Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW did anyone hear about a Church service wear all of the members wore CFC kits & gave thanks to God? Man if this story is true, then that is awesome. CFC winning the UCL has helped to foster World Peace & that is the Truth. I have seen, read & heard Global Celebrations. People will remember what they were doing when DD stepped up for that Final PK. The CFC run in the '11/'12 UCL is an awesome story of Mental toughness & intestinal fortitude, which had a happy ending!!!

dd_uclcup.jpg

"Who needs Messi, when we've got Kalou?"- that will stay with the world forever. Bosingwa now has more CL medals than Cristiano Ronaldo and the same as Lionel Messi.

Messi has got 3 CL medals cap - 2006, 2009 and 2011.

Funnily enough, all those came against English opposition in the final.

The win is all the sweeter because of the real home advantage they got http://famouscfc.com/2012/05/23/unser-stadt-unser-stadion-unser-pokal-their-town-their-stadium-chelseas-trophy-why-bayerns-home-game-was-ruined/

I know it's been mentioned but nobody appreciates the monumental achievement it was for us overcoming all the odds to win it when everything was stacked against us in so many occasions, none moreso than the final itself. From 2004-2011 we found a way to lose it, whether it was from a referee, our own lack of concentration, huge elements of misfortune and perhaps bottle in some key moments. In 2004, 2-0 up against Monaco, we shoulda saw the game out but when they scored a goal with their hand, we gave up, the 2nd half was awful. In 2005 we should've attacked Liverpool at home more like we did Bayern & Barca in the 2 previous rounds. In 2008 we shoulda scored when we were controlling the game, the Lampard shot against the bar in Extra time was a bad miss but all the elements were against us that day and in 2009 when Barca went down to 10 men, we shoulda killed it and Drogba had that chance to bury them but finished very poorly. Even in 2011, Drogba got the goal back at Old Trafford but we conceded just seconds later.

We all know how we eventually got knocked out in the end of all those games but this year was different, we weren't going to lose and the luck came back, all in one season. Everyones quick to say we were lucky, like Andy Cole in an interview with ESPN and Craig Burley. Nobody mentions how unlucky we've been over the years but it just makes me laugh because it's such a stupid one way argument. Nobody mentions how lucky Man Utd and Liverpool were when they won it in previous years. Beyern battered Man Utd in 1999 and Juve battered them in the Semi and they talk about an amazing treble? Did Bergkamp not miss an Extra Time penalty in the FA Cup semi and did they not win the league by like a point on the last day? They should've won nothing that year. Liverpool were lucky in 05 and Man Utd were IMMENSELY lucky to beat us in 2008 so don't talk to me about luck. Who are the European Champions? Enough said, i've even got the T-Shirt :D

Andy Cole Interview on ESPN: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7999650

It's nice to win the UCL like we did and get the haters hating. But if your going to have an opinion, look at previous years too and then work it out. Our UCL win was out of 8 years of blood, sweat, heartache and injustice. We finally have it in our hands and we fucking well deserve it.

I still find it amazing that it was Torres who won us the corner, which was then headed into the goal by Drogba. I was sure that a new apocalypse would occur with them both on at the same time.

That Drogba goal was the first goal either Torres or Drogba have scored when both have been on the pitch together i think so what a time to do it. Torres was great when he came on.

That Drogba goal was the first goal either Torres or Drogba have scored when both have been on the pitch together i think so what a time to do it. Torres was great when he came on.

Funny that you typed that. At that moment in time I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought the ball was in the side netting. TBH I had given up hope, but DD showed me the Blue path & he was assisted by Torres. Again Heynckes made a tactical mistake by removing Muller & RDM had a simple response by putting in a motivated Torres. Stroke of genius. Knowing that Torres would be wanting to show the World what he could do, IMHO there was no coincidence that CFC started to dominate play at the end of the match. Of course I wish that would have happened around the 65th minute, but didn't mata cause we are Champions of Europe :D

I am still watching the penalties at least every two days. I still cannot believe how cool and cheeky Drogba took his.

Absoloutly huge how our boys gave the Bayern players in guard of honour hugs and high fives. Sportsmenship at it´s best.