Fernando Llorente

NiclasCFC

I think Llorente is better than Huntelaar. I don't think Huntelaar would cut it in a big league if i'm honest. I like Llorente a lot. Free transfer in the summer, defo worth getting him.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't follow Llorente much, am I right in saying Huntelaar would be a better option though?

Hmm, tricky question. Huntelaar is definitely the better finisher and he can hold up play very well, but I am never a fan of signing 29yo strikers and tbh I am not a big fan of Huntelaar; I think he wasted his potential (I remember about 8 years back when he was supposed to be the next big thing).

On the other hand, Llorente is a couple of years younger and can be a very good striker, but from what I've seen his problem is consistency. His form has also dropped a lot this year. The fact that Aduriz has been prefered to him at Belbao just says it all.

So yes, I guess Huntelaar would be a better signing, depending on the fee of course.

On the other hand, Llorente is a couple of years younger and can be a very good striker, but from what I've seen his problem is consistency. His form has also dropped a lot this year. The fact that Aduriz has been prefered to him at Belbao just says it all.

The only fact his form has dropped and he is constantly on the bench is because he already announced he wont be renewing his contract. The club is punishing him for that!

I think he would be a very good cheap option and he would work well with a big name if we eventually buy Falcao/Cavani in the summer.

The only fact his form has dropped and he is constantly on the bench is because he already announced he wont be renewing his contract. The club is punishing him for that!

I think he would be a very good cheap option and he would work well with a big name if we eventually buy Falcao/Cavani in the summer.

Not sure about that because he has featured as a sub for them, if the board was punishing him they would not allow him to play like Malouda and Sniejder. His replacement, Aduriz, has also scored 8 goals in 12 matches (maybe we should sign him :P ) so he could be keeping him out of the side.

Not sure about that because he has featured as a sub for them, if the board was punishing him they would not allow him to play like Malouda and Sniejder. His replacement, Aduriz, has also scored 8 goals in 12 matches (maybe we should sign him :P ) so he could be keeping him out of the side.

You could fairly argue that, but we are talking about Bilbao (they cant even buy players) and not Chelsea or Inter.

For me, Llorente is being punished. He went nuts and had a big fight with the Board when Javi was sold.

Yeah Llorente is being punished alright.Last season he was brilliant for them so there is no way he would have been benched for aduriz but because Llorente wanted to leave in the summer and not renew his contract bilbao started benching him.

He'll literally go for around 9m so I'm definitely for this. Even if we sign Huntelaar and Llorente and then sell them in the summer. Llorente, Huntelaar, Sturridge and Torres I can deal with.

And while we're bargain striker shopping, might as well add Demba Ba! Ba, Huntelaar and Llorente for under 25m. :fainthv9:

for us I believe we can do better.

Well the only available strikers right now better then huntelaar and Llorente are falcao and cavani and for them we will have to pay in excess of 40m.So i think both of them(huntelaar,Llorente) can be very good signings and we certainly cant do better then them in january without spending at the minimum of 40m.

• 3 weeks later...
The one thing I would say about Llorente this season is the way he has been treated at Bilbao is nothing more than a disgrace. When we look at how fragile the confidence and self belief is of our 'main' striker, if he had been in Llorente's shoes, he probably would have just retired from football.

Really...? Care to explain...?