David Luiz

the wes

Le 10 sport (french radio) say that Luiz is close to a move to PSG for 45M €

http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-psg-avancee-sur-david-luiz-108128

Please be true.

David the person - I absolutely adore him. Infectious personality, absolute geezer. Worth £100 million.

David the defender - drives me insane. Capable of brilliance - equally capable of absolute disaster. Worth a lot less.

€45 million is a ridiculous amount of profit for us, and means we can actually sign a defender. Yes, a defender. Someone who kicks the cunting ball away, rather than tries to Ronaldo past everyone.

Please be true.

David the person - I absolutely adore him. Infectious personality, absolute geezer. Worth £100 million.

David the defender - drives me insane. Capable of brilliance - equally capable of absolute disaster. Worth a lot less.

€45 million is a ridiculous amount of profit for us, and means we can actually sign a defender. Yes, a defender. Someone who kicks the cunting ball away, rather than tries to Ronaldo past everyone.

Problem is, which quality defender is available out there right now? Which defender can we get that is top class and also won't cost a lot? And if anything, we probably need a new CB to partner Luiz given the average-ness of the other 3 now.

I am fine with letting him go if he wants to for 45 mil. Provided we have someone else lined up. 45 mil is a lot of money for him, and it would be very hard to turn down, but no point doing that if we end up wasting that money on some average defender out of desperation.

Problem is, which quality defender is available out there right now? Which defender can we get that is top class and also won't cost a lot? And if anything, we probably need a new CB to partner Luiz given the average-ness of the other 3 now.

Well Mourinho talked about bringing back Kalas from Vitesse.

And that guy has been a beast for that team.

Well Mourinho talked about bringing back Kalas from Vitesse.

And that guy has been a beast for that team.

Being able to perform and perform well in the Dutch league and at the highest level in the Premier League along with Europe are 2 different matters altogether. Not saying he won't come good, which he might, but at the moment, I wouldn't trust him at CB with Terry, Cahill or Ivanovic throughout the entire season especially if we want to win the mahor trophies.

You're mad if you think Real would sell Varane for 20m euros!

I know but Mourinho was very important in Varane joining Real in the first place and he was the one who gave him his debut over the likes of Pepe and Ramos so he could want to move to work with him again. I know 20m would be probably not get him but we could try anyway.

Being able to perform and perform well in the Dutch league and at the highest level in the Premier League along with Europe are 2 different matters altogether. Not saying he won't come good, which he might, but at the moment, I wouldn't trust him at CB with Terry, Cahill or Ivanovic throughout the entire season especially if we want to win the mahor trophies.

Suarez came from the dutch league.

Benteke came from the Belgian League.

Courtois came from the Belegian League.

If the guy is good, he is good.

The problem with selling Luiz, even for that kind of money, is that we'll have to find two new CBs because he is currently our only CB with enough quality to be a starter especially in Mourinho team where defensive solidity come first.

Suarez came from the dutch league.

Benteke came from the Belgian League.

Courtois came from the Belegian League.

If the guy is good, he is good.

You're missing the point here. I'm not doubting Kalas's quality but he's still relatively inexperience and may well need time to adjust. Just because others from the weaker leagues have succeeded, doesn't mean everyone would, at least not immediately. Still won't know how will he fare and mind you, it's different pressure altogether playing with us challenging for major honours and players like the one you mentioned playing at clubs with lower ambition & different objectives. Moreover as I have already pointed out, if we sell Luiz, we would then have only 3 experience but average CBs in Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic. Partnering one of them with Kalas doesn't exactly fill me with confidence and also for the reason CHOULO mentioned.

The problem with selling Luiz, even for that kind of money, is that we'll have to find two new CBs because he is currently our only CB with enough quality to be a starter especially in Mourinho team where defensive solidity come first.