New Chelsea Manager

Yeah so if experienced, top class managers even struggled to handle it, then how the hell will Martinez and Rodgers do?

Who do we hire, don't know, but if RDM doesn't get the job they are better candidates like Capello, Hiddink and Loew.

Thats not so say that just because experienced top class managers couldn't do it, younger managers starting there careers won't.

In your philosphy, We shouldn't give the job to anyone who hasn't managed a top European club before.

Loew? Hasn't managed a club team in over 8 years and that was Austrian Wien, hardly Chelsea.

The managers I named are good young managers, play good football and have done well at smaller clubs. They've earned a chance at a big club like Chelsea.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not so say that just because experienced top class managers couldn't do it, younger managers starting there careers won't.

In your philosphy, We shouldn't give the job to anyone who hasn't managed a top European club before.

Loew? Hasn't managed a club team in over 8 years and that was Austrian Wien, hardly Chelsea.

The managers I named are good young managers, play good football and have done well at smaller clubs. They've earned a chance at a big club like Chelsea.

Yes but you see the risk in hiring them dont you? few bad results and the media will be all over them while if it is capello or rdm, they will be under lesser pressure

Yes, basically. Just can't pick up a manager from a mid-table or relegation side and expect them to get us challenging for the biggest honours.

They've earned a chance at a big club like Chelsea.

I don't agree. I'd like to see them at least even have a good run in the Europa League, before saying they are ready for Chelsea.

Yes but you see the risk in hiring them dont you? few bad results and the media will be all over them while if it is capello or rdm, they will be under lesser pressure

Yes, but sometimes you have to take risks to be succesful

Van gaal or hiddink if you intend on keeping the squad similar for next season, I believe there are to many big personalities to manage for a younger guy, di matteo is fortunate that he was at the club when terry was coming through and lampard was brought in, as such JT and lampard probably looked upto him when younger so they have respect ingrained for him already and this will spread amongst the other players, AVB got the opposite treatment the older lot seemingly didn't like what was happening/what he was trying to implement and didn't perform for him.

If however we are to let a couple of big names go I wouldn't be against someone like deschamps coming in.

All the above applies if robbie doesn't get the job, as he is my 1st choice.

Yes, basically. Just can't pick up a manager from a mid-table or relegation side and expect them to get us challenging for the biggest honours.

I don't agree. I'd like to see them at least even have a good run in the Europa League, before saying they are ready for Chelsea.

So you can't sign a player from a midtabe or relegation threatend side either? If the resources aren't there and they stil manage they team well, surely thats harder then managing a team with big funds. Europa League? Thats a nothing competition.

So you can't sign a player from a midtabe or relegation threatend side either? If the resources aren't there and they stil manage they team well, surely thats harder then managing a team with big funds. Europa League? Thats a nothing competition.

First off Europa League is not a nothing competition. AVB wouldn't have gotten this job if he didn't win it, and Bielsa wouldn't have been getting all the hype he has been getting if his team didn't do extremely well in the competition.

Bolded part: Very different scenarios, because you do well at a lesser club, does not mean you will do well at a club with bigger expectations. Hodgson? even McLeish to an extent.

First off Europa League is not a nothing competition. AVB wouldn't have gotten this job if he didn't win it, and Bielsa wouldn't have been getting all the hype he has been getting if his team didn't do extremely well in the competition.

Bolded part: Very different scenarios, because you do well at a lesser club, does not mean you will do well at a club with bigger expectations. Hodgson? even McLeish to an extent.

Yes he would have, AVB also went through the Portugese league unbeaten, and won the cup.

Ok, and If you do well at one top level club, doesn't mean you do well at another one. Every great manager has to start somewhere.

Yes he would have, AVB also went through the Portugese league unbeaten, and won the cup.

Ok, and If you do well at one top level club, doesn't mean you do well at another one. Every great manager has to start somewhere.

Portuguese League and Portuguese cup would not have been enough to consider him imo. He needed something in Europe too, and his team were absolutely brilliant in the EL last season.

And you're right, but it's a much lesser risk getting someone who has done well at a top level club ;)

Didnt Capello have a huge fallout with the senior players at RM?! Raul, RVN and Beckham managed the team with Capello being a nominal manager, didn't they? So, are we sure he can manage our dressing room?

And I somehow feel we should let go of RDM. I fear that we'll lose the respect we have towards him, if he ends up with some unfavourable results in the next season. I don't want that to happen to RDM after all he has done for us.

To be fair to Robbie Di Matteo if he were to win the champions league along side the already won fa cup would he have it in the back of his mind to leave whilst on a high? legend as a player (a term used to loosely for my liking, but valid in this instance) and then make him self a legend as manager cementing his place in our history forever alongside our other former greats like mourinho, wise, tambling, osgood, chopper harris, bonetti etc, would be a legacy few could measure upto.

Didnt Capello have a huge fallout with the senior players at RM?! Raul, RVN and Beckham managed the team with Capello being a nominal manager, didn't they? So, are we sure he can manage our dressing room?

And I somehow feel we should let go of RDM. I fear that we'll lose the respect we have towards him, if he ends up with some unfavourable results in the next season. I don't want that to happen to RDM after all he has done for us.

Yeah same! Felt the same when people were saying about Zola coming at some point.If result go back then no doubt start getting the complete shite treatment and doesnt deserve that and nor does Matteo.Or anyone really come to that...