David Luiz

the wes

Ivanoivc and Cahill makes alot of mistake themselves! Luiz is alot better than both of them especially Cahill!

DUDE you cant say that! Every game Luiz played as CB since RAFA came he was bad! He became really good as a CDM but seriously if you watch his mistakes as CB they are much worse than Iva/Cahill. By the way Cahill didn;t play too much this season and he didn't get to full fit so realise that.

HOW CAN U SAY HIS BEST PREFORMANCE AS A CB CAME IN 2013 WHEN HE PLAYED CB LIKE 4 TIMES in that period.'

one more thing to get clear i dont think he is that good in CDM position he is avrege now on both positions thanks to RAFA

Of course I'm going to comment on Jose, because this whole rumour started with the idea that Jose would not want him . Do you honestly have your mouth so far down his cock that you get offended when anyone makes a comment that is not licking Jose's arse. I guess you are going to say its not "worthwhile observation" again :rolleyes: .

Mixed metaphors with the arse and cock references. It's best to stick with either the arse or cock and give that you're full attention, otherwise no-one is satisfied. :tophat:

(With that type of good advice I'm sure to win MOTM again).

DUDE you cant say that! Every game Luiz played as CB since RAFA came he was bad! He became really good as a CDM but seriously if you watch his mistakes as CB they are much worse than Iva/Cahill. By the way Cahill didn;t play too much this season and he didn't get to full fit so realise that.

HOW CAN U SAY HIS BEST PREFORMANCE AS A CB CAME IN 2013 WHEN HE PLAYED CB LIKE 4 TIMES in that period.'

one more thing to get clear i dont think he is that good in CDM position he is avrege now on both positions thanks to RAFA

no the stats clearly show david luiz and ivanovic are the best defensive pairing. they had like 5 out of 6 clean sheets. luiz has terrible positioning in midfield

LOL! Luiz has been one of our best performers in 2013 with the majority of games he has played at CB!!! you haven't watched him much have you? he has started something like 16 games at CB in 2013, so i dont know where your getting 4 games from? he has been outstanding at CB for us! I dont know what you have been watching because if Luiz has been bad and he has been our best CB this season then how would you describe Ivanoivc, Cahill and JT's performances?

You clearly are living in another century. He was rotated between CB and CM. I remember when we beat West Ham this season 2-0. Had an excellent game at CB. Luiz did not give their strikers a sniff. LOL and to say he is average in both positions, LMAO. Yes, he makes the odd mistakes but he certainly has improved over last few months. I thought he was our best player in the games against Swansea and United this season in our wins against them. Fulham 0-3 Chelsea three, another game at CB where he had an excellent game and scored one of the goals of the season.

Stoke 0-4 Chelsea, played at CB, another excellent game he had. So where you get your facts from I don't know but in 2013 I think he has been along our best performers. So compare his mistakes this season with his good games and come back please. You have no idea.

because we paid like 23m. 7m profit for one of your best players is rubbish. we are not arsenal

Don't forget, we also gave them Matic......

So for 30 million, i say is a very bad deal.

But if Barcelona comes with a 40 mill, I say take it and run.

Surely with that amount you can buy something decent, or hecks, let's bring one of our youth like Kalas?

What I don't want to see is selling DL and getting some horrible player. Mind you that Mourinho wanted Kalou, and when he bought Mikel (After paying extra to United) he said he found gold.....

So not everything that Mourinho touches is gold.

Thus, I hope the board continues doing their good work in getting good quality players as well.

David Luiz was one of our best players this season and arguably the best of the second half, and his best performances were at CB. If we are selling him we'd better ask for a huge sum of money.

Luiz can have major lapses in concentration that has cost us points, especially at center back

Not a dig at you Ryan, but can anyone actually collate a list of Luiz errors that have led to goals? I think it's very, very over exaggerated.

:carlo::carlo:

Is someone offering £30 million for JT or Cahill?

Is there some rule that says we can't sign other defenders?

Exactly. Potential.

He's 26 years old and we're talking about potential??

Seven Seasons.

300 Appearances.

20 International Caps.

Potential??????

So you want to sell off a player who's got potential? Lets sell Lukaku, Oscar, Hazard as well for a decent price seeing as they haven't reached their full potential yet. Nonsense.

You don't go out there to fix what isn't broken.

We simply won't sell a player like Luiz because of the prestige we as Chelsea have. No team that wants to contend for every trophy sells its CB numero uno to a direct rival. That's not what big clubs do.

Good points. The issue I have is whether he has the personality that can eliminate these mistakes entirely. When you look at someone like JT and Kompany, these guys live to defend.

Have you never seen Kompany during his initial years? He was just as "error prone" as Luiz was, looking to dribble the ball out, quite bad at positioning. Now look.

Luiz is on the cusp with us right now, about to reach his prime. Why you'd sell anyone who's about to give you his best years sounds like bullshit to me.

Not a dig at you Ryan, but can anyone actually collate a list of Luiz errors that have led to goals? I think it's very, very over exaggerated.

DL's errors are very over exaggerated. If you follow a defender on a consistent basis you will notice they all make mistakes here and there. Hummels was god to some people not long ago, but we all saw how he performed on UCL. Had he performed well people who don't follow his matches would still think he was a thousand miles above Luiz.

Blimey. That is his place isn't it? Triplex penthouse in Putney. :o

So you want to sell off a player who's got potential? Lets sell Lukaku, Oscar, Hazard as well for a decent price seeing as they haven't reached their full potential yet. Nonsense.

You don't go out there to fix what isn't broken.

The difference is that they are all younger and fit a Mourinho team. There's a couple of question marks over Oscar but they'll be answered in his second season I expect.

With Luiz it's different. And our defence is broken - look at the points we chucked away last season. There are a number of factors in that, like the midfield, but it needs rebuilding.

Can we sell Luiz for this price and build a defence that is better? I think it's certainly possible and £30 million would go a long way to helping with that. We're talking about a defender that a lot of our supporters don't even think is a defender. Personally I think that's his best position but is he an irreplaceable rock? No.

This whole idea that Luiz is a liability defensively is for the most part fueled by the media insisting that he is one - using ideas like the stupid 'he should move into midfield' idea to help create it. In my mind he was probably are best defender and I recall very little of his mistakes (which I don't think were that bad as some are trying to make it out) have led to goals. The likes of Terry, Ivanovic and Cahill have been much more of a liability defensively , making stupid mistakes that led to goals (Cahill backing of Adebayor and not closing him up, Terry lunging like a headless chicken against Newcastle and not marking Gervinho that led to Arsenal equalizing, Ivanovic - to many to list).

Thank you. Luiz has actually been our least error prone defender this season but people can't seem to think for themselves. Bunch of sheep.