Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Good logic considering Drogba left last season. The only reason you speak this way is because he didn't go to a Premier League club. Without Frank, half these players wouldn't be at the club still because we wouldn't of won the amount of trophies we have.

He was a quality player in past Chelsea teams but he wasn't the sole reason behind the trophies Chelsea has won over the years

He was a quality player in past Chelsea teams but he wasn't the sole reason behind the trophies Chelsea has won over the years

20 goal a season midfielder. Pretty sure he had a huge factor in the amount of trophies we have won. If you think otherwise than all that proves is you don't watch enough games to know what a true talent he was in our most successful periods.

Claudio Ranieri: “I am very sad because when these players leave, something is lost,”

True words. Despite what's been said and done, seeing players like Lamps and Gerrard leave is the end of an era.

No, what's embarrassing is people choosing to ignore that he and nobody else decided to shit all over the moments and memories we all had of him and us by lying and scheming in a bid to get one over Chelsea and thus us, Chelsea fans.

You might not think it's worth fussing over, but please cut the sanctimonious "oh aren't you an embarrassment" bullcrap.

Get over yourself. It's fine that you have your opinion and many share it on this forum, but page after page of over emotional people slating him can get tiring and embarrassing to read.

Read the last few pages, i bet you'll cringe at least once.

Get over yourself. It's fine that you have your opinion and many share it on this forum, but page after page of over emotional people slating him can get tiring and embarrassing to read.

Go back a few pages and read it through i bet you'll cringe at least once.

Practice what you preach, no?

And honestly, the only time I cringed was when I read the post of yours that I replied to.

Edit - No offence to you, James. Our thoughts match on most things.

I need to talk about my mate @didierdrogba. Without him I wouldn't have enjoyed the personal success I had at Chelsea but also the club would not have leagues and Champions leagues titles to their name. He ALWAYS produced in the big games. He was a monster in the dressing room and a great friend away from football. It was an honour to have played with him and I wish him well in whatever his next move is. I know he still has lots to give. Thank you Didi! ‪#‎legend‬

Congratulations to everyone at @chelseafc for winning the league. I'm sure you all enjoyed the celebrations yesterday and today and you deserve it! @johnterry.26 has been absolutely immense this year and every year. He is the leader and everything goes through him. It was an absolute pleasure to have played with JT and I'm delighted for him personally to get another league title even if it means he has one more than me! ‪#‎captain‬ ‪#‎legend‬

Same scenario that your ex was so kind to you, made your world complete a couple of years ago...today she's a manipulative lying cheater. But I'm sure some of you will continue to love this manipulative cheater right? Because of her PAST?

if she had fat ass & a nice smile - then yeah, especially if that was the best ass I ever had - you might as well hit your head on the table again cause you won't like what I will type - how do you know that Frank knew Cesc was coming to CFC & maybe he didn't want to play w/ him? No it's not about what you have done for me lately - it's about enjoying the moment & moving on - no reason to hold a grudge on something you had no opportunity to prevent from happening - if you want to get your panties all twisted, be my guest but I will remember the Good Times that Supa Frank provided the club & the joy I felt right then

Same scenario that your ex was so kind to you, made your world complete a couple of years ago...today she's a manipulative lying cheater. But I'm sure some of you will continue to love this manipulative cheater right? Because of her PAST?

Personally a footballer that I don't know at all and has nothing to do with my life (and vice versa) isn't the same as a women I've had intimate emotions for. It's not even in the same ballpark.

I don't think a footballer should live their on the basis of 'what will make the fans happy'. Just like people shouldn't live their lives to make their parents happy or whatever. If going to ManCity is what he wanted to do, then good for him. Football is a pisssmall part of my life, I'm not going to waste my time being 'hurt' and 'emotional' over one player that I don't even know on a personal level. He hasn't wronged me in anyway, why should I hate him?

Anyway I've never bought into players 'loving the fans', or 'loving the club'. It is all just words for the sake of saying them. An easy way to buy popularity. I don't buy any of the words people like Fabregas, Xavi, Messi, Terry, Rooney, Drogba, or anyone else say.

All I care about is the performance on the pitch. Lampard showed immense ability and technique for the club on several hundred different occasions. That is what I remember not some idealised concept of 'legends' and 'loyalty'.

It's not that I hold a grudge...it's just that Lampard now means almost nothing to me. Until he apologizes, I'm not going to call him Super Frank anymore. In fact, I'll not be surprised if he returns to the PL one day under a different club.

Actions speak louder than words. Drogba, Terry, Xavi, Messi, Gerrard and Rooney have shown it so far.

Rooney the man that held ManUtd at ransom? Not once but twice? Suuuure. He really loves United doesn't he?

