Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cahill and Luiz is simply the worst central pairing we can field. I said it before and I'll say it again. The number of clean sheets with them playing can be counted on one hand, however trainwrecks can be counted on both hands and feet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Cahill and Luiz in defence together is a recipe for disaster.

Thankfully that seems to be something Mourinho identified pretty early, as that combination hasn't been used since Basle (outside of the Carling Cup).

I've already said what I think of Gary as a player.

However! When the attack can't score goals and the back can't defend, look in the middle...

Decent/good players can produce good performances when the system helps them. The system is not helping anyone atm. It could be very well be that the short term solution would be to move Luiz into the midfield, and/or sweeper (same thing depending on movement). But that's for Jose to figure out.

Start Shirley, Torres, Eto'o, OK maybe not Ba, for City, or Bayern and see how much easier it will be for them to score.

We can't go on blaming the players for every mishap they have. They need above all confidence to play and you can see they are lacking it. They are not making the runs they ought to. They are not helping each other the way good teams do. Not long ago the same players have performed a lot better.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! There were THREE chances they created because he ran out of position and there was a Sunderland player sitting right where he should have been. If Luiz had done this, he'd be roasted. I know this to be a fact because he's done it a few times this season. By the way, did you not notice how he completely fucked up their match winner? He nearly ran into Essien. You'd think he was guarding Ribery or Ronaldo doing some skills moves the way he jumped out of his position so badly, giving him a wide open shooting lane. YOU HAVE THE AGENDA!

I blame the line backers the kicker and the quarter back what a load of nonsense i cant blame Cahill for any of the goals and I will say it he did ok and him and Luiz played well together

Right just seen the first goal again on Chelsea T V and anyone who does not agree it is Mikel's fault is either thick or a liar ,because he is ball watching and loses his man who runs in behind him ,Cahill is forced to confront the man Mikel lets go and he passes to Altidore the man Cahill was marking,Schwarzer makes a ggod save but it rebounds to Borini who squeezes it past Luiz . Cahill was totally blameless and was let down by Mikel ,I defy anyone to watch it again and not come up with the same conclusion.

The Sunderland 1st goal came primarily because Mikel lost his man . And Mikel lost his man again for the chance a minute later when Cahill recovered and made a great saving tackle ,if we are to dig players out lets get the facts right on here.

2nd goal and you aint gonna like this , Cahill is marking Altidore again ,Luiz is marking Borini ,Luiz is ball watching and Borini runs in behind Luiz and beyond Cahill who is still marking Altidore ,the cross goes over Cahill's and Altidore to the unmarked Borini who passes to Ki who scores ,neither goal is primarily Cahills fault,the first is primarily down to Mikel for ball watching and losing his man and the second is primarily down to Luiz who is guilty of the same ball watching and losing Borini . Cahill is forced to leave the man he is marking (Altidore) for both goals to try to make up for others mistakes.

Anyone who watches the goals again and knows anything about football will come to the same conclusion ,I challenge anyone to watch the goals again and not arrive at the same verdict ,what a load of crap has been written on this thread.

2nd goal and you aint gonna like this , Cahill is marking Altidore again ,Luiz is marking Borini ,Luiz is ball watching and Borini runs in behind Luiz and beyond Cahill who is still marking Altidore ,the cross goes over Cahill's and Altidore to the unmarked Borini who passes to Ki who scores ,neither goal is primarily Cahills fault,the first is primarily down to Mikel for ball watching and losing his man and the second is primarily down to Luiz who is guilty of the same ball watching and losing Borini . Cahill is forced to leave the man he is marking (Altidore) for both goals to try to make up for others mistakes.

Anyone who watches the goals again and knows anything about football will come to the same conclusion ,I challenge anyone to watch the goals again and not arrive at the same verdict ,what a load of crap has been written on this thread.

I challenge you to stop being so biased towards certain players (e.g Cahill, Lampard)

Cahill is an average defender with a poor reading of the game, he's only getting chances at Chelsea because we don't have any other experienced options when JT needs a break

I challenge you to stop being so biased towards certain players (e.g Cahill, Lampard)

Cahill is an average defender with a poor reading of the game, he's only getting chances at Chelsea because we don't have any other experienced options when JT needs a break

I challenged anyone to watch the goals again and come up with their version of what went wrong,this means nothing as does most of the rubbish spouted on Cahill's involvement on the two goals Sunderland scored. 1.Mikel 2.Luiz , What are your versions?

Mourinho clearly doesn't like him, as he got benched for Luiz a few times, and Jose doesn't like Luiz either. There have been rumours about us signing a few CBs since he returned, I have no doubt we will sign one or two top class CBs and one or two youngsters to compete with our other two upcoming CBs. Cahill is a goner in June, he'll be back at a midtable club where he belongs.