Fernando Llorente

NiclasCFC

If Llorente is available for £15m then you could feasibly buy him, Moses and Azpilicueta for around £30m total, which would be less than Falcao and Cavani. i'm not disputing the ability of Falcao and Cavani but our track record in recent years of splashing out big money on top name strikers has backfired spectacularly. It makes me reluctant to see yet another striker struggling with the burden of a high price tag and high expectations. Llorente wouldn't represent that problem at a much lower price tag and would more likely represent value for money. £80k per week wages are also likely to be only half of what Falcao and Cavani would expect.

And I would rather Llorente over Schurrle or Jovetic because he's a genuine striker, capable of playing the lone front man in our team. Age doesn't come into play as we already have Sturridge and Lukaku as young striking options to develop for the future.

Quite right, for some reason our expensive strikers struggle while our relatively cheaper ones in Drogba and Anelka shine.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite right, for some reason our expensive strikers struggle while our relatively cheaper ones in Drogba and Anelka shine.

Drogba and Anelka both cost a lot but were exceptions (which there always will be). However in the roman days we've spent lots on Mutu, Crespo, Shevchenko and Torres and even pre roman the likes of Sutton who was expensive at the time. £15m isn't peanuts but in the current market it is good value.

We should move now whilst juventus are still chasing van persie and city trying to shift dzeko.

Bilbao have publicly confirmed that he won't sign a new contract - this should be the striker we get! Proven goalscorer in a big league and europe, experienced but at a good age to get 3-5 years out of him and good value with only a year left on his contract. Somebody who was mooted to value in excess of £30-35m previously can probably be got for £15-18m and wages nowhere near the bracket of Cavani.

He's less than a year younger than Torres. I would like someone younger, but if the price is right....

We already have 2 younger - Sturridge and Lukaku. This makes absolute sense for the right price. He's £20m+ less than Cavani and Falcao, would command lower wages, his pricetag and profile wouldn't cause another Drogba/Torres situation and he's only about a year older than them.

this WOULD be a good signing but do we really have it in us to spend another 30mil (azpi, moses and llorente)? i mean sure sturidge could get some games at cf but if he has two strikers ahead of him then he sure will play many games at rw and then causing marin or moses may be un-happy. i still just see a rw and rb. because that way studge can get his games at second st, and then moses and marin battle out for rw and off chance hazard is injured/rest marin goes to lw and moses to rw. i could be wrong but just what i see happening.

he isnt from what i've heard the most prolific but a good decent option and the driving force for this signing would be his height and price.

I doubt he will be cheap, bilbaos president said they want 36 million euros which is his release clause.

Llorente has told us that he does not want to renew his contract with the club," Urrutia revealed at a press conference.

"In case Llorente leaves the club, we will not sign another attacker. I can tell all clubs that want to sign one of our players that we are not a selling club. They will have to pay a player's buy-out clause."

I doubt he will be cheap, bilbaos president said they want 36 million euros which is his release clause.

Llorente has told us that he does not want to renew his contract with the club," Urrutia revealed at a press conference.

"In case Llorente leaves the club, we will not sign another attacker. I can tell all clubs that want to sign one of our players that we are not a selling club. They will have to pay a player's buy-out clause."

They're just bluffing and trying if someone is stupid enough to pay €36m. Everyone knows their club's financial situation and they simply can't afford to let him go for free next summer and they are going to accept much less than the full buy-out clause. Something like 15 to 20m would be my guess, depending on how much competition there will be for his signature.

If (and right now that's a biggish 'if') we are going to buy another striker in this transfer window, Llorente would be by far the most sensible signing and I would love it if we could pull this off. Much cheaper transfer fee and lower wages than Cavani and also I get the feeling he would be more suited to our needs, meaning he wouldn't necessarily be the undisputed #1 striker like Cavani would be and that would also give Torres a fair chance as well. Llorente has also always struck me as a levelheaded guy and with the other Spanish players already in our team getting Llorente too would make sense. If he really is available and whoever decides these things at Chelsea thinks we need another striker, I say this is our man and we should buy him and fast!

A big plus is he is a completely different type of striker to Torres. His size and strength gives us a more direct option to be able to bang it up to when we're struggling to break teams down, but he also has a lot of skill and ability on the ball for a tall man and given the attacking, passing philosophy that bilbao implement, i think he could also flourish in a shorter passing game with the creativity we have behind hin.

I wanted him a few years back, don't think he's much of a good signing at 27 since he'll most probably only have two or three 'great' seasons. On any account, I think it is clear that the club is trying to sign a versatile forward who can play at both CF and RW like Hulk, Moses, Schurle..etc and not a pure striker like Fernando.

Besides I don't think I can bare to see us sign another Fernando for big money :Goober:

I wanted him a few years back, don't think he's much of a good signing at 27 since he'll most probably only have two or three 'great' seasons. On any account, I think it is clear that the club is trying to sign a versatile forward who can play at both CF and RW like Hulk, Moses, Schurle..etc and not a pure striker like Fernando.

Besides I don't think I can bare to see us sign another Fernando for big money :Goober:

His full name is Fernando Llorente Torres :ph34r:

Agreed if he was leaving for his true market value but if bilbao are forced to sell cheap (under £20m) then it is still a great buy for a player in his prime years.

Also we have a lot of versatile players which i agree gives us extensive options. However a lot of these versatile winger cum forward players chip in with goals but don't score enough to either put sufficient pressure on torres or to carry the load if torres misfires.