Gerrard the man that wanted to join Chelsea until his family were threatened? Suuure. I'll give you that he cares for his family and that is admirable but I don't buy that this youngster who was an Evertonian actually cares about Liverpool. Those big contracts sure do ease loyalty, eh?

Xavi the man instead of retiring as a one club man is going to Qatar to earn 30,000,000 ? Heh, those euros speak loudly don't they?

I seem to recall that Drogba was reviled for quite some time by Chelsea fans...

Personally a footballer that I don't know at all and has nothing to do with my life (and vice versa) isn't the same as a women I've had intimate emotions for. It's not even in the same ballpark.

I don't think a footballer should live their on the basis of 'what will make the fans happy'. Just like people shouldn't live their lives to make their parents happy or whatever. If going to ManCity is what he wanted to do, then good for him. Football is a pisssmall part of my life, I'm not going to waste my time being 'hurt' and 'emotional' over one player that I don't even know on a personal level. He hasn't wronged me in anyway, why should I hate him?

Anyway I've never bought into players 'loving the fans', or 'loving the club'. It is all just words for the sake of saying them. An easy way to buy popularity. I don't buy any of the words people like Fabregas, Xavi, Messi, Terry, Rooney, Drogba, or anyone else say.

All I care about is the performance on the pitch. Lampard showed immense ability and technique for the club on several hundred different occasions. That is what I remember not some idealised concept of 'legends' and 'loyalty'.

What a strange thing to say. Footballers were regular people, fans of football, before their career started. Why wouldn't they be capable of loving a club? You mentioned Xavi. A Catalan playing for Barcelona since the age of 11 I think. Xavi loving Barca sounds and would be very logical.

I hear you when it comes to most passengers though. But even they have clubs they love as football fans.

What a strange thing to say. Footballers were regular people, fans of football, before their career started. Why wouldn't they be capable of loving a club? You mentioned Xavi. A Catalan playing for Barcelona sincethe age of 11 I think. Xavi loving Barca sounds and would be very logical.

I hear you when it comes to most passengers though. But even they have clubs they love as football fans.

It's easy to love a club when it is paying mega bucks and winning tropies left and right. Do I think Xavi loves Barcelona? Yes, I do. Do I belive that Xavi would have left Barcelona if he weren't payed so well and weren't winning trophies? Yes, I do believe that also. Perhaps not though, perhaps he would have been a Matt le Tissier sort that stayed through thick and thin. But he is a very rare character. I don't believe that most people love their clubs to the point of le Tissier though. It's a scenario we can never know with Xavi.

It's an easy hypothetical to forsee. Barcelona in dire straights, a good offer comes in for one of the best CMs in the world. It would be hard for both club and man to resist.

For Lampard his father is a West Ham legend, he himself played for West Ham for over 6 years. Wouldn't it make sense for Lamps to have West Ham close in his heart? But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Don't forget not everyone necessarily has a club they adore. Some people follow players not the clubs.

It's easy to love a club when it is paying mega bucks and winning tropies left and right. Do I think Xavi loves Barcelona? Yes, I do. Do I belive that Xavi would have left Barcelona if he weren't payed so well and weren't winning trophies? Yes, I do believe that also. Perhaps not though, perhaps he would have been a Matt le Tissier sort that stayed through thick and thin. But he is a very rare character. I don't believe that most people love their clubs to the point of le Tissier though. It's a scenario we can never know with Xavi.

It's an easy hypothetical to forsee. Barcelona in dire straights, a good offer comes in for one of the best CMs in the world. It would be hard for both club and man to resist.

For Lampard his father is a West Ham legend, he himself played for West Ham for over 6 years. Wouldn't it make sense for Lamps to have West Ham close in his heart? But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Don't forget not everyone necessarily has a club they adore. Some people follow players not the clubs.

But why does loving a club mean only playing for that one club to you? I'm a Chelsea fan but if I was a player, I doubt I would only play for Chelsea. That's boring. I'd rather move around, but that's just me. That doesn't mean I don't love Chelsea.

And why can't a person love multiple clubs? I only love one club but I've never understood why you're not allowed to love or grow to love more than one club. There's greater loyalty in football than in real life.

Edit: You're right about that last part. I was like that before Chelsea.

But why does loving a club mean only playing for that one club to you? I'm a Chelsea fan but if I was a player, I doubt I would only play for Chelsea. That's boring. I'd rather move around, but that's just me. That doesn't mean I don't love Chelsea.

And why can't a person love multiple clubs? I only love one club but I've never understood why can't you love or grow to love more than one club. There's greater loyalty in football than in real life.

I never said either of those things. I was merely mentioning not many players have capacity to love one club enough to stay through thick and thin.