Fernando Llorente

NiclasCFC

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should go for Llorente.

It will be a very wise signature to fulfill the squad.

Most of us wanted Hulk, but could not get. And instead with that money we can get Moses, Azpi, and potentially Llorente.

Plus Llorente having work with Bielsa style of game, he would understand what we are trying to implement here while at the same time giving us an alternative for his height!

So Chelsea, you have my blessings! blue%20scalf.gif

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/907861-man-city-and-chelsea-target-fernando-llorente-turns-down-bilbao-contract

£15m and £80k wages is very good value. And we've been pretty shrewd with picking up players for a fraction of their real transfer value nearing the end of their contracts in recent years, so I would expect us to be interested.

thanks but no thanks! he is overrated! no where near as good as Cavani or Falcao!

Cavani is valued at £35-40m and falcao probably more. We've already spent a lot of money this summer, Llorente would offer good value!

Cavani is valued at £35-40m and falcao probably more. We've already spent a lot of money this summer, Llorente would offer good value!

if we can afford to spend that much on Cavani or Falcao then we should! if not then i would rather us sign Schurrle or Jovetic as a cheaper option rather than Llorente who is alot older and will only get worse in the next few years, whereas players like Schurrle or Jovetic and even Moses will only get better, and for me will offer much better value for money.

If Llorente is available for £15m then you could feasibly buy him, Moses and Azpilicueta for around £30m total, which would be less than Falcao and Cavani. i'm not disputing the ability of Falcao and Cavani but our track record in recent years of splashing out big money on top name strikers has backfired spectacularly. It makes me reluctant to see yet another striker struggling with the burden of a high price tag and high expectations. Llorente wouldn't represent that problem at a much lower price tag and would more likely represent value for money. £80k per week wages are also likely to be only half of what Falcao and Cavani would expect.

And I would rather Llorente over Schurrle or Jovetic because he's a genuine striker, capable of playing the lone front man in our team. Age doesn't come into play as we already have Sturridge and Lukaku as young striking options to develop for the future.

This guy has to put the fear into any defence. Comes from a team that is playing some good attacking football, and seems to be the only striker on our radar that is actually available. Will give us a very different striker than what we have, and will give us back some of the physicality and headers that were lost with Drogba. I say get him. Let him and Torres duke it out for games while Studge plays as both CF and RW. There will be enough games to go around. But if we can get Cavani..... :D