Fernando Llorente

NiclasCFC

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damiao makes sense for Spurs with their links to Inter. Although that didn't stop us from buying Oscar :D

Llorente is definately my number one choice considering whats currently out there on the market and his likely transfer fee and wages.

Didn't anyone see the guy that said the reported agent is not really Llorente's?

Yes but as it is official that he won't sign a contract and therefore is nailed on to leave Bilbao this summer then we are still speculating, particularly as Chelsea still need a striker IMO.

he would be a fine option for he could be second to Torres but unless RDM has plans to play studge at rw, dont see any new ST coming.

2 strikers won't be enough for the whole season. Even more so with no guarantee that Torres will score goals and Sturridge has not yet played many games in a STR position at the top level. It would be a huge risk not to buy another striker.

Sturridge was always Anelka's replacement, so we still need to replace Drogba.

2 strikers won't be enough for the whole season. Even more so with no guarantee that Torres will score goals and Sturridge has not yet played many games in a STR position at the top level. It would be a huge risk not to buy another striker.

Sturridge was always Anelka's replacement, so we still need to replace Drogba.

well actually torres was drogba's replacment because before him we had drogba, anelka and kalou and we were comfortable.

and if studge is anelka's replacement then we need a kalou replacement.(a rw/st) and thats what i meant to say, which will probably be the likes of jovetic,moses,hulk. but not someone who is limited to one position one position only. like cavani,llorente,dzeko.

well actually torres was drogba's replacment because before him we had drogba, anelka and kalou and we were comfortable.

and if studge is anelka's replacement then we need a kalou replacement.(a rw/st) and thats what i meant to say, which will probably be the likes of jovetic,moses,hulk. but not someone who is limited to one position one position only. like cavani,llorente,dzeko.

Bang on, how many times did Kalou even play CF during his Chelsea career?

Maybe was the origonal idea but last season we had two central orthodox strikers in our squad and that is how it should be.

Are you telling me you would be comfortable if Torres were to get a long term injury that we would be ok with Sturridge and a RW/ST like Moses?

I still think Juve will get him. I dont think we need Llorent. We need a different type of Striker. I would buy Jovetic. He just gives us another option upfront. I wouldnt like us to be stuck with two pure CF.

Jovetic, as good as he is could not lead the front line on his own. Actually think this could be a good bit of business, he offers something different from Torres and would be willing to sit out occasionally.

Maybe was the origonal idea but last season we had two central orthodox strikers in our squad and that is how it should be.

Are you telling me you would be comfortable if Torres were to get a long term injury that we would be ok with Sturridge and a RW/ST like Moses?

well before whenever drogba was injured we had anelka to play up fron then kalou to play rw. and you yourself said that studge was anelka's replacement making him the no.2 striker. so unless you change that stance we/you would have to be ok with that. and i think that why we're in for hulk,, becuz he's a better ST option than moses.

i thought llorente was going to juventus?

Juventus tabled a 20million bid which was rejected. Athletic Bilbao as a club have been rumored to be making Llorente's life hell.. club banners and a lot of media outlets have been commanded to criticize Llorente's desire to leave the club. He has one year left on his contract which could mean him staying at the club until the January transfer window in retaliation to the way the club and fans have treated him resulting in a price drop for his services, though Juventus are said to be preparing a higher bid ( his buyout clause) before this current window shuts. I would be very surprised if we enter this saga with a higher bid than what Juve are prepared to offer, with our attentions focused on Hulk and Cavani.