New Chelsea Manager

I dont think so. we MUST get a top 4 place next season. This season the board made a mistake, because they waited too long to sack AVB. Thats why if we lost in Munich, there wont be UCL for us next season and we will lost millions next season.

Alright you have a point, but if he wins the UCL, you must agree that he deserves another season!. And you can sod the FFP because we will already have generated a lot of revenue from winning it. Even though we gotten more from just getting to the final.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think RA trusts RdM with the transfer funds and to reshape the team with young hungry players.

It is wise actually, coming to think of it, remember Dalglish last season for Liverpool. Liverpool were utterly shit and were going to get relegated under Hodgeson, Kenny came and they started winning games 5-0 and 3-0 and won all there big games. Everyone thought Liverpool were going to be back in contention, Kenny comes and introduces his market skills, now look what happened.

I doubt RDM would be as bad but who the hell knows, yeah we've seen RDM at West Brom he was good then but we've seen Kenny at Blackburn years ago.

The next manager will have his hands tied even more than AVB did. With Drogba leaving and Lampard approaching 34 he will be practically forced to make our other set of players (anyone included in the current board's plans) work and win. It's as simple as trusting a man with a proven track record on similar jobs over anyone else*.

*Availability is extremely important. I've no doubt we'd go for someone like Mourinho or Wenger if they were available.

AVB brought players like Mata and Meirless, there is no force by the board to make a given set of players work and win. AVB job was to build a squad and lead the rebuilding of Chelsea in the vision of the club. In a recent interview in Brazil AVB mentioned that he wanted to sign Hulk and Lucas Moura. Marin was signed and he is very similar to Lucas, while Hulk is very likely to be signed also. It seems like the club still plan on the same vision they had when AVB was signed.

I can't make sense of going after Capello because he is the opposite of AVB and his brand of football. Seems like the club really wants to move away from the current style, bringing Capello would do the opposite.

AVB brought players like Mata and Meirless, there is no force by the board to make a given set of players work and win.

The club signed Mata and Meireless. AVB's input and role in our football board is unknown. The only thing we do know is that all moves are collective and therefore a mere change of a single person is not going to redefine our goal.

AVB job was to build a squad and lead the rebuilding of Chelsea in the vision of the club. In a recent interview in Brazil AVB mentioned that he wanted to sign Hulk and Lucas Moura. Marin was signed and he is very similar to Lucas, while Hulk is very likely to be signed also. It seems like the club still plan on the same vision they had when AVB was signed.

I can't make sense of going after Capello because he is the opposite of AVB and his brand of football. Seems like the club really wants to move away from the current style, bringing Capello would do the opposite.

As I said losing the 2 most influential and important players of the style we've had since Mourinho is going change the situation more than any manager could by himself. The club has been planning to replace them by mega-signings like Mata and Torres and it's only a matter of the club finding the person to create a winning team with the assembled squad and the players performing to their abilities.

Getting rid of primitive labels such as beautiful/attacking/negative/ugly football is a must if we want to make progress with such discussions. We're not journos and we can do better than them.

Kostas is right, there is no guarantee AVB signed these players. Knowing how clubs with Directors of Football installed, it is more likely that AVB simply told Emenalo the positions that he wanted reinforced and he responded with the likes of Mata.

I was really skeptical of Emenalo but I think he has demonstrated even though he's tactically inept he certainly has an eye for talent and moving forward, I trust him.

The club signed Mata and Meireless. AVB's input and role in our football board is unknown. The only thing we do know is that all moves are collective and therefore a mere change of a single person is not going to redefine our goal.

As I said losing the 2 most influential and important players of the style we've had since Mourinho is going change the situation more than any manager could by himself. The club has been planning to replace them by mega-signings like Mata and Torres and it's only a matter of the club finding the person to create a winning team with the assembled squad and the players performing to their abilities.

Getting rid of primitive labels such as beautiful/attacking/negative/ugly football is a must if we want to make progress with such discussions. We're not journos and we can do better than them.

I seriously doubt Meireless would be a Chelsea player if AVB wasn't our manager. It has AVB signing all over it, and consider his connection and history with the player. Another signing Romeu is without a doubt a AVB recommendation. We also know we were interested in Alvaro Pereira, he would be Chelsea player if it wasn't for the steep price.Evidence strongly suggest AVB had major influence on transfers.

You still suggest that the club assembles the squad and then finds a manger to make it work. If that was the case then no manager would walk into the job. Sorry i have hard time believing AVB "the hottest young manager in the world" and managing his childhood club would leave his job for this proposition.

