New Chelsea Manager

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in some ways, i want Robbie to get the job, but to be fair lads, i don't us to turn against him and split our fans if result don't follow the boards order, im i the only who wants him to go on to Lazio? you they are in champions league too, i heard the management over the quit, his been linked with them after i cl win.

The signings made so far have been fantastic. Good to see that we arent just spending truckloads on expensive attackers. Marin and de bruyne are good additions to the squad as well. The new manager will have a balanced team to work with if we get hulk and dembele/moses now. Di matteo wouldnt have to chnge much. Just attack a bit more and reduce the long balls from defens to attack

Robbie will surely be our Manager and deserves it but the issue is will he accept a 1 yr contract? Any Manager who would like to build his team doesnt want to have just a year to build it, at least 2 maybe. IMHO

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-will-offer-roberto-di-matteo-868836

Roberto Di Matteo will be offered a one-year chance to prove himself as Chelsea manager.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is ready to reward Di Matteo’s Champions League success, after struggling to convince top target Pep Guardiola to take the job this summer.

But Abramovich, in the middle of a huge spending spree to rebuild Chelsea, is cautious about handing out a long-term deal for Di Matteo and may only give him 12 months.

Di Matteo’s existing contract - signed when he became Andre Villas-Boas’ assistant - still has two years to run and his representatives are keen for him to be given at least that long as manager.

Former Barcelona boss Guardiola is still looming large though, as he wants a 12-month sabbatical.

Di Matteo, who has also won the FA Cup in his few months at the helm, would be reluctant to take the job if it was just to keep the seat warm for Guardiola until next summer.

Chelsea have already spent big this summer on Eden Hazard and Marko Marin and are closing in on Porto forward Hulk.

Abramovich is now making it his next priority to nail down the manager.

Di Matteo appears to be winning that race and is now set for talks next week about a new contract.

I think we should have a year long rolling contract system, whoever is appointed. It is simply too costly to fire managers months or a couple of years into their long-term contract.

One thing to keep in mind is that you typically never want a good player or manager to run into the last year of his contract. It leaves a bit uncertainty to the thought of their future and their head might not be in the right place.

I know I'm going to shit for quoting uncle arry but he said it best:

"It's not a case of me looking for security. What it's about is players knowing you've only got a year left on your contract. It doesn't work.

"You don't let players get down to the final year if they're any good and you don't let managers get to their final year if they're any good.

One thing to keep in mind is that you typically never want a good player or manager to run into the last year of his contract. It leaves a bit uncertainty to the thought of their future and their head might not be in the right place.

It's different for managers and players though. For most players, it's just a job and they'll move to whoever pays most (rightly so). For managers it's an all-consuming experience. They're much more involved in the day-to-day goings on than players and hence will stick around if they believe in the representations made by club hierarchy as regards to the direction in which they want the club to head.

Hope it will be Robbie.. One year contract is maybe the best solution..

Yes, probably this is the best solution for us, but I think Robbie doesn't think this way... :S

In my opinion he thought that after he had won the CL, he'll be the permanent manager with no doubt.

I think he is disappointed now, and it's justifiable.

I think we should have a year long rolling contract system, whoever is appointed. It is simply too costly to fire managers months or a couple of years into their long-term contract.

Agree dont think we've had a manager whose fullfilled their contract for yonks