Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea defender Gary Cahill left disappointed by late defeat at Stoke

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-defender-gary-cahill-left-2908368

Oh yes Cahill, we have definitely kept a lot of clean sheets this season. 9 shut outs in 23 games is certainly a lot...

Oh yes Cahill, we have definitely kept a lot of clean sheets this season. 9 shut outs in 23 games is certainly a lot...

It's a lot by his standards obviously. 9 out of 23 was an absolute utopia at Bolton - which is still just about his level really.

It's a lot by his standards obviously. 9 out of 23 was an absolute utopia at Bolton - which is still just about his level really.

it's the second interview for the official site in a row that he annoys me with his lack of ambition and being conformed with things that are UNACCEPTABLE in a club of Chelsea's caliber given the investment we have. Small club player can leave the small club, but the small club mentality sometimes doesn't leave the player. I'm not sure if Gary doesn't fit the description. We need our players to have ambition!

In the previous interview in the website he said he 'didn't worry too much about our away form'. I think he said it meaning that we were good and as much shouldn't be worried, now he says we've had a lot of CS when it were 4 in 15 rounds in EPL. If you don't consider the League Cup matches, we had 21 matches in EPL, UCL and against Bayern and we were able to keep a CS in 7 of those. 33% is awfully low for a team like Chelsea... if he thinks that great, well, maybe for him it is. I consider it terrible - and I'm not blaming it on him, but I don't like this kind of conformism about something that clearly needs improvement.

Like it or not, gonna stay here for the next 5 years at least. He is not great but not terrible either, kind of like Kalou- type in defence but a bit better quality.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, Mourinho is desperate to bring in a centre half in January. We've got two talents who are getting close to first team football at CB, and there's talks of us signing a top top class CB in the summer. Mourinho wasted no time in benching him for Luiz before that mistake, everything suggests he doesn't fancy him here.

My guess is that he'll be gone in June. And be sure he'll be back at a midtable club where his talent belongs.

The Cahill type of player is good for the squad, he is homegrown, doesn't have a big ego, won't complain when on the bench and happy to sit around and fill in when needed.

When you start playing squad player's every game, that is when it will start to show on the pitch, just like it has done.

I would love to see a backline consisting of:

Azpi - Ivan - JT - Bertrand just for one game.

I would love to see a backline consisting of:

Azpi - Ivan - JT - Bertrand just for one game.

That would be my two CB choices if Luiz isn't fancied and Mourinho retains his antiquated deep back 4 approach. I'd sooner play Kalas or Omeruo than Cahill.

There should be no place for mediocrity at this club.

Match facts:

Cahill failed to make a tackled over 90 minutes against Stoke.

That's no surprise really, how can one tackle whilst running backwards & ball watching?

According to whoscored he made one.

John Terry also made one, but no interceptions to Gary Cahill's one.

John Obi Mikel also made just one (obviously wasn't on Steven Ireland).

Ivanovic made no tackles.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/720297/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014-Stoke-Chelsea

Match facts:

Cahill failed to make a tackled over 90 minutes against Stoke.

That's no surprise really, how can one tackle whilst running backwards & ball watching?

According to whoscored he made one.

John Terry also made one, but no interceptions to Gary Cahill's one.

John Obi Mikel also made just one (obviously wasn't on Steven Ireland).

Ivanovic made no tackles.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/720297/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014-Stoke-Chelsea

Because being wrong by 1 makes whole lot of difference.

I was actually putting his performance into context. Your problem is that you don't seem to have a clue what you're upset about. You moan about the same shit all the time and the amazing thing is that even with such a small number of subjects that you actually post about (Lampard is shit, Cahill is shit, Lampard is shit, Cahill is shit) you still manage to get your 'facts' wrong.

You are the Tancredo Palmeri of this forum....except you're not even as accurate as him.

No, Lampard is past it - and should never be fielded as a DM/CM - and Cahill never had it. It's as simple as that. Frank should be playing 20 minute cameos behind the striker in a 4-3-3 and not 3 fucking games a week whilst Gary should, and no doubt will, be shipped out in the summer.

My points may be harsh, but they are nonetheless true.

No, Lampard is past it - and should never be fielded as a DM/CM - and Cahill never had it. It's as simple as that. Frank should be playing 20 minute cameos behind the striker in a 4-3-3 and not 3 fucking games a week whilst Gary should, and no doubt will, be shipped out in the summer.

My points may be harsh, but they are nonetheless true.

Your points are dull, repetitive, lack incisiveness and frequently incorrect. It's why no one likes them. You literally say two things over and over again in the most dull ways imaginable. You are the very definition of a troll.

And the worst thing is that you lack the balls, the cojones, the class to even admit when either one of them has a good game. That's what sets you apart from everyone else here. You are the worst type of football supporter.