Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the HG we will be without really. Cant see us getting too much for him. More likely a loan with us paying his wages!

Gary Cahill’s time at Chelsea appears to have reached it’s end after Marina Granovskaia meets suitors

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2018/08/gary-cahills-time-chelsea-appears-reached-end-marina-granovskaia-meets-suitors/

• 3 weeks later...

Gary Cahill says he may have to quit Chelsea in January because he is finding the lack of playing time "very difficult".

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11504455/gary-cahill-says-he-may-quit-chelsea-in-janaury-due-to-lack-of-game-time

20 hours ago, the wes said:

Gary Cahill says he may have to quit Chelsea in January because he is finding the lack of playing time "very difficult".

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11504455/gary-cahill-says-he-may-quit-chelsea-in-janaury-due-to-lack-of-game-time

Fair enough that he wants to play week in week out but he seems pretty quick to make noise about wanting to leave when not selected to play. 

33 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Won't lose sleep over him going, he's been here 2 seasons too long.

Thats harsh, he was faultless when we last won the title and he was also brilliant at the end of last season when Christensen struggled with his form. 

4 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

Thats harsh, he was faultless when we last won the title and he was also brilliant at the end of last season when Christensen struggled with his form. 

Brilliant last year? Cahill? Lolol 

I must have tuned into Bizzaro World EPL then. Up is down, down is up.

TIM Cahill, at almost 39, has twice the pace.

If you had Gary C and Alonso caught on same side in a defensive transition situ, my mum could probably turn the corner on them via an overlap run.

1 hour ago, NiclasCFC said:

i will always be grateful for everything he did for the club, consumate professional, helped the club win many major honours since he joined in January 2012, that season he played a huge part in us winning the Champions League, that night in Munich is a testament to that, playing in a makeshift defence that night, after overcoming injury he sustained in the semis against Barca in the 2nd leg at the Camp Nou and along with the rest of the lads dealt with everything Bayern threw at us admirably and in the Europa League final the following season Cahill made a match winning tackle after Ivanovic's header to avoid extra time. His commitment to Chelsea's cause was never in question, always gave is all for the club and despite some of his frailties always showed heart and desire and did his job defensively, scored many vital goals along the way, but unfortunately now is playing time here is much reduced and he should look for another challenge if he wishes to continue playing. Wherever he ends up going i wish him all the best, once a blue always a blue, KTBFFH Cahill ;)

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Brilliant last year? Cahill? Lolol 

I must have tuned into Bizzaro World EPL then. Up is down, down is up.

TIM Cahill, at almost 39, has twice the pace.

If you had Gary C and Alonso caught on same side in a defensive transition situ, my mum could probably turn the corner on them via an overlap run.

Last year he stood up well at the back end of the last season when AC lost the plot and helped us to a solid end to the season  (too late for top 4 but still) and helped us win the FA Cup. Im far from a Cahill fan boy, infact if i had it my way he would have never been more than a squad player, but he did well last year after winning his place back.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Last year he stood up well at the back end of the last season when AC lost the plot and helped us to a solid end to the season  (too late for top 4 but still) and helped us win the FA Cup. Im far from a Cahill fan boy, infact if i had it my way he would have never been more than a squad player, but he did well last year after winning his place back.

I think saying AC 'lost the plot' is an overstatement. He had a few weak moments, but hardly collapsed. All, ALL young CB's (yes even Nesta and Beckenbauer, lol) have some rough early games. its a natural part of the learning curve. Christensen has world class potential and is more than ready to be a main starter for us atm. Same for Ampadu in a year or 2 (although what position for amps is actually up in the air a wee bit, as I think he can someday bee an amazing MF'er too)..

Just now, Vesper said:

I think saying AC 'lost the plot' is an overstatement. He had a few weak moments, but hardly collapsed. All, ALL young CB's (yes even Nesta and Beckenbauer, lol) have some rough early games. its a natural part of the learning curve. Christensen has world class potential and is more than ready to be a main starter for us atm. Same for Ampadu in a year or 2 (although what position for amps is actually up in the air a wee bit, as I think he can someday bee an amazing MF'er too)..

Im a massive fan of AC but that Barca goal clearly affected him, he was second guessing himself all the time and our defense went from being much more solid with him in it to even more shaky with him in it, i hope and think he will mentally recover but it affected him badly no question.

Just now, Tomo said:

Im a massive fan of AC but that Barca goal clearly affected him, he was second guessing himself all the time and our defense went from being much more solid with him in it to even more shaky with him in it, i hope and think he will mentally recover but it affected him badly no question.

I knew that one was the driving thing. I was bloody pissed too, but I have a lot of patience IF I do not see the same types of errors being made over and over and over (hello! Luiz!, lol)

My favourite Luiz pics

0439538LUIS780x390.jpg

Diego-Costa-et-David-Luiz1.jpg

spt_ai_chelsea_psg_31_mediagallery-page.david-luiz-repond-a-diego-costa_149977.j

Diego-Costa-David-Luiz-543811.jpg

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I knew that one was the driving thing. I was bloody pissed too, but I have a lot of patience IF I do not see the same types of errors being made over and over and over (hello! Luiz!, lol)

My favourite Luiz pics

0439538LUIS780x390.jpg

Diego-Costa-et-David-Luiz1.jpg

spt_ai_chelsea_psg_31_mediagallery-page.david-luiz-repond-a-diego-costa_149977.j

Diego-Costa-David-Luiz-543811.jpg

Remember Luiz celebrate like a maniac in that game 😟😟😟