David Luiz

the wes

Good points. The issue I have is whether he has the personality that can eliminate these mistakes entirely. When you look at someone like JT and Kompany, these guys live to defend. They love to make a near-post clearance or a clattering challenge. That's the best thing about football for them.

With Luiz, I think he wants to be on the ball, going towards goal and having a shot. That's great but is that what Jose Mourinho wants to build a title-winning side on? Does he want that as his platform or does he want to nasty cunts who stop the ball and give it to the midfield?

Personally I'd like to see what Mourinho could do with Luiz but if he chose to sell him then I'd understand entirely.

My issue isn't just about selling Luiz...it's the fact that we could sell him to Farcalona...of all clubs.

We should be asking for more than 30 million. Kind of like how Porto adds an extra 5 million when they wanna sell players to us....we should ask for a bit more.

I didn't mean as first choice. Who would you rather have on the field, Terry, Luiz or Cahill?

At this moment, probably Luiz but it depends on what happens this summer and what their form is like.

If we signed two CBs then I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. We might even look at internal options like Nat or Ake.

This whole idea that Luiz is a liability defensively is for the most part fueled by the media insisting that he is one - using ideas like the stupid 'he should move into midfield' idea to help create it. In my mind he was probably are best defender and I recall very little of his mistakes (which I don't think were that bad as some are trying to make it out) have led to goals. The likes of Terry, Ivanovic and Cahill have been much more of a liability defensively , making stupid mistakes that led to goals (Cahill backing of Adebayor and not closing him up, Terry lunging like a headless chicken against Newcastle and not marking Gervinho that led to Arsenal equalizing, Ivanovic - to many to list).

Yes if Barca offer something like £40 million then we might have to consider it. But if Jose wants David Luiz gone because he is seen as defensively a liability, to backs Terry or Cahill, then in my mind he is a flipping idiot

My issue isn't just about selling Luiz...it's the fact that we could sell him to Farcalona...of all clubs.

We should be asking for more than 30 million. Kind of like how Porto adds an extra 5 million when they wanna sell players to us....we should ask for a bit more.

Here's a question. We sell him to them, sign someone like Cavani and we meet them in the CL semi-finals.

Would part of you be thinking that Luiz might throw in a mistake that gifts us a goal over the 180 minutes? At this moment, I'd be thinking exactly that because that's what I'm thinking when I watch him play for us.

Until I don't go into matches thinking that, then why wouldn't you consider an offer like that? Until you don't see him do what he did against Everton and think 'yep' then you have to look at offers like this.

Here's a question. We sell him to them, sign someone like Cavani and we meet them in the CL semi-finals.

Would part of you be thinking that Luiz might throw in a mistake that gifts us a goal over the 180 minutes? At this moment, I'd be thinking exactly that because that's what I'm thinking when I watch him play for us.

Until I don't go into matches thinking that, then why wouldn't you consider an offer like that? Until you don't see him do what he did against Everton and think 'yep' then you have to look at offers like this.

the everton incident was his only real mistake under benitez and it would of been dealt with if cahill wasnt incompetent.

This whole idea that Luiz is a liability defensively is for the most part fueled by the media insisting that he is one - using ideas like the stupid 'he should move into midfield' idea to help create it. In my mind he was probably are best defender and I recall very little of his mistakes (which I don't think were that bad as some are trying to make it out) have led to goals. The likes of Terry, Ivanovic and Cahill have been much more of a liability defensively , making stupid mistakes that led to goals (Cahill backing of Adebayor and not closing him up, Terry lunging like a headless chicken against Newcastle and not marking Gervinho that led to Arsenal equalizing, Ivanovic - to many to list).

Yes if Barca offer something like £40 million then we might have to consider it. But if Jose wants David Luiz gone because he is seen as defensively a liability, to backs Terry or Cahill, then in my mind he is a flipping idiot

Hey look, a pop at Jose. You keep playing that one note. :wank2:

If Barca offered £15 million for Cahill I'd say take it. If Barca offered £25 million for Ivanovic (like Monaco were rumoured to) I'd say take it. If Barca offered £10 million for JT, then I'd say consider it.

