Roman Abramovich Thread

58 minutes ago, Vesper said:

it is MADNESS to think that the bids for the club (as we have a 2 billion quid stadium expense immediately coming up) would be in the 4 to 4.5 billion quid range IF there was no debt against the club

no one is going to pay close to £6 to 6.5 billion for Chelsea ( £2.5 billon to £3 billion for the club, THEN pay £1.5 billion back for the loans PLUS £2 billion on the stadium

the way inflation is rocketing that is between 8 and 9 BILLION USD

that is MADNESS to think yanks are going to drop that kind of dosh, unless you are talking Musk or Gates or Bezos level wealth

But the problem I have is that some might want to do the same as the Glazrers. Want to get profit to get their money back. 

But we are not yet a money making machine like United. Our Stadium is going to cost us. So why are those consortiums bidding. Unless they don't know the full account details of the club? 

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

But the problem I have is that some might want to do the same as the Glazrers. Want to get profit to get their money back. 

But we are not yet a money making machine like United. Our Stadium is going to cost us. So why are those consortiums bidding. Unless they don't know the full account details of the club? 

they are bidding what they are willing to pay

IF there was no drama and  we had THIS

Chelsea-new-Stamford-Bridge.jpg

£4.5 to £5 easy

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they are bidding what they are willing to pay

IF there was no drama and  we had THIS

Chelsea-new-Stamford-Bridge.jpg

£4.5 to £5 easy

I think with the new owner it can still be done that stadium, but weather it's at the same place where we at is a whole different thing. 

We will have to see what happens in the future. 

13 minutes ago, Fernando said:

They know in order to do that, a new stadium is a must. They were given financial outlines and portfolios before submitting a bid. 

Personally think its between Boehly Wyss/Saudi Media Group. The latter want us to dominate football and the former, although American, Boehly does have the understanding of how to build a successful team. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

They know in order to do that, a new stadium is a must. They were given financial outlines and portfolios before submitting a bid. 

Personally think its between Boehly Wyss/Saudi Media Group. The latter want us to dominate football and the former, although American, Boehly does have the understanding of how to build a successful team. 

I'm curious with this Saudi Group. They state that they are not link to the Saudi government. 

Where the money from that group is coming? 

If they are richer then Roman then I'm all for it. 

Just now, Fernando said:

I think with the new owner it can still be done that stadium, but weather it's at the same place where we at is a whole different thing. 

We will have to see what happens in the future. 

it will be at the same location

as the CPO will never let the club leave

we would have to change the name, make a brand new company

Just now, Vesper said:

it will be at the same location

as the CPO will never let the club leave

we would have to change the name, make a brand new company

CPO yes I remember was a pain. But in reality the place where Chelsea is at is one of the best area. 

So if want to keep Chelsea at the same prestigious place then it will cost. 

Thus in reality that CPO stubbornness has been good for us and any future buyers in keeping the club at a key area. Just that will cost more as to in other place, but that is the sacrifice that must be done. 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I'm curious with this Saudi Group. They state that they are not link to the Saudi government. 

Where the money from that group is coming? 

If they are richer then Roman then I'm all for it. 

There at the very least have to be some indirect ties to the state. 

They are a consortium as well, with other private investors/organizations included in the bid. 

Ex Chelsea man Tal Ben Haim is brokering a deal on behalf of a Gulf-based billionaire to buy the club The investors have submitted a £2bn offer to buy, with the promise of another £500m in funds. #CFC

I have the feeling that only we from the forum have not sent our offer 

32 minutes ago, milka said:

Ex Chelsea man Tal Ben Haim is brokering a deal on behalf of a Gulf-based billionaire to buy the club The investors have submitted a £2bn offer to buy, with the promise of another £500m in funds. #CFC

I have the feeling that only we from the forum have not sent our offer 

I am a part of the Saudi Media bid, I mean, how do you think they got to 1.7tn? 🤣

22 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We will know by the end of tonight what offer was accepted? 

The top three to four bids will be looked at by Roman. He can send one or several to be vetted by the UK government. There is no deadline for this process given other than the UK government said it will move as quickly as it can.

Think it’ll end up being the Boehly group but I’m still holding out just the faintest hope for the Saudi’s just for the meltdowns everywhere and for the guarantee that we will remain at the very top forever.

But of all the American groups I think Boehly’s is the best by far. I’d be cautiously optimistic under that ownership. We may not be in the running for the very, very top echelon signings for £100m, but he will understand that investing in top players is necessary.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think it’ll end up being the Boehly group but I’m still holding out just the faintest hope for the Saudi’s just for the meltdowns everywhere and for the guarantee that we will remain at the very top forever.

But of all the American groups I think Boehly’s is the best by far. I’d be cautiously optimistic under that ownership. We may not be in the running for the very, very top echelon signings for £100m, but he will understand that investing in top players is necessary.

I agree with you except for what i have been reading in about Boehly is That he would, for example, rather pay €250m for Haaland instead of €100m for Lukaku if the data and scouting all pointed at Haaland beeing the elite option. Now this argument is a stretch but the point is my view of Boehly is that he is not afraid of splashing the cash on the right player if the circumstances are right 😄