New Chelsea Manager

Just the thought of Redknapp managing us has already made me sick! :mouthclosed:

He will end up revealing his conversations with Roman in a press conference word of word.

Pick his 13 favorite players, run them to the ground, alienate and freeze out decent squad players before eventually loaning them out.

Play Lampard every game unless he is injured or suspended.

Have i forgot to mention his shite grasp of tactics? us playing Barca or Madrid under his management isn't even worth thinking about.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, unfortunately it's.. We could see it at Abramovich & Mourinho & Shevchenko's trio...

Ballack as well, he wasn't a Mourinho signing.

Mourinho's tactics in his first 2 years when he was here were the best for us imo, solid defence and a lightning quick, efficient attacking group. Yes maybe I'd prefer to see a bit of attacking flair here and there but still efficient counter attacking football is better than tika taka without scoring.

Yes, and it could be wrong, too... The manager should buy players, not the board.

Would kinda agree with that but in this case, I don't see what the problem is. The board are basically buying the type of players that whoever our next manager is would do as well and that is getting in wingers to the team, which we have lacked in recent years. The players brought in may not be exactly the manager's liking but who would be complaining if they can have Hazard, Marin & very possibly Hulk in the same team? Those are quality players that would increase squad depth and make differences in matches.

Ballack as well, he wasn't a Mourinho signing.

Mourinho's tactics in his first 2 years when he was here were the best for us imo, solid defence and a lightning quick, efficient attacking group. Yes maybe I'd prefer to see a bit of attacking flair here and there but still efficient counter attacking football is better than tika taka without scoring.

Yes, Ballack, too, and Torres, and there are more surely.

For a Chelsea supporter a point is that we win... :)

I loved Chelsea's play under Mourinho. :)

About time people got a reality check about the transfers of the club. Having said that I have no doubt that after a couple of years fans will attribute the current transfers to whoever is our manager come August in their "analyses" similar to how Grant , Hiddink and Ancelotti were attributed transfers they had little to do with.

I am a little pissed off at the way that Eddie Newton has not been recognised for the obvious work he has put in behind the scenes, I am totally positive that Robbie would not have been half as successful without him.

Back to the original question, I hope that they both stay on and are given at the very least a one year rolling contract.

92763965.jpg

It should be noted that the journos and subsequently the bookies know sweet fuck all about the inner workings of the club.

Remember what the bets were less than a week before the last time we appointed a "long-term" manager?

Di Matteo has to atleast get a 1 year rolling contract for numerous reason's.

Think of the extreme pressure a new manager will be under taking over the Champions of Europe? Rafa crumbled under that pressure at Inter and was gone by new year, whoever took over at Porto after Mourinho suffered a similar fate, if RDM goes the new guy coming in will know that unless he wins the PL and CL double at the least, then he can't top what RDM did.

What's also worth considering is Roman has searched the globe for a perfect manager who can win the CL for Chelsea, yet the man who delivers it is our assistant to AVB who was chucked in until the end of the season because Hiddink took the Anzhi job the week before. Also despite the critics in the CL, Robbie can and has got us playing good football (Tottenham, Napoli, Leicester, QPR prime examples) with Hazard, potentially Hulk and maybe more coming in he can only carry on that.

Robbie is a Chelsea boy too, what he can offer us which a lot of manager's can't is the passion of the love he has for this club and his full commitment, same with Eddie.

He also has the players on side, now remember the struggles Grant and Scolari went through after Jose's departure, a manager coming in straight after a manager that was loved by the players left, also adds to the pressure.

With everything that has gone on, im not one that likes to get superstitious in all the talking about fate, but Roman delays sacking AVB on the hope results will change, he eventually does it a week after Hiddink (who would have surely been drafted in if a free agent) got the Anzhi job, and then RDM wins us the FA Cup and Champions League, years of looking for the manager to do it, a Chelsea legend does it after getting the job by default originally, any one else got the feeling fate is trying to give Roman a nudge? ( i could be completely wrong).

Harry Redknapp 2nd favourite, you must be shitting me, i don't want him anywhere near our club. I hope Robbie gets it, he's done nothing wrong, he's done wonders with a pretty shit squad. We won the UCL with Bertrand and Kalou on the wings, he's a miracle worker.