New Chelsea Manager

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Pep comes in I can see Roman giving him full control. He wants to play attacking football and I'm sure he'll do anything for it, including being patient. Yes he sacked AVB very quickly, but I think he will give Pep more time as this is the man who has coached the Legendary Barcelona side, one of the greatest club sides ever, the side who plays beautiful football. I think this bodes badly for RDM. One thing is for sure though, we need to appoint our manager quickly.

Only advice I'd give Pep would be to communicate with all his players effectively.It cost AVB his job and so I hope he doesn't make the same mistake.From what I have read,Pep doesn't like players who have a wild lifestyle,so players like Cole and till an extent Terry need to be cautioned.

I am really, really against Guardiola coming here. I do not want to see as if I am demeaning his efforts at Barcelona. But the style of football he employs does not suit this team of players we need. Unless we have a complete squad overhaul, it will just be a case of Scolari all over again.

Agreed, and not to mention the time it will take to implement his style. Its something very new to the club, and cost us a lot of results in the process.

I wouldn't want the Barca style even if we had the players. pass pass pass pass pass pass pass shoot miss pass pass pass pass pass

Yeh, 75% possession...and still manage to lose the game. That would get boring, so much passing for nothing.

I'm not saying I'm against attacking, attractive football..but our team is best suited to counter attack football.

RDM the perfect man for managerial longevity.Regardless of how well Pep does here,he will leave us in maybe 3 years time for a new 'adventure'. Then the cycle of sacking managers will resume and we'll back to square one.

Roman,PLEASE STICK WITH Roberto Di Matteo!!

Guardiola had a very distinctive squad, and thats why he used that kind of football. AVB biggest mistake was: he tried to implant his style, when he did not have the right players. So, its extreme to assume IF Guardiola become our next manager, he will try to make us play like Barcelona.

He is not a fool, while AVB was a jerk.

Funny thing is: many people here are saying they dont want PG, but if he came here the same people will say he must stay, even if we are in a poor form, because he already won 2 CL, 3 La Ligas, is a proven and a young coach...