159 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Barcelona fan complaining about other team's diving. Wow, never thought I'd live to see the day.

Sou you're the only ones allowed to complain about that? I'm getting a lot of "you too". Well, I could say the opposite: you too have cheating players.

Congratulations to all the Chelsea fans for the lucky win. Your team showed a great defensive performance and nailed the only shot they had. Iniesta tied the game with the only shot on goal in 2009. If I felt it was a deserved win then, you deserved the result today.

You, and every "fan". No one expected to win today, but look!? I imagine we are becoming Liverpool 2.0 with the amount of donkeys on this forum!! You only applaud when it is acceptable.

Fuck off mate, look at the prediction thread!

Not one team expects to win against Barca..Doesn't mean we weren't whole heartedly rooting for the team!

This ref is brilliant. Didn't fall for Napoli's diving in the 4-1 and kept this game going as smoothly as possible.

Does the ref remain the same over both legs? I would love him for every match.

Plus considering, the ref has a catalan wife and his son is at La Masia, he had to be under immense pressure too, cause if he screwed it up, you know those things would have come up.

Welcome to the boards, nice to have another North American Blues fan here, to your statement about frustrating leo messi, from what i have seen of the lad that does not work Real Madrid have tried to employ this tactic time and time again in every el classico but he seems to not get phased by it, the other thing is taht we can't just focus on messi he is a talisman don't get me wrong but their attack is too potent to focus on one player for us to be successful in 2 legs the team defending has to be top notch, we have to bring back that good old english defending blocked crosses and shots as well as mikel will need to stand on his head to cut out passing lanes, as well as some high pressure from the forwards to cause the backline to give up the ball

TBH we have a serious chance as barca have not been the greatest in recent weeks and our form since RDM took charge has been pretty good even with some scrappy wins but that is a sign of a great side pulling off wins when you play poorly

COME ON YOU BLUES!!! blue%20scalf.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

posted that in the closed forum not a bad analysis of todays game

Amazing Cech performance. He and the posts kept Barcelona scoreless. But Drogba was disgusting. When he's not offside he's on the ground dry humping the grass. I'm going to quote what someone once said: "f****** disgrace"

You're one to talk. What about your own players?

Exactly, like Mourinho once said "when Manchester United dominated premiership its not boring, but we just win games and its boring"

Really don't know what to say. The performance far exceeded my expectations. We were absolutely brilliant defensively but got a bit lucky on a couple occasions. Then again, you always need luck against this Barcelona side. Perhaps we should have done better on the few attacking chances but at least we were clinical with one of them. Lampard's pass to Ramires was absolutely sublime and for a moment, I actually thought Ramires messed up the pass but thank goodness Drogba finished it!

Can hardly picked a MOTM tonight. Everyone worked their socks off and they deserved credit for that. That said, thought Cole was absolutely immense today and it was arguably his best performances after the recent dipped in form. Gonna be a mammoth task at the Camp Nou next week but at least this result gives a chance - even if it is a tiny one - to progress to the final. And here's a couple of stats to give hope:

@OptaJose 5 – Barcelona have been eliminated on 5/6 occasions after losing the 1st leg of a European Cup semi-final. Odds
Chelsea were the last side to keep a clean sheet at the Camp Nou against Barcelona in the Champions League. Hope.

Sou you're the only ones allowed to complain about that? I'm getting a lot of "you too". Well, I could say the opposite: you too have cheating players.

Congratulations to all the Chelsea fans for the lucky win. Your team showed a great defensive performance and nailed the only shot they had. Iniesta tied the game with the only shot on goal in 2009. If I felt it was a deserved win then, you deserved the result today.

THE difference was the REF gave you your win ,,,but then you expect that ,,, hope Real beat you at the weekend

Cesc Fabregas...

He is player, I respect from barca team most. I have to say, today they didnt cheat much at all, nice play, good ref...

I have to say, that some of you should support our team, even when they are not winning, against fulham lot of you wanted to get rid of half team, now you praise them in heaven. Dont want to blame you guys, but respect our team in good and bad. And that means for every single player. When he has good match or his worst, dont throwing him out of squad and blame him for every pass or shot. Tonight, they made what no one else could; win against Barca.

Have good night and cheers!