Chelsea 1 - 0 Barcelona

Kieran.

159 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

Ashley Cole was my man of the match. All the old guard looked shades of their former selves, it was remarkable to witness. If this is their last CL games for Chelsea, I'm glad they're showing the will and desire to go all out.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So that's 6 consecutive games that Barcelona have failed to beat us. Furthermore, they've also never turned a first-leg defeat deficit. The odds are in our favour.. Dare we dream?

Mourinho's Inter parked the bus in the second leg at Camp Nou and lost the game 1-0. If you ask me (i know you didn't) i'm sure Barça will score at least once. The main question is: can Chelsea score too in Barcelona? If you do, the picture will get darker.

If I wrote as bad as your grammar, I might understand. The point is: too many people will criticize for winning when it was unimaginable. We will think about the second leg while you reminisce about this match.

got a point there .... and I just hope you are wrong :)

Thought the thread title said we won 1-0 there for a minute, but i remembered we're useless, nothing but old players, Drogba, Lampard, Terry and Cole are all past it, so seriously lads, what was the real score, how many did Messi bang in against our weak defence?

Mourinho's Inter parked the bus in the second leg at Camp Nou and lost the game 1-0. If you ask me (i know you didn't) i'm sure Barça will score at least once. The main question is: can Chelsea score too in Barcelona? If you do, the picture will get darker.

If we get the opening goal at the Nou Camp the odds will swing dramatically in our favour. That away goal that Barca didn't get is very important in the grand context of things, we've shown we can compete and past results have shown we can get goals at the Nou Camp. One goal can change everything, no doubt, but one goal for us can do wonders.

Cut down on the alcohol? Isn't that a wish? Member of the month doesn't equal insightful information. More or less, it equals how much you pleased the admins/ most active members. You can't extrapolate the data to fit your argument.

Member of the month means that most of the members who voted actually found her posts insightful. You have the right to disagree, of course, but you don't have the right insult any member.

Tell me please, what's the insight behind over critcizing a memberof the forum? And how is it positive after we had our biggest win this season?

We score first should in theory be all good..Barca score first no doubt question be how many more..be bloody hard to score again if we go 1-1

if karma is a bigger bitch as you say then I don't see why we shouldn't progress ! :D :D

you are just the scapegoat for many of those who chose to put the flash light on Drogba instead of appreciating our defense for you have 80% possession and 600+ passes and still couldn't find the back of the net... accepted we were lucky for the woodwork helped one or twice but the fact of the matter is our boys defended really well !

Excuse me? I praised your defense and your goalie in this very thread.

The point is: too many people will criticize for winning when it was unimaginable. We will think about the second leg while you reminisce about this match.

You started it by being agressive. It doesn't matter what people write here, tonight. We are way too happy to think straight. So let people post whatever they want. No one likes a smart-ass.

Sorry if my grammar is not as perfect as you'd like. I wasn't born with the English Grammar Book in my hands.

I don't think Chelsea will play this defensively at Camp Nou. We know that a goal gets us halfway to the final.

We have a very good chance to go through in the 2nd leg because unlike arsenal/Manu/Real Madrid we can park the bus for the whole 90 minutes.

Our players is dreadful offensively, but in term of team defense we are still very strong and drogba can trouble any CB.

Can't wait for all the little bastards to start complaining how dirty our players are, how we never stopped kicking them etc. And I am looking forward to it! Come on guys, enjoy every second if this win!