Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Indeed, Ashley Cole had the best 'initial' reaction out of every Chelsea player that night. The expression on his face when Drogba scored the winner was priceless.

Not to mention, before that, one of the best pens I think i've ever seen. The stutter, the placement, the spin on the ball and the beating of the badge afterwards. Class.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, Ashley Cole had the best 'initial' reaction out of every Chelsea player that night. The expression on his face when Drogba scored the winner was priceless.

Pictures or videos?

I don't remember watching him....only in that video where he is in the ground for a long time.

The only time i saw him that I remember was to talk to Shrieves.

Pictures or videos?

I don't remember watching him....only in that video where he is in the ground for a long time.

The only time i saw him that I remember was to talk to Shrieves.

Only screenshots, but this was the moment I was referring to..

12046054.png

He went absolutely ape shit, I've never seen anything like it before, and then he flung himself to the ground.

Lampard's reaction was very similar to Ashley Cole's when Drogba scored.

The slow motion picture of Lamps sliding down to his knees with arms pumping the sky, screaming out every ounce of pure adrenaline he had left inside his body will, for me, go down as one of THE iconic pictures in Chelsea history. I can just see myself looking at that in 40 years time and smiling.

Anyone willing to make me a sig of it, or point me in the direction of one already made, perhaps with one of the slogans from the game, would get some serious rep!

Only screenshots, but this was the moment I was referring to..

12046054.png

He went absolutely ape shit, I've never seen anything like it before, and then he flung himself to the ground.

He celebrates in a similar manner when Drogba scored the first goal against Napoli. He is truly a player who loves winning and relishes the competition. No wonder he enjoys taking on the likes of Ronaldo, Messi and Robben.

He celebrates in a similar manner when Drogba scored the first goal against Napoli. He is truly a player who loves winning and relishes the competition. No wonder he enjoys taking on the likes of Ronaldo, Messi and Robben.

His performance away at barca was also undervalued in the press. He actually played more centrally in the defence to help out and control bosingwa, hence why drogba dropped further back until he stayed at left back.

Ashley cole marshalled the most makeshift defence in champions league semi final history against the best attacking team in the world with our 4th choice CB and two full backs in the centre and a midfielder and striker as our full backs.

He needs to be rested more often next season like at the back end of the season because it not only keeps him fresh but also goves bertrand chances. However he remains easily the best LB in the world.

And regardless if he came from the scummy neighbours, i love him here and he's definately a converted chelsea boy!

Didier Drogba - Why the Chelsea striker is simply unplayable hail.gif

'Some players don't understand when to raise their game,' said Chelsea first-team coach Eddie Newton. 'Didier does. He can really take it to the level needed. Emotionally, you see the difference, the step up. You see the look in his eyes. Quite literally, he changes, and you know he's ready for it.'

Not to mention, before that, one of the best pens I think i've ever seen. The stutter, the placement, the spin on the ball and the beating of the badge afterwards. Class.

The best pen on the night, technicialy. Luiz next.

But nothing ever, ever will come close to Schweinsteigers :)

This. People talked about Luiz's penalty, but Ashley's was one of the best executed pens I've evr seen. No goalkeeper in the world is saving that.

Juan must have been bloody relieved. After his miss, he was sitting on the pitch, David Luiz was cheering him up. And once Drogba scored, he made a run towards our fans but fell down, kicking his feet and stayed there. It reminded me of Ronaldo from Moscow.

This. People talked about Luiz's penalty, but Ashley's was one of the best executed pens I've evr seen. No goalkeeper in the world is saving that.

Even Lampard. Neuer almost knew that Lampard was gonna put it there but the power in the penalty - absolutely brilliant. Just smashed it in

Even Lampard. Neuer almost knew that Lampard was gonna put it there but the power in the penalty - absolutely brilliant. Just smashed it in

I was hoping that Neuer had not scouted how Lamps takes his pens, every chelsea fan knew Frank was gonna smash that down the middle. Good thing is he does that so well that Neuer couldn't save it despite knowing where it was intended to go.

I was hoping that Neuer had not scouted how Lamps takes his pens, every chelsea fan knew Frank was gonna smash that down the middle. Good thing is he does that so well that Neuer couldn't save it despite knowing where it was intended to go.

Had he stayed still,I am sure he would have got injured.There was so much power in the shot,vintage Lampard!

The history thing pisses me off the most with Scousers, and it's why I have no respect for them. Although I don't like Arsenal and United I respect them, but I fucking hate Liverpool and their arrogance.

Before a golden period in the 70's and 80's their history was very average. That is exactly what Chelsea are doing now. We are enjoying our most successful period in our history and adding heaps of trophies. What is more we are doing it in a much more competitive environment, both domestically and on the continent.

All these Liverpool fans banging on about their history, but in my opinion history means fuck all if you weren't alive to witness it. I would much rather a less successful club in terms of history but winning things in the present.

And what Liverpool fans are quick to forget is we won a european trophy before them so they can fuck off!!!