New Chelsea Manager

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roman will be a fool to offer a 3 year+ contract to the new manager.Its time we reduce the severance packages and offer a 1 year contract.

He'll probably offer a one year contract anyway to whoever manages us next year as Roman may want Pep when he's done with his sabbatical.

First off Europa League is not a nothing competition. AVB wouldn't have gotten this job if he didn't win it, and Bielsa wouldn't have been getting all the hype he has been getting if his team didn't do extremely well in the competition.

Bolded part: Very different scenarios, because you do well at a lesser club, does not mean you will do well at a club with bigger expectations. Hodgson? even McLeish to an extent.

AVB mainly got the job because of his creative and attacking football brand. Europa is not a big competition, but the hype of AVB and Bielsa is mainly due to the fashion of their game.

I would be shocked if Capello is the next manager. Some people may think there is no sense in Roman hiring and firing but there is. He hired Carlo because he wanted to get the best out of a group of players with 2-3 years at the top of their game. Hired AVB to bring a new brand of football to Chelsea, but ultimately wasn't convinced he can do so.

I would not understand the appointment of Capello, it would be illogical.

oh and no way RDM would stay as a assistant manager, the guy would have dozens of offers.

In this order

1.Roberto Di Matteo

2. Brendan Rogers

3. Roberto Martinez

why Rogers over Martinez?

I can't understand why Rogers is rated higher then Martinez, when Martinez is more experienced and basically seted the blueprint for Rodgers at Swansea.

I would not understand the appointment of Capello, it would be illogical.

The next manager will have his hands tied even more than AVB did. With Drogba leaving and Lampard approaching 34 he will be practically forced to make our other set of players (anyone included in the current board's plans) work and win. It's as simple as trusting a man with a proven track record on similar jobs over anyone else*.

*Availability is extremely important. I've no doubt we'd go for someone like Mourinho or Wenger if they were available.

RDM is not ready for thiis job.

Who knows, we haven't seen him in the market, but he still deserves a chance mate, especially if he wins the CL, you just cannot say thanks now piss off.

Who knows, we haven't seen him in the market, but he still deserves a chance mate, especially if he wins the CL, you just cannot say thanks now piss off.

FFP regulation is coming, we have a fading squad, not time for experiments.

:rolleyes: you can't compare Drogba's 8 year stint here to RDM's revival of this club in 3 months.

Just like you can't give all the credit (or even most of it as far as I'm concerned) for our incredible CL run to the manager.

:rolleyes: you can't compare Drogba's 8 year stint here to RDM's revival of this club in 3 months.

Well, we might end up with a FA Cup and with no UCL for us next season. So I'm not sure if "RDM's revival" is enough to say he deserve a full time job next season.

Just like you can't give all the credit (or even most of it as far as I'm concerned) for our incredible CL run to the manager.

Never voiced my opinion on whether RDM should stay or go. Just think there's a difference between cutting ties with Drogba and RDM.

FFP regulation is coming, we have a fading squad, not time for experiments.

Then offer him the job for a year then, as long as we bring in the revenue, and i have been talking about this on my New Season thread of who i want to sell. So yeah as long as we bring in the revenue we will be fine for the time being. We won't shut down not now, look at United, they are pretty much doomed in debt, they have 100 percent debt. But they are still running?, and why is that?, because they can pay off there day to day debt, they have the money there, but when you do the final accounts they will probably be ending up making a billion loss lmao. But i bet they can still keep running for at least another 30 years.

Then offer him the job for a year then, as long as we bring in the revenue, and i have been talking about this on my New Season thread of who i want to sell. So yeah as long as we bring in the revenue we will be fine for the time being. We won't shut down not now, look at United, they are pretty much doomed in debt, they have 100 percent debt. But they are still running?, and why is that?, because they can pay off there day to day debt, they have the money there, but when you do the final accounts they will probably be ending up making a billion loss lmao. But i bet they can still keep running for at least another 30 years.

I dont think so. we MUST get a top 4 place next season. This season the board made a mistake, because they waited too long to sack AVB. Thats why if we lost in Munich, there wont be UCL for us next season and we will lost millions next season.