It makes a lot more sense that AVB would have power over the signings and his philosophy aligns with the club aspirations.

I don't think AVB firing changes the course of the club, i would expect the new manager to somewhat share AVB philosophy and playing style. That is not Capello he is the opposite. lol

Capello to Chelsea is all over the papers this morning. On the eve to the CL final = typical timing for Chelsea. I read that Ruud Guillt believes that RA would prefer the Blues to lose tomorrow because he feels he will be unable to get rid of RdM should Chelsea win. I think RA will let RdM go regardless of the result which is a disgrace. A rolling 1 year contract would be perfect for Robbie. I'm not interested in 'big name managers' just good ones...

I read that Ruud Guillt believes that RA would prefer the Blues to lose tomorrow because he feels he will be unable to get rid of RdM should Chelsea win.

Couldn't believe that when I saw it. Can't image Ruud saying something like that. Can guarantee it's been taken out of context.

Couldn't believe that when I saw it. Can't image Ruud saying something like that. Can guarantee it's been taken out of context.

Yeah he confirmed on his twitter.

Ruud Gullit@GullitR

I saw the article in the sun. Gave simultaneous a interview to a lot of papers but I never said that roman wants to lose

Bloody media.

I seriously doubt Meireless would be a Chelsea player if AVB wasn't our manager. It has AVB signing all over it, and consider his connection and history with the player.

But I obviously am! Meireles left Porto for Liverpool just after AVB assumed power, I'm not sure if Raul even played a game under AVB. Either you weren't aware of that fact or we have a different understanding of how footballing relations work. The fact that Meireles did very well in a mid-table PL club and his hard-working footballing profile/style counted more for the club than his short familiarity with AVB.

Another signing Romeu is without a doubt a AVB recommendation. We also know we were interested in Alvaro Pereira, he would be Chelsea player if it wasn't for the steep price.Evidence strongly suggest AVB had major influence on transfers.

On Romeu: Again I find giving the credits for his signing to AVB rather simplistic. Scouting Barcelona's reserves is definitely something than more than a couple dozen clubs do and signing a 2nd defensive midfielder to strengthen an extremely weak and thin midfield doesn't take a genius.

Collective decisions.

You still suggest that the club assembles the squad and then finds a manger to make it work. If that was the case then no manager would walk into the job. Sorry i have hard time believing AVB "the hottest young manager in the world" and managing his childhood club would leave his job for this proposition.

The last manager who threw a tantrum over power games was Mourinho. The very prospect of being one of the highest earners in football and having a team that you could potentially turn into winners while experiencing the very highest level in club football is enough to attract the biggest names, ask Ancelotti. The myth of a manager who has absolute power is dispelled in our case and while managers will always strive for greater control and unless you are Ferguson, Mourinho or Wenger you are extremely unlikely to be given the sort of power football managers traditionally have had at the top level. It is at that point that you see that managers are seperated into those who react to failures by blaming their superiors (Benitez) and those who handle the situation with "dignity" like true diplomats (Ancelotti).

I've been looking for an excuse to post this brilliant article for 2 years. I think you should give it a read to understand the difference in our viewpoints.

It makes a lot more sense that AVB would have power over the signings and his philosophy aligns with the club aspirations.

I don't think AVB firing changes the course of the club, i would expect the new manager to somewhat share AVB philosophy and playing style. That is not Capello he is the opposite. lol

Football philosophy may sound great and beautiful in interviews and books but is too abstract in itself .

If you are referring to extreme high-pressure + possession football I would say that both AVB and the club realized that our squad was not capable of pulling that off fairly early in the season due to numerous (already documented) reasons.

Edit:

it is more likely that AVB simply told Emenalo the positions that he wanted reinforced and he responded with the likes of Mata.

I was really skeptical of Emenalo but I think he has demonstrated even though he's tactically inept he certainly has an eye for talent and moving forward, I trust him.

It is important to note that unlike the man who Emenalo supposedly succeeded (Hint:the most hated former Chelsea man in the summer) Emenalo does not hold a position in the Football Board and has little to do with out academy despite being the head of our Scouting Department. Again this change in personnel/role was another case of taking the power from a single person/role and in favor of collective decisions.

Tactical knowledge (see this) is irrelevant for Emenalo's role. On the other hand the degree of Sports Administration he holds is not.

Edited by Kostas

Put in a cheeky bet at 6/1 on Capello being the next boss after growing rumors of him being Roman's choice should we lose the final tomorrow. Don't really want him but if he's to be chosen then I'll at least make some money out of it.