Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching a re-run of the Barcelona second leg, and it is quite unbelieavable how we pulled that off. It is arguably the greatest 'backs to the wall' performance of sheer will and determination in the history of football, however if we didn't go on and win the final it would have felt for nothing.

We fucking earnt the trophy this year, IMO more so than any other team in Champions League history ever has.

That Barcelona second leg, so much fear in the players yet showed the greatest will power I've ever witnessed, with hope nearing to the end of the whistle.

'Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free'

Who was that in the floor, by where the Chelsea fans where?

He was in the floor for a long time!

Ashley Cole it is. Juan Mata was also on the ground for a long time.

I am not going to lie, I didn't think the ball went in at first. I thought it hit the side netting. I had a delayed reaction to it. Glad that DD played on our side

The complete opposite happened to me. I was jumping and screaming the moment I saw DD beat Boateng with that run it did not even occur to me that he might not score.

Ashley Cole it is. Juan Mata was also on the ground for a long time.

Indeed, Ashley Cole had the best 'initial' reaction out of every Chelsea player that night. The expression on his face when Drogba scored the winner was priceless.