Fernando Llorente

NiclasCFC

Maybe because they all play more than 1 striker at once?

And we could too potentially if sturridge plays RW. That then leaves us no striking options on the bench. All it takes is one longish term injury and we'll have just one striker to call upon.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we could too potentially if sturridge plays RW. That then leaves us no striking options on the bench. All it takes is one longish term injury and we'll have just one striker to call upon.

Like I said, perhaps we need another Kalou option on the bench. Apart from that I don't see the point in getting a striker who won't be prepared to sit on the bench.

What do you mean by a Kalou option?

Before we had a strike force of Drogba, Anelka and Kalou. We've now got Torres (Drogba), Sturridge (Anelka), and ? (Kalou).

What I mean by a Kalou option is someone who is satisfied being a squad player, someone who's versatile enough to play in different positions etc.

Someone like Moses is a decent example.

Before we had a strike force of Drogba, Anelka and Kalou. We've now got Torres (Drogba), Sturridge (Anelka), and ? (Kalou).

What I mean by a Kalou option is someone who is satisfied being a squad player, someone who's versatile enough to play in different positions etc.

Someone like Moses is a decent example.

As much as you feel like we don't need another out and out striker, the club clearly feel that we do need one. We were going to get giroud until wenger stepped in and we've had enquiries turned down for lewandowski apparently too. So if the club feels this way then Llorente would be a good option

As much as you feel like we don't need another out and out striker, the club clearly feel that we do need one. We were going to get giroud until wenger stepped in and we've had enquiries turned down for lewandowski apparently too. So if the club feels this way then Llorente would be a good option

Where did you get that from? If we really wanted a striker there would be concrete evidence everywhere. That is certainly not the case.

Honestly feel a cheeky bid for Berbatovs makes sense. He isn't going to demand a starting position and is old enough not to impede our younger players progression (Lukaka).

Having said that I think Llorente offers something none of our existing squad can offer, the ability to hold up the ball and bring others into the game.

Stop the BS. United, Arsenal, City got a lot of striker and we just got 2!

they play with 2! people need to stop comparing ourselves to city and man u. Manchester City get better with respect to man chester city. just cuz we got hazrd do u see them signing a winger, or just cuz man u got van did man city get cavani?! Chelsea get better with respect to chelsea, not by what other clubs are doing. or should chelsea sell their best players cuz arsenal have?

I saw on Talk Sport that he will cost £28 million?

They're just guessing. Llorente has a £28m release clause in is contract and while Athletic said he won't go for any less, no one really believes that and a significantly lower bid will be accepted.

We did sign moses aswell but what i look at is all the other top teams and their striking options, i feel we need another world wide striker upfront not just for a replacement for torres but also competition as you need competition in every position to keep players on their toes. Llorente would be a great signing and would definately suit the prem.

After watching Lukaku yesterday, we should just stop now and wait for next season because Lukaku is fighting to get into our team. He sent out a BIG message yesterday against AVB and Tottenham, our rivals that he means business and he's ready. If we're gonna by a back up striker, get one cheap or use Moses, Marin or Hazard up front if Torres and Sturridge get injured. I can't wait to see Lukaku this season now for the remainder of the campaign.

There's no way that we're gonna spend stupid big money on a striker now imo. Torres will be number 1 striker, we only play 1 anyway, we ain't gonna spend upwards of £20m for a bench warmer. If we sign Llorente, we may as well sell Lukaku.

After watching Lukaku yesterday, we should just stop now and wait for next season because Lukaku is fighting to get into our team. He sent out a BIG message yesterday against AVB and Tottenham, our rivals that he means business and he's ready. If we're gonna by a back up striker, get one cheap or use Moses, Marin or Hazard up front if Torres and Sturridge get injured. I can't wait to see Lukaku this season now for the remainder of the campaign.

There's no way that we're gonna spend stupid big money on a striker now imo. Torres will be number 1 striker, we only play 1 anyway, we ain't gonna spend upwards of £20m for a bench warmer. If we sign Llorente, we may as well sell Lukaku.

Agreed!

Cheeky bid for Berbatov :)

Problem solved :)