Fernando Llorente

NiclasCFC

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

"In January, I am free to negotiate my future," he told Radio Cadena Ser. "But I want to be focused to try to help the team."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8086288/Athletic-Bilbao-s-Fernando-Llorente-to-discuss-transfer-options-in-January

• 3 weeks later...

I can see Torres has kinda lowered the standart for other striker's coming ..., this guy is average at best.We are champs of Europe Falcao, Cavani these are the type of players we should bring if needed not some mid table rejects. :wank2:

• 1 month later...

He's just announced he will be leaving Bilbao in the summer when his contract ends. Surely Bilbao will want to cash in on him in Jan? With our current Spanish manager I can see us making a move for him, as he may be able to be picked up on the cheap.

Not really sure I'd want him at the Bridge, should be better than Torres but he's always seemed like an on/off player to me; one game he's amazing, the next you can't even tell if he's playing :S

He's just announced he will be leaving Bilbao in the summer when his contract ends. Surely Bilbao will want to cash in on him in Jan? With our current Spanish manager I can see us making a move for him, as he may be able to be picked up on the cheap.

Not really sure I'd want him at the Bridge, should be better than Torres but he's always seemed like an on/off player to me; one game he's amazing, the next you can't even tell if he's playing :S

Well even 50% performance will be better than the 0% we currently have - 5-8 million, good replacement if Danny leaves... GET HIM... fuckit GET ANYBODY

Well even 50% performance will be better than the 0% we currently have - 5-8 million, good replacement if Danny leaves... GET HIM... fuckit GET ANYBODY

Lol yeah. Pretty much my opinion atm. Don't think he's right for the long run but anythings better than atm.

I've said a number of times that when the likes of Walcott, Llorente and Huntelaar all have six months left on their contracts and should be available for under £10m, and Demba Ba's release clause is reactivated for £7m in January, we should be looking at this group of players. All would do a good job (far better than what we currently have!) of leading the line of our first choice striker for the rest of this season well enough do get us our bare minimum goals (top 4 in the league).

Strikers such as Falcao and Cavani would not be realistically attainable in January, unless of course we pay obscene amounts of money and in all likelihood get mugged off again like the Torres situation. We could buy somebody like this in the summer and added to one of the above that we could move for in January and an ever improving Lukaku, we would have a much more impressive and potent strikeforce than we currently have.

I've said a number of times that when the likes of Walcott, Llorente and Huntelaar all have six months left on their contracts and should be available for under £10m, and Demba Ba's release clause is reactivated for £7m in January, we should be looking at this group of players. All would do a good job (far better than what we currently have!) of leading the line of our first choice striker for the rest of this season well enough do get us our bare minimum goals (top 4 in the league).

Strikers such as Falcao and Cavani would not be realistically attainable in January, unless of course we pay obscene amounts of money and in all likelihood get mugged off again like the Torres situation. We could buy somebody like this in the summer and added to one of the above that we could move for in January and an ever improving Lukaku, we would have a much more impressive and potent strikeforce than we currently have.

Agreed also add bony to your list.

The one thing I would say about Llorente this season is the way he has been treated at Bilbao is nothing more than a disgrace. When we look at how fragile the confidence and self belief is of our 'main' striker, if he had been in Llorente's shoes, he probably would have just retired from football.