Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Play him alongside Matic against Arsenal. He will give the defensive quality Fabregas can't provide and the attacking quality Mikel/Ramires can't. We have too many players who can do this but can't do that. Ruben is built to do everything. He is only 19.

He is the jewel of our club.

I'm going to be happy to see RLC make more starts. Will be very happy seeing him get time to settle into the CM as a starter. Desperately needed at this club along with better fullback play.

Would also be great to see Traore on the pitch with his excellent finishing ability and LEFT FOOT on the RW.

i'd say this was his first good game for us and i'd also say he'll likely never play against such weak opposition again, unless he goes back to playing U21 football. i feel like this is hyping Torres after scoring vs. Wolverhampton or someone.

i'd say this was his first good game for us and i'd also say he'll likely never play against such weak opposition again, unless he goes back to playing U21 football. i feel like this is hyping Torres after scoring vs. Wolverhampton or someone.

It was his first start in the Champions League and he was the standout player in a team in turmoil. He could have disappeared, but he gave it his all. The guy doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with Torres, what the fuck. I feel this game was a big step in his development, because he took charge and wasn't afraid. You can only do your best against the opposition thrown at you and he did that.

I agree, this is also the first time I feel that there is a chance for an academy player to break through. First I had it with McEachran, but the hype didn't last long. I can see characteristics in Ruben to suggest he has what it takes to make it, Josh got lost in fame and money.

Play him alongside Matic against Arsenal. He will give the defensive quality Fabregas can't provide and the attacking quality Mikel/Ramires can't. We have too many players who can do this but can't do that. Ruben is built to do everything. He is only 19.

He is the jewel of our club.

He could be the technical box to box midfielder we've been looking for in big games. If he has long range shooting he'll hit jackpot

Looked knackered 10 minutes before he came off, hopefully he can recover by Saturday to put a shift in, feel as though Matic-RLC is our best chance against Arsenal. If I see Matic and Fabregas lining up or Ramires together, switching the TV off.

It was his first start in the Champions League and he was the standout player in a team in turmoil. He could have disappeared, but he gave it his all. The guy doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with Torres, what the fuck. I feel this game was a big step in his development, because he took charge and wasn't afraid. You can only do your best against the opposition thrown at you and he did that.

I agree, this is also the first time I feel that there is a chance for an academy player to break through. First I had it with McEachran, but the hype didn't last long. I can see characteristics in Ruben to suggest he has what it takes to make it, Josh got lost in fame and money.

Just imagine if RLC had McEachran's passing game and his vision!

Epic!

It's time to integrate him in one of big, important games.

Best option is to play him alongside Matić. But, what with others then? Ok, Pedro and Willian are out. I think it's worth trying to put Oscar on wing. He is not winger, but neither is Willian - not natural winger I mean, and he still played there. I would try with: Hazard - Fabregas - Oscar // Matić - RLC

Here is for sure problem - lack of width. BUT, if we play Baba and Azpi, that width will be provided.

Would kill to see this.

It's time to integrate him in one of big, important games.

Best option is to play him alongside Matić. But, what with others then? Ok, Pedro and Willian are out. I think it's worth trying to put Oscar on wing. He is not winger, but neither is Willian - not natural winger I mean, and he still played there. I would try with: Hazard - Fabregas - Oscar // Matić - RLC

Here is for sure problem - lack of width. BUT, if we play Baba and Azpi, that width will be provided.

Would kill to see this.

This!

And I guess Hazard could play on the right wing with Azpi and Oscar on the left with Baba providing that extra width.

He is in contention to play tomorrow according to Jose. Gave him a headache !

But Pedro is too which means if Pedro plays and Oscar plays and Matic plays and Cesc plays (?) then there's no space for RLC if Pedro is fit.

I sadly couldn't see the game, but I feel happy to read he did a great performance. I really hope that Mou give him the chance against Arsenal.

As I say many times, I prefer give the chance to the kid, before to try again with a failed formula. And, if really seems that the guy can justify that confidence, even better!.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is ready to conquer the world.....

If he plays in the following month in our starting eleven against Arsenal, Walsall, Newcastle, Porto, Southampton and Aston Villa in a month maybe some report may be talking about an interest from Real Madrid or Barcelona to sign him (but we are not going to sell him to them, obviously :D :D ).

If Jose gives him that trust (to play 6 or 7 consecutive matches in our starting eleven) RLC can be one of the best young midfielders in the world in a month. Even better than Pogba, but with less marketing and without a stupid agent.

To me he is tactically and physically prepared to be our main midfielder, and also in maturity. RLC is the guy.

RLC must play tomorrow against Arsenal. Ruben Loftus-Cheek is ready to conquer the world.

The only part of the linked report I read was this, "Tall midfielder needs to work on his fitness and his positional awareness." Absolutely correct.

Wednesday night was Ruben's best first team outing to date and, as such, was encouraging to those of us who like him but there was still much to query in the performance. Specifically there were times when he simply did not work hard enough to make himself available to receive the ball; times when his teammates had no angle to get the ball to him but he did nothing about it. This is an aspect of his play I've been unhappy with for a long time. I hope Ruben will listen to Jose, who is telling him the truth, and not to the journalists and broadcasters who are always ready to get carried away at the merest hint of a half-decent performance.

Ruben did well enough in midweek to merit consideration for a place against Arsenal but no more than that. Keep working Ruben, I believe in you but there is a lot of work still to be done before you've cracked it.