Andreas Christensen

Wilson

On 05/03/2021 at 13:31, MoroccanBlue said:

Let's not get too overboard. We saw the same thing under Conte. 

Dave, Rudiger, Christensen, and Alonso have probably benefited the most in this change of system. Play those same defenders in a back 4, they will go from looking like Ferrari's to Ford KA's

Christensen lost the plot post Barca in a back three, i imagine the confidence blow combined with Conte's behaviour at that point was a pretty heavy thing for a 20 year old to deal with.

Under Sarri he had that shocker vs Liverpool where he was took off for his own good but after that largely did ok when called upon (always in a back 4) and was fantastic in Baku.

Last season he was shit but Kepa and Willy tax needs to be factored here, even Thiago looked nervous playing with the latter. 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Happy anniversary! 

Today is exactly 4 years since his last goal for any club. 

That may be true, however if he continues to play like he is currently there is no need to for him to score goals. That is the job of the WB's, CM's, AM's and CF's. 

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

That may be true, however if he continues to play like he is currently there is no need to for him to score goals. That is the job of the WB's, CM's, AM's and CF's. 

But wouldn't it be nice if our central defenders can score!? Only Silva and Zouma have done so this season. Rudiger and Christensen haven't done it. It's always good if the CBs can score the goal or two. We used to have plenty of those with Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Carvalho etc.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

But wouldn't it be nice if our central defenders can score!? Only Silva and Zouma have done so this season. Rudiger and Christensen haven't done it. It's always good if the CBs can score the goal or two. We used to have plenty of those with Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Carvalho etc.

It is nice to have but if your CB's and GK are contributing 2 goals conceded in 11/12 games or whatever and one was an own goal. I am happy for them not to score and keep that sort of record going.

Of course, goals are handy but I want my CB's to defend. If they do that to a high level, getting the odd goal is way down my priority list. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Been nominated for player of month in Premier League. Who would have thought?

Well, I for one always maintained that he was our best (non-Silva) CB from a technical and tactical standpoint.

The problem with him was always mentality, which I will admit I did worry he wouldn't be able to sort at times. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There was one moment at 1-0 where it looked like bale running at full pace had broken away but AC caught up with him, stayed calm and pushed him so wide his cross ended up nowhere. Really impressed me remaining so calm at neck breaking pace and having the awareness to allow the vain cross instead of risking a block or tackle. 
After the cl final I really think he has turned a corner. I was a bit nervous when he came in given his history of nerve issues but he kept Thiagos level all night and has not put a foot wrong since . 

Andreas Christensen has not only come of age, he's turned into a different kind of beast

The Great Dane could help Chelsea in a number of positions moving forward

https://siphillipstalkschelsea.substack.com/p/comment-andreas-christensen-has-not

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc1ae4b07-7c5b-44fe-aa01-9c83ed60d36d_1200x630.jpeg

Looking at the face of Andreas Christensen when he thundered in a long range shot for Denmark last week as they thrashed Russia, I saw a different look in the eye of the Great Dane.

The ‘Danish Maldini’ as he has rightfully earned the tag of, had the look of a beast in his eye, a different kind of beast.

Gone are the days when Christensen needed to run to the toilet before a match as a result of bad nerves, gone are the days of him being pushed off the ball too easily, gone are the days of him looking like a rabbit in headlights.

This rabbit has turned into a lion, and he roars on the regular whenever he is on the pitch now.

Christensen went on the help Denmark thrash Wales after thrashing Russia playing as a centre midfielder, and now he is looking to go all the way with his nation, and who is to argue with him in the form he is in?

He has grown physically as he comes of age, and he has turned from a boy to a man, and finally showing the full potential that so many believed him to have.

He was touted as the next John Terry by many in the academy when he was coming through the ranks, and he is finally showing us why.

Christensen now plays with confidence, swagger, style, and full of quality. His form since January has been immense, and he may well help solve a couple of positions that Chelsea might need filling this summer.

The way he is playing as a defensive midfielder for Denmark right now could even put him as an option to replace Billy Gilmour at Chelsea, who looks set to join Norwich City on loan.

He could play primarily as a centre back, but fill in to midfield as well, as he has shown his qualities there as well.

Chelsea are looking to tie him up to a new contract as soon as he is back from the Euros, and this will be as bigger move as any new signing in his positions that’s for sure.

Simon Phillips