Fernando Llorente

NiclasCFC

The perfect replacement for Drogba if you ask me, He is big and Strong and scores loads of goals. He could also settle in quite nicely considering we have Torres, Mata and Romeu in the squad.

So what do you guys think about Llorente?

Let me know in the comments, Cheers!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do u we need another striker, We have Torres, Lukaku, play Sturridge more as a striker/CF and as backup promote one of our reserves/youth in. Bringing another clinical star striker means less exposure to the likes of Sturridge and Lukaku in the striker's position.

Llorente is really good and is in the form of his life however if we are to really put in money for a forward position (i mean if we are hell bent of putting money) i would prefer someone like a Lavezzi (who can play in the hole, attack, backtrack, tireless runner) over Llorente any day.

I really doubt that he'll leave Bilbao after the fantstic season they're having. Watching Barcelona-Athetic was absolutely amazing, so much more interesting than El Clasico in football terms.

Back to LLorente. Fantastic forward. He's unbeatable in the air, but also has good speed and significant ground skills. This means he can play as well as a targetman as a striker.

If you want to pay over the odds for this guy then ok, yes he is good but 30-35 million is far too much imo and why would he leave Bilbao when they are having a terrific season and if they keep their current squad together they will going for top 3 or 4 in La Liga?

• 2 months later...

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/07/21/chelsea-turn-attention-to-23-3m-spanish-international-fernando-llorente-as-blues-continue-striker-hunt/

Not the greatest of sources but I've seen it cropping up as a story in a few places recently. If it's true it would seem we're pretty hell-bent on grabbing another striker before the season starts

Why would he want to leave Bilbao? That's actually a mad question. To join one of the biggest clubs in the world who can actually win trophies. Bilbao play lovely football but they'll never win anything.