Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Lmao, RDM will prove to be the most clueless manager in world football history if Essien even steps foot in the Munich final.

Ferreira, Heck.. even Oriol, as bad as he was yesterday over Essien in a heartbeat.

He has to be sold in the summer :cry:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact 1: Finale is a game that is played extremly carefull, no team realy go straight in attack. Yes true

Fact 2: Bayern is very attacking team, they have relatively bad deffence Last season, I would have really agreed with you but this season, Bayerns defense has been superb, 17 clean sheets in the Bundesliga, that hasn't been done since the 2005/2006 season

Fact 3: Chelsea has good defence, not that good attack. Really? Ive heard only good things about Chelseas attacking force

Fact 4: According to fact 1, Chelsea will play easier, because defensive/careful tactics are more suited to them, Bayern could struggle there. I dont think Chelsea can park the bus against Bayern

Fact 5: We have efficient attack, score when it is needed; one goal could be enough to win. But you just said that Chelsea aren't good in attack?

Fact 6: Germans are favourite, pressure is on their side, home-ground will be pressure on them aswell. True but Bayern do play better in bigger matches

Fact 7: We are more experienced team, realy passed through barca, not an easy job I dont see how Chelsea are more experienced team when Bayern play in the Champions League almost every year?

Fact 8: With Bos-Mikel-Iva-Cole defense, we stopped Messi, Xavi, Iniesta,..why not Gomez and Robbery too? Chelsea have suspended players unlike last time

Fact 9: Watching tonight game (realy absurd comparison, but still); Bilbao is very ofensive and young, unexperienced team. On other hand, there is Atletico who are more balanced and older, mixed with younger. Result? 3:0 to Atletico, who were not favourites to win. I think that more of because Atletico Madrid know more about the playing style of Bilboa since they play in the same league

Fact 10: There will be lot depending on will, determination, motivation, day form and battle-spirit. Experience will play huge role on all that.

Fact 11: Bayern have lost against Dortmund on realy important match, meaning they can be defeated even at their highest determimation to win the game. That game is also likely to be observed by RDM to find weaknesses in Bayern team. Dortmund are more domestic hungry than Bayern, Bayern are more internationally hungry.

Fact 12: When we lose, we lose because of lack of motivation, when we played on top motivation, we havent lost once (maybe to City only). That means we can win against anyone and lose against anyone. We are extremly unpredictable team, Heynecks will have hard time to figure our weaknesses. If Jupp Heynckes is good at anything, its doing his homework against other big clubs, he showed that against Madrid

Fact 13: We have defeated extremely attacking teams like Napoli (bayern only draw to them at Alianz arena! We won 3-2 at the Alianz, drew 1-1 away, whereas Chelsea lost 3-1) and Barca. Napolis, Barcas and Bayerns defense is not realy superiors Read my response to fact three. We are known to find holes in opponents deffences, only by having one deadly attack or counter-attack. That means, with right tactics, Bayern is defeatable.

Fact 14: Both sides will miss some key players, Chelsea has some decent replacements, while Bayern will find problem with CB. True

Fact 15: Ball is round, anything can happen. True

What do you think, can we win? I say YES. As I said, its a finals match, its always 50/50

Predator, as a Bayern fan you watch far more of Gomez than me. Would you agree with me that he usually plays poor in big matches?

Big games in the Bundesliga? Yes

In the champions league? No, he had an excellent game against Madrid, Napoli, and Manchester City.

Gomez is a poacher so his form really depends on Robbery to be honest.

Big games in the Bundesliga? Yes

In the champions league? No, he had an excellent game against Madrid, Napoli, and Manchester City.

Gomez is a poacher so his form really depends on Robbery to be honest.

The amount of chances he squandered in the two legs against Madrid was just ridiculous!

In 2010, Atletico Madrid won the Europa League, Bayern Munich lost in the UCL Final & Blackpool won the Championship Play-Off Final. Omen.

That really means nothing tbh just superstitions and if you want to look at it that way, 1999, final in Spain, Bayern lose, two years later, Bayern win, 2010 final in Spain, Bayern lose, two years later?

The amount of chances he squandered in the two legs against Madrid was just ridiculous!

LOL! What are you talking about Predator? In the first leg he was virtually non-existent and only at the end did he score a scrappy tap-in goal that came of his knee. In the 2nd leg, he missed various great chances.

I thought his performance in the first leg was great, he helped in the midfield and defending a lot

One of Gomez's weaknesses are finishing, horrible at it actually, but for him to even get those opportunity's is simply amazing

In 2010, Atletico Madrid won the Europa League, Bayern Munich lost in the UCL Final & Blackpool won the Championship Play-Off Final. Omen.

There are so many indications (like first winners in Munich etc) telling us this actually can be our year. I would pull down the town if it really happened.

Talking of sleeping the night before the game , i may have to get rather drunk just to sleep. Its good to hear some reports now suggesting Luiz and Cahil should be fit.