Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so today was cahill's fault??? ohh he must have pulled cech 6 yards out of position and made etoo lose balls in great positions which made stoke counter.

no but he see's fit to back off 50 yards for ireland to score.

TBH I like Ivanovic as a CB more then Cahill,By continuously playing Brana as a RB we are missing out on a very good CB imo not to mention allowing Brana games at CB would also free Azpi to play on his favoured side.Last year Luiz-Brana was a very reliable partnership for us.

so today was cahill's fault??? ohh he must have pulled cech 6 yards out of position and made etoo lose balls in great positions which made stoke counter.

They are not mutually exclusive: Cech made a big mistake while Cahill could/should have done better.

Let's not make a point that our defense and defenders have been good after conceding 6 goals against bottom feeders...

Had a really bad game, even when we were in complete control in the first half he made several dangerous mistakes. And his passing was way off from the start. Would like to see Iva or even Kalas against Steaua in his place in mid week since Luiz is still out.

very true. he should have gone onto block ireland's shot with crouch running behind him and iva playing him on. also somehow mikel and azpi's positioning does not get into the picture at all but GC's mistake is the sole reason.

Ireland wasn't Cahill's man.

Terry went to Walters who had fouled Azpi out of the game.

Terry assigned Ireland to Mikel, but Mikel couldn't get back to him.

Ivanovic was too far up the right side of the pitch.

Cahill was left to mark Crouch.

GC could have done better for the 1st goal but so could have so many other players.

and that is not the main point. azpilicueta had a horrendous match. he literally got owned by walters (walters for fuck sake). but no one, NOT A SINGLE PERSON has even made post/comment/quote on his thread.

and now look at GC's thread, he is the new scape-goat, specially for all the luiz-fans and that troll henrique, who inspite of what might happen on the match find a way to blame GC.

and that is what bothers me. GC had a bad match but he was as bad as JT/iva and better than azpi. if u want to pin-point mistakes and single out one fellow for the defeat and 3 goals that we have conceded, then do it at the team, not just GC.

Our defense has been horrible for a very long time now; ignore it all u want but the number of goals conceded is very telling.

So it's ok for u and others to pinpoint luiz's mistakes but others can't pinpoint Garry's mistakes And deficiencies because other players were equaly as bad?! Spare me please.

I don't think he was horrible as to me Garry is always consistently average-decent but our ball possession has also been pretty bad of late and both defenders inability to pass the ball is hurting the team. That's why I dislike the pairing of similar players-always have.

Let me just make my point clearer without bias: Luiz is the best defender when in possession that I've ever seen play the game. Say however, that for one reason or another Chelsea/Jose style doesn't work for Luiz, and we sold him and bought Phil Jones from United (won't happen I know). That's a pairing that would've worked because he's a ball playing CB; he could pair either GC or JT and we'd have complementary attributes in them.

BTW, it might be because Azpi has been playing on the left of late, where he clearly struggles - that's on Mourinho I guess.

Cahill cost 6 million for a reason. He's a disaster of a centre half.

the only reason he was even considered for chelsea is the fact he is english. no other attribute he has makes him an ideal choice for a club with our targets.

we need to buy players like shaw and barkely or promote one of our own or we will be buying more mediocre english players just to boost the english contingent when the old guys leave.

Why the hell do so many Chelsea supporters dislike Gary Cahill? No way was he to blame for our defeat at Stoke yesterday. The guy always give 100% for the team. It's very easy to look through rose tinted glasses and wish that David Luiz was playing and that he never makes any mistakes, but for me Cahill now has that position and I will back him all the way. Luiz is not exempt from making mistakes, and boy he has made some howlers. dont get me wrong, I like Luiz too, but every time Chelsea lose Cahill seems to be made the scapegoat. And yesterday against Stoke that is totally unfair. Aspi was "owned" by Walters, Ivanovich thinks he's a winger and plays far too high. I wouldn't mind if he could cross a decent ball, but I seen Sunday league players cross better and more consistently than him, so stick to fucking defending. Mikel I'm afraid doesn't cut it as a defensive midfielder for me (after Makelele no one is worthy of that role) and Ramires is an attacking midfielder. And please stop trying to shoe-horn Frank Lampard into def midfielder, its not working.

Play Aspi on the right, Cole or Bertrand on the left. I'd like to see Luiz in Def Midfielder position perhaps beside Ramires. They could alternate in attacking when the chance arises. Then in defence let Cahill, Terry and Ivanovich fight it out for the centre back slots.If we can get a holding midfielder in the transfer window then let Luiz fight for a spot there too. After all, John Terry is now 33 !!

But then, I've only supported them for 43 years, so what the fuck would I know :rant:

Why the hell do so many Chelsea supporters dislike Gary Cahill? No way was he to blame for our defeat at Stoke yesterday. The guy always give 100% for the team. It's very easy to look through rose tinted glasses and wish that David Luiz was playing and that he never makes any mistakes, but for me Cahill now has that position and I will back him all the way. Luiz is not exempt from making mistakes, and boy he has made some howlers. dont get me wrong, I like Luiz too, but every time Chelsea lose Cahill seems to be made the scapegoat. And yesterday against Stoke that is totally unfair. Aspi was "owned" by Walters, Ivanovich thinks he's a winger and plays far too high. I wouldn't mind if he could cross a decent ball, but I seen Sunday league players cross better and more consistently than him, so stick to fucking defending. Mikel I'm afraid doesn't cut it as a defensive midfielder for me (after Makelele no one is worthy of that role) and Ramires is an attacking midfielder. And please stop trying to shoe-horn Frank Lampard into def midfielder, its not working.

Play Aspi on the right, Cole or Bertrand on the left. I'd like to see Luiz in Def Midfielder position perhaps beside Ramires. They could alternate in attacking when the chance arises. Then in defence let Cahill, Terry and Ivanovich fight it out for the centre back slots.If we can get a holding midfielder in the transfer window then let Luiz fight for a spot there too. After all, John Terry is now 33 !!

But then, I've only supported them for 43 years, so what the fuck would I know :rant:

Ryan Shawcross always give 100% too. A number of other mid-table defenders give 100% in every match, so should we sign them too? Really can't understand this point some make here.

We need players who give 100% like every player should, but who also have talent to play at the highest level, and can cope against the best of the best. I merely don't see Gary in that category and obviously the transfer market doesn't see him as such player either since there is no interest on him.

Luiz must leave to kickstart his career. I honestly think he should ask for a transfer come Jan. So, with Luiz out of the picture, I say our defense will be lacking with very similar player who can only kick the ball upfield.

Ryan Shawcross always give 100% too. A number of other mid-table defenders give 100% in every match, so should we sign them too? Really can't understand this point some make here.

We need players who give 100% like every player should, but who also have talent to play at the highest level, and can cope against the best of the best. I merely don't see Gary in that category and obviously the transfer market doesn't see him as such player either since there is no interest on him.

Luiz must leave to kickstart his career. I honestly think he should ask for a transfer come Jan. So, with Luiz out of the picture, I say our defense will be lacking with very similar player who can only kick the ball upfield.

Why should Luiz leave ?? Because he cant get his place ? Fight for the place if he wants it that much.Let him prove that he deserves the position and take it off Cahill. I'm surprised that you think he should leave!! I thought that was the reason for having a big squad. To make players more competitive and not allow the player who has the position to become complacent !! Are you by any chance Luiz's agent?? :D