This whole discussion is based on a £30 million bid for Luiz. That is a lot of money for potential at the age of 26. I think at this point in his career the David Luiz we see play week in and week out might be who David Luiz actually is. If that's the case and there are other, younger players out there who do what Mourinho wants defenders to do for less money than it has to be considered.

if luiz is sold and that complete donkey cahill remains i will be sick.

Cahill is a mere squad player though, who cost next to nothing (in the grand scheme of things), Luiz was a marquee signing who would accept nothing less than a first team place.

the everton incident was his only real mistake under benitez and it would of been dealt with if cahill wasnt incompetent.

Fine, let's sell Cahill too. To me he's a good third-choice CB a bit like Ivanovic.

who would we replace him with? mangala? garay? pepe? papadopoulos? all these guys would make good partners for him

Papa and Mangala are both defenders I like because they're a bit more no-nonsense than Luiz but they're both buys based on potential. The difference is they're both young guys.

If we could get both of them for roughly the same money we'd sell Luiz for then it's got to be considered.

Luiz ain't a good CB anymore!(I mean he is good but there are much better center backs out there) If we sell him we lose a fantastic defensive midfielder but we surely can replace him so no worries lads.

Hey look, a pop at Jose. You keep playing that one note. :wank2:

If Barca offered £15 million for Cahill I'd say take it. If Barca offered £25 million for Ivanovic (like Monaco were rumoured to) I'd say take it. If Barca offered £10 million for JT, then I'd say consider it.

This whole discussion is based on a £30 million bid for Luiz. That is a lot of money for potential at the age of 26. I think at this point in his career the David Luiz we see play week in and week out might be who David Luiz actually is. If that's the case and there are other, younger players out there who do what Mourinho wants defenders to do for less money than it has to be considered.

Of course I'm going to comment on Jose, because this whole rumour started with the idea that Jose would not want him . Do you honestly have your mouth so far down his cock that you get offended when anyone makes a comment that is not licking Jose's arse. I guess you are going to say its not "worthwhile observation" again :rolleyes: .

Cahill is a mere squad player though, who cost next to nothing (in the grand scheme of things), Luiz was a marquee signing who would accept nothing less than a first team place.

I love the posts this guy makes. Short, insightful, no bullshit and straight to the point. Please post more often.

no homo of course

Papa and Mangala are both defenders I like because they're a bit more no-nonsense than Luiz but they're both buys based on potential. The difference is they're both young guys.

If we could get both of them for roughly the same money we'd sell Luiz for then it's got to be considered.

we'll soon find out whether Mourinho thinks Luiz is good enough.

I'd be happy with Luiz, Terry, Papa/Mangala, Cahill for next season provided that we fix up our midfield.

Luiz ain't a good CB anymore!(I mean he is good but there are much better center backs out there) If we sell him we lose a fantastic defensive midfielder but we surely can replace him so no worries lads.

no he is a much better centre back than defensive midfielder.

no he is a much better centre back than defensive midfielder.

Was true not anymore. Used to be a great CB in the beginning of this year and last season but since started playing CDM, lost his good marking skills. He is still doing a good job at the back but makes a lot of mistakes. Iva Cahill are better atm.

Was true not anymore. Used to be a great CB in the beginning of this year and last season but since started playing CDM, lost his good marking skills. He is still doing a good job at the back but makes a lot of mistakes. Iva Cahill are better atm.

Ivanoivc and Cahill makes alot of mistake themselves! Luiz is alot better than both of them especially Cahill!

and what are you talking about? Luiz best performances as a CB has come in 2013!!! he has performed better than ever this year much much batter than the start of the season and the season before! he is very very average as a CDM.