159 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was hard work to watch, they just play such great football but for what they can do offensively, we can do defensively and yeah, we had a lot of luck but you need luck in these games because you're playing the best team in the history of football. Our defence were superb, Ashley Cole had his best game of the season and the rest were equally as good at the back, as was Cech with some crucial saves.

Yes, they made 600 passes more than us and had 80% possession but that's because we had the goal, we had something to hold on to, they desperately wanted the away goal and they were not gonna get it! Immense courage, i don't know wtf was going on from October to January but something has clearly changed a lot. If only those 3 months were better, we'd be in the top 3 and could possibly relax a bit more in the league but there's no rest bite.

On the other hand, because Drogba and Lampard didn't play that much under AVB, they are not so shattered and kinda ok at this stage of the season and i think they will be crucial for our run in. Barca have actually played more games than us and look how they played today.

So glad we got the goal and held on, perfect performance.

Everyone played really well. I think cole has been steadily getting back to form since AVB left. Drogba played immensely....let down by his constant falling over and crying though.

I

We've stopped them from scoring at the Camp Nou before...

I don't know if we can prevent them from scoring this time, but we should look to score as well... I don't think sitting back and defending for the whole 90 mins will keep them out...

The ref at Camo Nuo will be under greater pressure.

am i the only one that notice meirles was pretty damn good today..looks like hes def a european footballer shows up in the big euro games..

I'm pretty sure lot of people noticed it, it's just that the whole team was brilliant so you don't get the hear a lot of praises for individuals. He did a great job in the midfield frustrating Barca.

That was hard work to watch, they just play such great football but for what they can do offensively, we can do defensively and yeah, we had a lot of luck but you need luck in these games because you're playing the best team in the history of football. Our defence were superb, Ashley Cole had his best game of the season and the rest were equally as good at the back, as was Cech with some crucial saves.

Yes, they made 600 passes more than us and had 80% possession but that's because we had the goal, we had something to hold on to, they desperately wanted the away goal and they were not gonna get it! Immense courage, i don't know wtf was going on from October to January but something has clearly changed a lot. If only those 3 months were better, we'd be in the top 3 and could possibly relax a bit more in the league but there's no rest bite.

On the other hand, because Drogba and Lampard didn't play that much under AVB, they are not so shattered and kinda ok at this stage of the season and i think they will be crucial for our run in. Barca have actually played more games than us and look how they played today.

So glad we got the goal and held on, perfect performance.

Very valid point, that.

Right... With Essien the beast. now its Meireles+ Mikel.

Are you saying the team who just kept Barca out for 90 minutes at home tonight cannot do the same thing over there??

We almost did it over two legs back in 2009 until Iniesta struck... it can be done!

Fact: in Europe, the team that wins the first leg by 1-0, has 58,4% chances to win the tie. The chances are even better if we only consider the last 5 Champions League seasons: 65%!

why did you join our forum ,,,TO GLOAT ,,,,,glory hunter

Glory hunter??? :D Strange way to search for glory the day my team lost against yours. I registered weeks ago to say something in another thread. Today i signed in to congratulate you for the win and give you my opinion. It's not what forums are all about? Plus, having a Barça fan here allows you to take on me. What else do you want?

Meireles was quality lol, a team player willing to sacrifice himself by receiving a booking (his attempts to stop Messi were great lol) meaning he would miss the second leg.

The clean sheet could be vital. If only we managed to score there, that would be something.

Still can't get over Lampard and his tackle against Messi and his pass to Ramires when everybody expected pass to Drogba. Stunning piece of football.

Maybe, but you always offer negativity, where as I offer logistics. Your "female" status carries you; your arguments offer no intellectual insight. You just type shit and expect it to be good.

Our team won, we are happy. If we are too lousy for you, why don't you just fuck off?