Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

The history thing pisses me off the most with Scousers, and it's why I have no respect for them. Although I don't like Arsenal and United I respect them, but I fucking hate Liverpool and their arrogance.

Before a golden period in the 70's and 80's their history was very average. That is exactly what Chelsea are doing now. We are enjoying our most successful period in our history and adding heaps of trophies. What is more we are doing it in a much more competitive environment, both domestically and on the continent.

All these Liverpool fans banging on about their history, but in my opinion history means fuck all if you weren't alive to witness it. I would much rather a less successful club in terms of history but winning things in the present.

And what Liverpool fans are quick to forget is we won a european trophy before them so they can fuck off!!!

:worship:

What a post!, took the words right out of my mouth, and infact you said it much better than i ever could.

I cannot stand these stupid Liverpool supporters, who do they think they are exactly, they go on about there history when they haven't even witnessed any of it!.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:worship:

What a post!, took the words right out of my mouth, and infact you said it much better than i ever could.

I cannot stand these stupid Liverpool supporters, who do they think they are exactly, they go on about there history when they haven't even witnessed any of it!.

:yes:

The history thing pisses me off the most with Scousers, and it's why I have no respect for them. Although I don't like Arsenal and United I respect them, but I fucking hate Liverpool and their arrogance.

Before a golden period in the 70's and 80's their history was very average. That is exactly what Chelsea are doing now. We are enjoying our most successful period in our history and adding heaps of trophies. What is more we are doing it in a much more competitive environment, both domestically and on the continent.

All these Liverpool fans banging on about their history, but in my opinion history means fuck all if you weren't alive to witness it. I would much rather a less successful club in terms of history but winning things in the present.

And what Liverpool fans are quick to forget is we won a european trophy before them so they can fuck off!!!

Not to mention that success was funded by relatively enormous injections of cash into the club.

Celtic are the only club in the world of football that can claim that they didn't buy their trophies.

Like We Hate Scouse's sig says ... 'We'd sing about history if we too were shit'.

Certain people have questioned the moral points from our win. They claim that loads of clubs have won the European Cup while fielding an all youth academy graduate XI. I did some research; the criterion for a squad to have been given the tag of fair winners according to my opinion is:

1) For a player to count as home grown, he must never, even at youth stage, have turned out for another club.

2) At least 4 such players from the starting XI must be present for it to count as a 'fairly' won trophy.

Bearing in mind the above criterion, here are the results:

Real Madrid '56- 1 player out of 11 was not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Real Madrid '57- All of the 11 were signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Real Madrid '58- 1 player of the 11 was not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Real Madrid '59- 1 player of the 11 was not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Real Madrid '60- 1 player was not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Benfica '61- 6 of the 11 players were not signed from another club.

Benfica '62- 3 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

AC Milan '63- 2 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Inter '64- 4 of the 11 players were not signed from another club.

Inter '65- 3 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Real Madrid '66- All of the 11 were signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Celtic '67- 5 of the 11 players were not signed from another club.

Manchester United '68- 5 of the 11 players were not signed from another club.

AC Milan '69- 2 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Feyenoord '70- 1 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Ajax '71- 3 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Ajax '72- 6 of the 11 players were not signed from another club.

Ajax '73- 6 of the 11 players were not signed from another club.

Bayern '74- 3 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Bayern '75- 3 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Bayern '76- 3 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Liverpool '77- 2 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Liverpool '78- 1 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Nottingham Forest '79- 3 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Notthingam Forest '80- 3 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Liverpool '81- 3 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Aston Villa '82- 3 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Hamburg '83- All of the 11 players were signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Liverpool '84- 1 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Juventus '85- 1 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Steaua Bucharest '86- All of the 11 players were signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Porto '87- 1 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

PSV Eindhoven '88- 1 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

AC Milan '89- 2 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

AC Milan '90- 2 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Red Star Belgrade '91- 2 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Barcelona '92- 2 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Marseille '93- All of the 11 players were signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Milan '94- 3 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Ajax '95- 6 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. First time in 20 years a team has not bought the trophy.

Juventus '96- All of the 11 players were signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Borussia Dortmund '97- 1 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Real Madrid '98- 2 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Manchester United '99- 2 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Real Madrid '00- 1 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Bayern '01- All of the 11 players were signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Real Madrid '02- All of the 11 players were signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Juventus '03- All of the 11 players were signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Porto '04- All of the 11 players were signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Liverpool '05- 2 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Barcelona '06- 2 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

AC Milan '07- 1 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Manchester United '08- 2 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Barcelona '09- 4 of the 11 players were not signed from another club.

Inter '10- All of the 11 players were signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Barcelona '11- 3 of the 11 players were not signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

Chelsea '12- All of the 11 players were signed from another club. Bought the trophy.

And there you have it. Celtic '67 stands alone as the only team that never bought a European Cup. Chelsea were only the 12th club to win a European Cup fielding a starting XI not featuring any youth academy graduates that had never played for another club prior to Chelsea.

Those 11 other squads Chelsea's class of 2012 joins are:

Real Madrid (1957, 1966 and 2002)

Hamburg (1983)

Steaua Bucharest (1986)

Marseille (1993)

Juventus (1996 and 2003)

Bayern Munich (2001)

Porto (2004)

Inter (2010)

The only squads that can claim to not have bought the trophy are:

Benfica (1961)

Inter (1964)

Celtic (1967)

Manchester United (1968)

Ajax (1972, 1973 and 1995)

Barcelona (2009)

Look at that list. Just two clubs since 1974 have not bought the trophy. Incredible to think we're given the blame for spiralling transfer fee's and ruining the game, we were 28 years late in the long-term trend of clubs buying the CL; 56 years late from the first instance where it happened. And Real Madrid '57 are an absolute joke. To not have a single home grown player in the 50s, for fucks sake, is disgraceful.

Real Madrid have a 100% rate in terms of CL's bought compared with CL's 'earned'. AC Milan and Liverpool join them, with 7 from 7 and 5 from 5 'bought' respectfully; Bayern, Nott Forest, Steaua, Red Star, Marseille, Juventus, Feyenoord, Hamburg, Aston Villa, PSV, Porto, are all in the mix as well with 100% records.

Of the 22 different clubs to have lifted the trophy, 16 have bought the trophy each and every time they have lifted it, 5 clubs have less than 100% rates and only one has a 0% rate, Celtic.

8 out of 56 winning squads were assembled with greater than a third of the starting squad in the XI coming from the youth academy. In percentage form, that works out to a disgracefully low figure, 14.29%. Therefore, 85.71% of the time, the European Cup was bought.

The pictures have been posted a few times on here, but this is an actual 'video' of the prime minister explaining that famous moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK1nZ0DFkrM&feature=related

"You got the American president, not fully understanding the rules of football - or as soccer as he would call it..." :ph34r:

Was surprised to find out earlier today, despite all the talk of how we 'defended for our lives' etc and with endless amounts of pundits seemingly lining up to take a dig at the way we won the trophy, that we were in fact the third highest scoring winners of the champions league in its history.

Not bad for a side who just chuck men behind the ball all the time huh!