Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

I can honestly say, like myself, MANY Chelsea fans would have cried after Drogba scored his penalty. Not only from the win, but because the game was so hard to watch. I felt extremely drained with emotion after watching it.. An unbelievable night that I will never forget. :cry:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Messi is an idiot if he doesn't recognise that tiki-taka is about as defensive a tactic as can be. The whole point of retaining the ball is to stop the other team from having opportunities to attack. Why not move it up the pitch more quickly and directly? That's attacking.

As i've been off today, ever since getting up i've just been watching a whole host of video's of us winning the UCL. Came across the penalty shootout from ze german point of view in 'their stadium'.

NEIN NEIN NEIN!! SCHEISSE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Rms5QgAVA&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL541DAB8EB941D169

"Bitte, Bitte, Ivica! Bitte, Bitte, Bitte".... and then there's an awkward silence

"Schweinsteiger mussen.... Schweinsteiger mussen. Bitte Schweini!!".... awkward silence.

"Scheisst Drogba! Du bist Scheisst! Drogba, Drogba, Drogba an den Zoo! Nein nein nein!".... and the biggest awkward silence of them all :lol:

That translates to:

"Please, please, Ivica!"

"Schweinsteiger must, Schweinsteiger must, please Schweini!"

"Fuck off Drogba! You're shit! You belong in a zoo! No, no, noooooooooo!"

They even tried insulting him in English :D

"Drogba du bist einen arsehole!"

Some of the reactions when Bayern players miss/Chelsea score from the Chelsea bench/centre circle are brilliant.

Those scenes will never get old. Incredible night.

I still watch the game and it´s just as exciting and goose-bumps material as it was watching the game live. Incredible scenes. I love it how in some sort of initial reaction the bench is jumping up and down after Petr saved Schweinsteigers pen.

Just came across this...

http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/backofthenet/archive/2012/04/18/lionel-messi-thought-gary-cahill-was-just-a-turn-of-phrase.aspx

Barcelona star Lionel Messi has confessed in his pre-game press conference that he believed Chelsea defender Gary Cahill was a prepositional phrase rather than a functional centre-back.

In the build-up to Wednesday evening’s Champions League clash, Cahill has been vocal in his belief the Blues can upset Barça and his comments have deeply unsettled the La Liga giants’ camp.

“We were shocked to hear Cahill’s rallying call, not least because not one of us had heard of this man, Gary Cahill,” the Ballon d’Or winner told journalists.

“I asked Cesc [Fabregas] if he remembered him from the Premier League and he said he thought ‘Gary Cahill’ was just an English phrase," Messi explained. "You know, something like ‘with all due respect.’”

Over the last few days, reports from the Barcelona camp suggest that ‘Gary Cahill’ had entered into the players’ vernacular, playing an ungainly and obtrusive role in usually flowing sentences.

During an open training session wave after wave of promising attacks petered out in a crescendo of confused calls of ‘Now, Gary Cahill’, ‘Gary Cahill, first-time ball, Gary Cahill.’

“Of course I’m worried about Cahill,” Barcelona boss Josep Guardiola admitted. “He just has that ability to interfere with our play, especially on a syntactic level, but, Gary Cahill, we feel we have what it takes to get the result we need, Gary Cahill.”

There will be pressure on Guardiola to get pre-match preparations correct. He came under fire back in February following Barca’s shock defeat to an Osasuna side many of his players believed was a water park.

:rant:

Most of you that where active about a year ago might still know me. Not only because of my honest opinion but also because i suffered from leukaemia. A progress wich some of you might have followed and supported me through this, wherefore many thanks. Everything was looking good and bright till i get starting gettin troubles with my breath and my lungs. I was agitated (if that's the correct word) i basically had just trouble breathing and there was an infections in my lungs. I had to go back to the hospital for a week, in the beginning in my own city. But they couldn't find anything and the infections where gettin worse and worse. I couldn't do some of the basic tests and had trouble with even just sitting straight. I was brought with ambulance to a other hospital, where they had more experience with lungs and where i also got treat for my leukaemia en where i had my bone marrow transplantation. I had to do a lot of tests and it was getting worse and worse, even now in this 'special' hospital. I got surgery on my lungs where day basically cut a pizzaslice out my lungs to invest it. This happened on the day before the Champions League final. I was in a lot of pain on the day of the final, i was very tired and everything seemed like a dream. A dream sponsored by a lot of morfine that was given continuous because i had a drain, pipe out of my thorax to get all the remaining fluid and air out of it. An final wich i will always treasure and will never forget. I was allowed to regulate the morfine myself, so if i had any pain i just pressed a button and the machine started to pump. I didn't use it for the night and slept great because of the big dose i already took. The next day i was a little less 'stoned'. But i was still wondering was this all a dream and was it the morphine that made me dream this? No it wasn't, it was real life! Unbelievable, indescribable!

