Roman Abramovich Thread

On 14/03/2022 at 19:54, cosmicway said:

We have one sports related, Alexander Spanos with 2.4 billion, owner of San Diego Chargers.

Alex Spanos died in 2018 (his son Dean is now the owner), and that team left San Diego and moved back to Los Angeles after the 2016 season

they share that 5 billion usd new stadium with the LA Rams, who just won the Super Bowl

pretty same colours (shades are different) too, LOLOL

the 2 teams actually have the 2 best looking unis in the NFL IMHO

Chargers unveil new uniforms, bringing back gold pants to go with powder  blue - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Rams reveal their new uniforms for the 2020 NFL season - Los Angeles TimesAlexander: An LA Rams championship after all these years – Orange County  Register

6 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Yes, but he already made his mind up by refusing to sign an extension.

Because his agent got in his ear. It's never to late to offer what he wants. 

Far as I'm concerned, there is no CB out there bar Marquinhos who I would trust to come and slot right in. If Christensen or Rudiger, or both leave next summer we are going to be weaker. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Because his agent got in his ear. It's never to late to offer what he wants. 

Far as I'm concerned, there is no CB out there bar Marquinhos who I would trust to come and slot right in. If Christensen or Rudiger, or both leave next summer we are going to be weaker. 

His agent doing what Christensen wants.

On 15/03/2022 at 14:29, Tricky Houseman said:

Roman is now reported to be in Moscow. The optimist in me hopes that he is there to use whatever influence he has to try and talk some sense into the current regime about the futility of this awful war.

The cynic in me says he's gone there to nail his colours to Putin's mast

17 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

'"Chelsea" and "sporting integrity" don't belong in the same sentence': Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson tears into the 'rotten' world champions, calls for counterpart Bruce Buck to be 'thrown out' and vows to complain to the FA.

Steve Gibsons company Bulkhaul have an agent in Russia called Ruscon which operates throughout Russia. Gibson happy to do business with Putins Russia when he is making money. So many hypocrites....

fuck that Teesside twat

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Not according to Matt Law. In the London is Blue podcast back in September, he stated Christensen was ready to sign until his agent intervened. 

The other day it was relieved that Chris is not getting much money in Barca and that money is not important in this deal. Plus he is not really important player for us. Just squad option.

Silva and Rudiger are million years ahead of him plus we will get Kounde (if plans continue) and he is 4th guy in packing order.

Just forget about Christensen, guys. He’s gone. A solid but unremarkable player who, because he has Thiago Silva and Rüdiger playing beside him, has been made to look much better than he actually is. Add Reece James being on his side of the pitch as well.

Good player but won’t be missed if we buy a new CB. I bet anything that we won’t be saying to ourselves a year or two from now “my god, I can’t believe we let him go to Barca for nothing.” He’s not a world class talent or anything.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

The other day it was relieved that Chris is not getting much money in Barca and that money is not important in this deal. Plus he is not really important player for us. Just squad option.

Silva and Rudiger are million years ahead of him plus we will get Kounde (if plans continue) and he is 4th guy in packing order.

Kounde isn't certain to sign with us especially if we get someone like Johnson, Ricketts, or Ranadive.

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Barca are probably offering some insane signing bonus though. And I think the long term plan is to have Christensen alternate between RCB and CB, to then inevitably take over Thiago Silva at CB. He's arguably at his best as the sweeper. 

Again, other than Marquinhos, I can't see any CB at the moment who would slot right in. And this isn't considering if our new owners will likely spend massive amounts this summer. Our safest bet is to keep Christensen.