Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our team is pretty much set. Our only thought-provoking areas are the wings. It's pretty safe to say that Kalou will start on one wing and Rambo would've started on the other, but now our options are thin in terms of wingers who are able to help defensively. Only Malouda is left as a capable defensive winger. I don't see many other options. There is also the chance that Robbie decides to play 4-3-3 in which case Mata would be pushed out wide, but he is also a defensive liability. Whatever we choose, it won't be ideal (fucking suspensions).

Something like this perhaps if we're going more defensive:

Bosingwa - Cahill - Luiz - Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Kalou - Mata - Malouda

Drogba

If not, then Studge would be the logical more attacking replacement for FloMo. We shall see how we start the game, if it doesn't work, then they can be subbed for one another in the 2nd half. I somewhy have a feeling that Robbie will opt for Sturridge though, because otherwise we have no real drive in attack with Rami's absence. Torres is one to be considered also, but that would be a first and a risk.

It's really a tough one, I wouldn't want to be in Robbie's position.

I was thinking, can we use Ryan as winger instead of Malouda?

Cause I think any choice is better then Malouda! :Goober:

Nonetheless the best choice is to play Torres as winger or rely on that selfish Sturridge.

We have no choice!

And who knows, that selfishness of Sturridge could surprise Bayern in the final......but to be honest I expect more of a winner from Kalou.

Kalou the player everyone loved to hate, will go down as a folkloric character that got the winner for Chelsea. :D

I don't think Ryan has played even a minute in CL, it would be a huge risk to play him for the first time and out of position as well (although his original position was left winger).

I don't think Ryan has played even a minute in CL, it would be a huge risk to play him for the first time and out of position as well (although his original position was left winger).

It's because he's not registered for the UCL. AVB chose Ferreira instead of him. :) Btw. I hope you guys see now why I wanted Bosingwa over Ferreira.

Malouda and Sturridge must not play.

Not many options left then. But it's almost certain that at least one of them will play some part in the game, so whether we like it or not, we'll see them. If not one of them, then only options left are Ryan and Torres.. I'm not a fan of those choices either.

This situation highlights how shit our wing situation truly is now that Mata has been permanently placed in the middle where he belongs. Whoever we choose it will still have to be Cole and Bosingwa to put out performances of lifetime.

@Manuf: Bertrand IS registered now.

Sturridge will be it, cause Torres will have to be saved for second half if Sturridge or Kalou are sucking ass!

It's almost guaranteed Sturridge will play badly :lol: no point starting with him.

Not many options left then. But it's almost certain that at least one of them will play some part in the game, so whether we like it or not, we'll see them. If not one of them, then only options left are Ryan and Torres.. I'm not a fan of those choices either.

This situation highlights how shit our wing situation truly is now that Mata has been permanently placed in the middle where he belongs. Whoever we choose it will still have to be Cole and Bosingwa to put out performances of lifetime.

Yeah very true, our options out wide is very very poor.

I'd go for Torres though, better option than Malouda and Sturridge for me.

Problem is he only nutmegged them in 2 games. What about the other games? He's not consistent enough. The first thing in his mind everytime when he gets the ball is shoot at first sight and/or look to cut inside to his left foot.

*Newsflash* Neither is Torres, Kalou or Malouda. I give it to Sturridge because he's played out wide all season, there is no reason to give Torres a start at a position he hasn't started at all this season in the biggest game in the clubs history.

Also if Drogba or Torres are struggling it makes it even harder to bring on a young unproven kid. One of Drogba and Torres will start not both DiMatteo doesn't seem like the guy who will implement a new wrinkle in the last game of the season.

I would be SHOCKED if this isn't our XI on the 19th...

CECH

BOSINGWA - CAHILL - LUIZ - COLE

MIKEL - LAMPARD

KALOU - MATA - STURRIDGE

DROGBA

Anything other than that would be too risky.

Kalou is a sure starter, the other wing will be Sturridge/Malouda/Torres.

Think it'll be Sturridge with Torres on around the 60th minute.

Precisely what I think! It would be nice to see Danny earn that start though by putting in a good/great shift against Blackburn...

Kalou is a sure starter, the other wing will be Sturridge/Malouda/Torres.

Think it'll be Sturridge with Torres on around the 60th minute.

why not Bertrand? He has played well in all the games he started, provides the full back good protection and he has shown that he can go up and down his flank all night long. He would put in a better performance than sturridge or torres

why not Bertrand? He has played well in all the games he started, provides the full back good protection and he has shown that he can go up and down his flank all night long. He would put in a better performance than sturridge or torres

Are you kidding? you want to start Bertrand in the biggest game in the clubs history? Wow... Sturridge will at least give them something to think about, Bertrand, I'm not even sure they know who he is....

I think its safe to say he won't be in contention for our wing position

Are you kidding? you want to start Bertrand in the biggest game in the clubs history? Wow... Sturridge will at least give them something to think about, Bertrand, I'm not even sure they know who he is....

I think its safe to say he won't be in contention for our wing position

No. I am not kiddin. Bertrand is not a teenager and now he starts games at the emirates, anfield and is showing how good he is. he is just unlucky to be in the same team as arguably the best left back in the world but that doesn't mean he's bad. He's a MUCH better option than Sturridge because the winger will have to track back to Robben and Lahm. Bertrand will provide cover and its not like he doesnt know to attack