Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Come on guys, watch the video of Ruben Loftus-Cheek against USA U23. This guy is a scandalously perfect player. Please, this guy must be in our starting eleven since now. PLEASE! We do not have a better choice for our midfield.

Please watch the video... (Jose, you too)

Agree, must watch. His passing is insane, he improved a lot. He is ready.

EDIT: More I look at his abilities, more I think he is JUST the kind of player we need. He is fast, good in defense, solid in attack, good passer, tall and strong enough. He is worth of every risk, coach. Give him chance and freedom. Matić - RLC - Oscar/Fabregas in 4-3-3 would be a killer combination.

Agree, must watch. His passing is insane, he improved a lot. He is ready.

EDIT: More I look at his abilities, more I think he is JUST the kind of player we need. He is fast, good in defense, solid in attack, good passer, tall and strong enough. He is worth of every risk, coach. Give him chance and freedom. Matić - RLC - Oscar/Fabregas in 4-3-3 would be a killer combination.

I don't think that Ruben's talent was ever in doubt. It's always been mainly a question of hustle with him. After Kennedy's first appearance in the summer my first thought was that I hoped Ruben was watching. (Which he was of course, but you know what I mean.) Jose took it easy on RLC when he laid into him in Australia. The young man needs to to be more involved in games, to be an influence. Yes this applies when we don't have possession but it applies just as much when we do.

For me, Ruben still drifts through some games so it was music to my ears when Jose said he'd be staying here to benefit from more time under TSO's tutelage. There's a dark side to that statement mind, a side that can best be summed up with a question; what have the academy coaches been doing? Two and a half years ago I said Ruben needed a kick up the backside or he'd fail. That may have been administered privately of course but, if it was, it certainly didn't work or else there'd have been no need for Jose to repeat it. I've been a staunch defender of the Academy but I won't defend them on this.

RLC is playing against Norways U21 and he is playing the no.10 role.He doesn´t get that many passes from his team members because Englands wingers are far to selfish(Redmond and Ibe),but he does the best when he receives the ball.He knows when to pass and where to pass.Also,he knows when to dribble and when not to dribble.He seems to be on another level,but let´s see what Mou thinks about him.

That is what the Dailymail says about his performance.The match is still going on.Half time

Whether it is a new look team, the pitch or a combination of the two, England are below par. Ruben Loftus-Cheek is catching the eye but others are struggling to get into the game.

Subbed on 50 minutes. A couple of good involvements in the second half but nothing decisive.

He just needs more games - it's as simple as that for me - other players in the same squad are getting chances in their teams, yet he is not. Must be massively frustrating.

I hope he gets a run of games and I can see him being a great player for us - along with some of his mates in the reserves.

Fergie did it - now it's Mou's turn!

I don't think that Ruben's talent was ever in doubt. It's always been mainly a question of hustle with him. After Kennedy's first appearance in the summer my first thought was that I hoped Ruben was watching. (Which he was of course, but you know what I mean.) Jose took it easy on RLC when he laid into him in Australia. The young man needs to to be more involved in games, to be an influence. Yes this applies when we don't have possession but it is applies just as much when we do.

For me, Ruben still drifts through some games so it was music to my ears when Jose said he'd be staying here to benefit from more time under TSO's tutelage. There's a dark side to that statement mind, a side that can best be summed up with a question; what have the academy coaches been doing? Two and a half years ago I said Ruben needed a kick up the backside or he'd fail. That may have been administered privately of course but, if it was, it certainly didn't work or else there'd have been no need for Jose to repeat it. I've been a staunch defender of the Academy but I won't defend them on this.

I hear ya.

I think it would have benefited him more tho to be out on loan. Hes still looking clumsy and slow alot of the time to me and only regular playing time and fighting for a starting spot will sharpen him up. Hes got all the signs of being good but he needs to be taken under control.