of his game a lot in the second half of the season, but he still threw one in there on the last day of the season and I still don't trust him like I did someone like Terry.

As for other teams, Kompany to me is a £30 million defender. He's a rock that you build on, an intelligent leader and the closest thing to Vidic/Terry around. I'd even say Nastasic is a better defender if we factor in potential.

:carlo::carlo:

Is someone offering £30 million for JT or Cahill?

Is there some rule that says we can't sign other defenders?

Exactly. Potential.

He's 26 years old and we're talking about potential??

Seven Seasons.

300 Appearances.

20 International Caps.

Potential??????

Yes POTENTIAL. He has the potential to become the best, what is wrong about this? And what has age to do with it? He is 26 years old, hardly old for a defender. May i remind you that Carvalho was 26 when he joined us? Yoy want to tell me that he didn't improve when he was playing for us? I have said many times, Luiz will only get better and better with a proper midfield and a top manager.

30 mio wouldnt be enough..we paid like 20-25 millions for him and he has improves since then?! why should we sell him and make a loss with him, when there is no need to do so. Luiz can only get better with a manager like Mourinho, he has the passion, the skill, the talent and the determination to do so. and in terms to FFP: think we dont have a problem with it. even if we buy cavani for 60 m on a 5-year contract, it would be like 12 m per year for him.

also, who are the options instead of him? dont see that many good CBs on the market?!

Yes POTENTIAL. He has the potential to become the best, what is wrong about this? And what has age to do with it? He is 26 years old, hardly old for a defender. May i remind you that Carvalho was 26 when he joined us? Yoy want to tell me that he didn't improve when he was playing for us? I have said many times, Luiz will only get better and better with a proper midfield and a top manager.

Good points. The issue I have is whether he has the personality that can eliminate these mistakes entirely. When you look at someone like JT and Kompany, these guys live to defend. They love to make a near-post clearance or a clattering challenge. That's the best thing about football for them.

With Luiz, I think he wants to be on the ball, going towards goal and having a shot. That's great but is that what Jose Mourinho wants to build a title-winning side on? Does he want that as his platform or does he want to nasty cunts who stop the ball and give it to the midfield?

Personally I'd like to see what Mourinho could do with Luiz but if he chose to sell him then I'd understand entirely.