Fernando Llorente

NiclasCFC

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be a logical deal. Guy has five years of football left in him, wouldn't command a stupid transfer fee / wages and would probably accept being our number two striker. My only concern is Lukaka.

But since we are Chelsea I see us paying £45 million for a greedy Brazilian wide man who some claim as a an option at CF on £160k a week.

Just read this...

Reports in Italy claim Juventus have made an improved offer of €18million (£14million) for Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente and are close to striking a deal for the Spanish international.

£14 millon? Bargain.

Just read this...

Reports in Italy claim Juventus have made an improved offer of €18million (£14million) for Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente and are close to striking a deal for the Spanish international.

£14 millon? Bargain.

Anything under £18m should make him our first choice striker target!!

This coule be interesting....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9488948/Emmanuel-Adebayor-set-for-Tottenham-switch-as-Fernando-Llorente-close-to-Premier-League-move.html

Spurs and City had previously broken off talks over Adebayor, who scored 17 goals while on loan at White Hart Lane last season, since his wage demands exceed the London club’s budget.

However it appears City are now willing to make a significant one-off contribution to compensate for the reduction in Adebayor’s future salary if Spurs meet the Premier League champions’ transfer-fee valuation.

Meanwhile Llorente, the Spain international forward, looks certain to quit Athletic Bilbao this summer and has received a number of offers from across Europe. However his agent, Carlos Arino Bajo, told the Daily Telegraph yesterday it is “very, very possible” the striker will be on his way to England.

"Tomorrow [Wednesday] Llorente will speak to his destination,” Arino Bajo told Telegraph Sport. “It is very, very possible he will decide to go to the Premier League. I don’t know the [choice of] club at the moment but there are two [interested] clubs. One is in London, and one is in Manchester.”

Arino Bajo refused to identify which clubs have made contact with the player. However it is clear there are other interested parties: the agent had previously confirmed to the Italian daily Corriere dello Sport that Juventus were among those to have made a play for Llorente.

Intriguingly none of the London or Manchester clubs would disclose an interest on Monday. It is possible that if any do covet the forward they would prefer to maintain a public silence until they are aware of his intentions.

Much-flouted transfer regulations stipulate that clubs must first reach agreement with existing employers before approaching the player himself. That first regulatory hurdle is unlikely to have been cleared so far: Bilbao have until now responded to any approaches by stressing that there is a €36 million buy-out clause in his contract.

However, as the transfer window advances towards closure it is likely English clubs have calculated that Bilbao’s negotiating position may weaken considerably amid an unfolding Spanish financial crisis.

With Manchester United having already enlisted Robin van Persie without yet dispatching Dimitar Berbatov, the recruitment of a sixth striker at Old Trafford would appear unlikely. Manchester City seem similarly well stocked for strikers but might perhaps re-enter the transfer market when the protracted Adebayor negotiations are concluded.

Even if he secures Adebayor’s permanent transfer, Andre Villas-Boas would still have only the Togolese and Jermain Defoe for senior strikers, and Llorente might subsequently emerge as a target if he remains available until August 31.

Arsenal have long insisted that Van Persie’s replacements have already been taken on, with Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski having arrived this summer. Arsène Wenger made plain that any future transfer business will surround midfield or defensive players, but if Nicklas Bendtner and Marouane Chamakh are both permitted to depart the Emirates Stadium it might alter that view.

Chelsea would for now seem Llorente’s likeliest destination in the capital, given that the departures of Nicolas Anelka and Didier Drogba have left the European champions with only Daniel Sturridge and Llorente’s Spain-international colleague Fernando Torres as recognised senior forwards.

I've said it already, anything under £18m and he must be snapped up. I don't think it will take any more with a year on his contract left.

I've said it already, anything under £18m and he must be snapped up. I don't think it will take any more with a year on his contract left.

And considering the fans protesting at him there is really no turning back now. Would definitely have him here for £20m or less

One club from Manchester and one from London

http://www1.skysport...est-in-Llorente

City and us? Arsenal would seem logic too, after the departure of RVP, but it wouldn't be logical to join them :rolleyes::D

Wenger has stated that he is looking for a defender and midfielder, not a striker so it leaves us or Spurs. I reckon he will go Juventus, in the case that they have Champions League football and he is more or less a guaranteed starter down there

Wenger has stated that he is looking for a defender and midfielder, not a striker so it leaves us or Spurs. I reckon he will go Juventus, in the case that they have Champions League football and he is more or less a guaranteed starter down there

"It is very, very possible he will decide to go to the Premier League."

Tomorrow is the D-day for him. It will be interesting to watch this 'saga'.