Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Mate don't you think that his moves have been analysed therefore it is much of the same?

the confidence to go past his man has gone down recently. before he used to nutmeg evra, clichy etc but now he seems to be caught in 2 minds. i wonder if the recent criticism has gotten him

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the confidence to go past his man has gone down recently. before he used to nutmeg evra, clichy etc but now he seems to be caught in 2 minds. i wonder if the recent criticism has gotten him

Problem is he only nutmegged them in 2 games. What about the other games? He's not consistent enough. The first thing in his mind everytime when he gets the ball is shoot at first sight and/or look to cut inside to his left foot.

Problem is he only nutmegged them in 2 games. What about the other games? He' consistent enough. The first thing in his mind everytime when he gets the ball is shoot at first sight and/or look to cut inside to his left foot.

What a lot of crapb, no offence but either you do not watch games or you are blind ! Mate over the last 5 -8 games Torres has tracked back and stolen more balls than our midfielders so I guess that is the criticism to your post! We cannot dispute his work rate just his efficiency.

Problem is he only nutmegged them in 2 games. What about the other games? He's not consistent enough. The first thing in his mind everytime when he gets the ball is shoot at first sight and/or look to cut inside to his left foot.

yeah. true. i would personally prefer bertrand over him in the final, for aforementioned reasons, although rdm may not

What a lot of crapb, no offence but either you do not watch games or you are blind ! Mate over the last 5 -8 games Torres has tracked back and stolen more balls than our midfielders so I guess that is the criticism to your post! We cannot dispute his work rate just his efficiency.

All warnie666 stated was that Torres tries hard at defending but is not good at it. For example, the two-footed challenge against Swansea which got him a red card, and then there's the goal he nearly gave away when he came on against Barcelona (thankfully ruled offside).

yes torres is not too good at defending but he tracks back well, causes the attacker problems and will stick his leg into any challenge to win the ball. that is/was why the fans loved him during his trying times. sturridge will never stick his leg into a challenge. he will rather jump away. ( arsenal match ) and with the ball, torres is a far better player than sturridge. he dribbles better, crosses excellently, and brings more to the table than sturridge. for the final, he should start on RW and swap positions with Drogba.

I am so nervous for the final it is not funny. What worries me, is that against Barca everyone knew the tactics needed to stand a chance of beating them. With Bayern its a bit more different. How offensive should we play? How defensive should we play? Do we hit on the counter or try keep the ball. All I know is Bayern on the counter are really good with Robben and Ribery. They can pump the long ball into Gomez and the can play tight if needed. They are a versatile side. Their defense is suspect with key players out (like ours at the moment). IMO they are actually a similar side to us just with better players out wide. Its going to be interesting and I cant wait anymore,,,,,,,,,bring it on.

Our team is pretty much set. Our only thought-provoking areas are the wings. It's pretty safe to say that Kalou will start on one wing and Rambo would've started on the other, but now our options are thin in terms of wingers who are able to help defensively. Only Malouda is left as a capable defensive winger. I don't see many other options. There is also the chance that Robbie decides to play 4-3-3 in which case Mata would be pushed out wide, but he is also a defensive liability. Whatever we choose, it won't be ideal (fucking suspensions).

Something like this perhaps if we're going more defensive:

Bosingwa - Cahill - Luiz - Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Kalou - Mata - Malouda

Drogba

If not, then Studge would be the logical more attacking replacement for FloMo. We shall see how we start the game, if it doesn't work, then they can be subbed for one another in the 2nd half. I somewhy have a feeling that Robbie will opt for Sturridge though, because otherwise we have no real drive in attack with Rami's absence. Torres is one to be considered also, but that would be a first and a risk.

It's really a tough one, I wouldn't want to be in Robbie's position.