New Chelsea Manager

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't RDM still caretaker manager officially until 30th June?

Yes (as far as i know), but if he doesn't be here next season, he just buys players for the new manager. And next, the new manager can't make transfers, because he doesn't get money for it. :) I think.

What about a new manager? we will announce it after we will sign all the players? So who (manager) gave his permission to sign this players?

i'm not so sure the manager "gives permission". i think the manager's opinion is irrelevant in chelsea's case.

i'm not so sure the manager "gives permission". i think the manager's opinion is irrelevant in chelsea's case.

Yes, unfortunately it's.. We could see it at Abramovich & Mourinho & Shevchenko's trio...

Should full control be aloud at every club anyway for managers?

Fergie and Wenger yes because they have been at their clubs for a long time and despite the odd flop have proved themself's in the market.

Jose got full control when he first came here, it was only after signing numerous flops in near enough one go the board and Roman intervened and took full power away from him.

Plus if you were an owner and just brought a club with Kenny Dalglish or Rafa Benitez in charge, with their track record's would you happily say here you are Rafa/Kenny here is £150m bring in who you like?

I don't buy this manager's should get total control over transfers, maybe when they have been at the club a while and proved they are good yes but if AVB had full control i highly doubt Lukaku, Courtios, Cahill and De Bruyne will be on our books right now.

I don't say that the manager has to buy players alone, because the money isn't his own. It belongs to the club.

But the manager has to have say in these kind of cases. Because he'll manage the team, and he sees which player need or don't need for "his" team.

I don't say that the manager has to buy players alone, because the money isn't his own. It belongs to the club.

But the manager has to have say in these kind of cases. Because he'll manage the team, and he sees which player need or don't need for "his" team.

There could be a deal agreed in principal, that was clearly the case in 2008 when Jose Bosingwa was announced when Avram Grant was still incharge, Scolari blatantly had some say in that.

I think that it's Between RDM,Pep,Capello,Redknapp.

But I still Hope Robbie will Stay.

Yes, I agree with you.

I don't like neither Redknapp or Capello and their football-style.

And I think Pep couldn't play his game in our team, that he did it in Barcelona, so I'm happy, too, if Robbie stays. :)