At this moment i'm still on a high dosis medication and it's still not looking bright but there is now a progressive line and week by week it's getting a bit better.

Most of you that where active about a year ago might still know me. Not only because of my honest opinion but also because i suffered from leukaemia. A progress wich some of you might have followed and supported me through this, wherefore many thanks. Everything was looking good and bright till i get starting gettin troubles with my breath and my lungs. I was agitated (if that's the correct word) i basically had just trouble breathing and there was an infections in my lungs. I had to go back to the hospital for a week, in the beginning in my own city. But they couldn't find anything and the infections where gettin worse and worse. I couldn't do some of the basic tests and had trouble with even just sitting straight. I was brought with ambulance to a other hospital, where they had more experience with lungs and where i also got treat for my leukaemia en where i had my bone marrow transplantation. I had to do a lot of tests and it was getting worse and worse, even now in this 'special' hospital. I got surgery on my lungs where day basically cut a pizzaslice out my lungs to invest it. This happened on the day before the Champions League final. I was in a lot of pain on the day of the final, i was very tired and everything seemed like a dream. A dream sponsored by a lot of morfine that was given continuous because i had a drain, pipe out of my thorax to get all the remaining fluid and air out of it. An final wich i will always treasure and will never forget. I was allowed to regulate the morfine myself, so if i had any pain i just pressed a button and the machine started to pump. I didn't use it for the night and slept great because of the big dose i already took. The next day i was a little less 'stoned'. But i was still wondering was this all a dream and was it the morphine that made me dream this? No it wasn't, it was real life! Unbelievable, indescribable!

At this moment i'm still on a high dosis medication and it's still not looking bright but there is now a progressive line and week by week it's getting a bit better.

Hey man, this is all shocking to read. I just hope that you will push through. My thoughts are with you and your family.

“I asked Cesc [Fabregas] if he remembered him from the Premier League and he said he thought ‘Gary Cahill’ was just an English phrase," Messi explained. "You know, something like ‘with all due respect.’”

Again Cesc is looking lost when he goes up against CFC

BRITAIN_SOCCER_LEAG_178391c.jpg

Are you guys really that gullible? That article on Cahill was taking the piss... it came up on caughtoffside first. The Barcelona players never said anything like that.

Wow, you guys really are lacking a bit in the analysis of the reliability of written sources. That same author, on the same website, in the same column, wrote this:

New Cardiff City kit to be giant penis costume

Thursday 07 June 2012 16:52

The football club formerly known as the Bluebirds are going through some big, phallic changes, as Back of the Net's John Foster explains...

Controversy has erupted around Cardiff City, after the club’s owners announced that their players will no longer wear the club’s traditional blue shirts, and as of next season will take the field dressed as giant penises.

A statement issued by Malaysia-based Berjaya Group, owners of the south Wales club since 2010, confirmed that Cardiff are to drop the blue shirts they have worn for over 100 years in favour of a new penis-based design, a move they say represents “a bold new strategy for the brand.”

“The giant penis costumes’ girth, olive colouring, and thick, distinctive veins will make them unmistakable,” explained club chief executive Alan Whiteley.

“We forsee these giant penis costumes becoming the new must-have item in Cardiff, and in Malaysia, and eventually, all over the world,” he continued. “I look forward to the first home game of next season, when our penis-costumed players will be greeted by a passionate sea of giant penises roaring them on from the stands.”

The penis is symbolically important in Malaysia, where it is associated with courage, fertility, and luck, in contrast to the now-abandoned colour blue.

5474575.jpg

Cardiff's testicle-themed away kit is set to be popular with fans

“Unlike the penis, blue symbolises many things that we wish to distance ourselves from,” confirmed Whitely. “Such as melancholy, coldness, passivity, and the heritage and traditions of Cardiff City Football Club.”

Fans’ groups have been quick to object to the proposals, stating that the penis costumes are “totally inappropriate”.

“Dressing up our players as penises is nothing short of an outrage, and shows a profound ignorance of this club’s history”, a supporters’ club spokesman toldFourFourTwo.com.

“Anyone who watched Cardiff’s performance in the playoffs last season, or two seasons ago, or the season before that, would know that this club has absolutely no penis to speak of.”

Berjaya Group have also instigated a new motto, “Fire and Blood”, which critics have pointed out is the same as House Targaryen’s motto in hit HBO seriesGame of Thrones.

“It’s a great show,” said Whitely, responding to the claims. “Intelligently plotted and lavishly designed, but also packed with gratuitous nudity. Everyone at Berjaya loves it.

“Where do you think we got the inspiration for the penises?”

Editor's note: this isn't a serious accusation and all quotes are fictionalised. But you knew that, because you're not stupid.

They point out that is a hoax in the bottom line, FFS.