Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Good shout, but there has to be (imo) a place for Ashley Cole in there. Though he's moved on, you can tell how much this club did mean to him in the end especially when the rest of the world hated him. He was there defending the club through all, even Terry to the fury of the FA & players alike.

Ash's loyalty must be commended, even though it's not worked out in Roma he'll always be one of us!

After his post-CL-2012 interview there's no denying, really. And then there was this tweet, too...

What it boils down to for me is that his move to City wasn't worth it in the end and to begin with. Even if he had help City win the league last season, it still wouldn't have been worth tarnishing his previously untainted reputation (Even rival fans condemned his decision to join City). He's won every possible trophy at club level and if money was his motivation for joining them then he could have easily made much more abroad in places like UAE, China etc.

Lampard is a former Chelsea Player and will be remembered as a City Player. I don't want him anywhere near the Bridge, wouldn't bother me if he is hit by a car or something. Screw him.

Oh ffs has captain cockwomble created another account to slag off Lampard and the support at Stamford Bridge?

referring to car crash post. Nonsonse post that should have been removed

Are those two posts you put together or one post. It seems you want to make a point. Plz do so with citations we can check. Otherwise this could be junk. All due respect, of course.

This was no minor blip. He knew the consequences of him playing for City, and extending that loan contract made it worse.

And Lampard has got to stop trying to save face. Can't believe he is saying all this and still not once apologised.

wasnt a loan...

and there is nothing to apologise for as he was free agent.

Its not as if he forced a move out of Chelsea so he could play for another club

Thankfully, he won zero titles at City, so it's pretty clear who the loser is here. His move to City was totally worthless and I'm sure it's a decision he regrets big time. If he went to City for the reasons he stated, that would be totally understandable, but those claims are just not true. I'm just disappointed and sad with the way he stabbed us fans in the back, more than anything. I'm also sad he forgot Munich and those league titles and all those memories so quickly.

A bit OTT...but hey ho......must be nice to make it up as you go along because he certainly hasnt forgotten his achievements here.

Whether you are in the camp of he has done wrong or not, no-one can deny that on his most recent TV interview/documentary on SKY he explained that the CL win was his greatest day/memory in football

But please do not let facts get in the way of a perfectly good rant

Oh sorry, I mean he signed a half season contract (and extending it later) with City. Happy? [emoji57] Hahaha...unless the said footballer won the World Cup, of course every footballer will say winning the CL is their greatest day or memory. The CL is arguably the best trophy for a club to win. Champions of Europe.

yes....happy.

Your post makes sense when using the right terminology in this case.

Why didnt you put the post I was responding too up as well in which the poster said that Lampard had forgotten about his achievements here?

Because it would have been no surprise to Chelsea fans if he had said that winning the first title when he scored at Bolton was his greatest memory either.

Looks as if you are just trying to score brownie points amongst your Anti-Lampard Cronies by demeaning his statement as if it could have been any footballer and of course they would say that.

So a year after and we're still going around in circles it seems. I honestly don't see what's the point of this debate. The very fact that we're arguing whether he's still a legend at this club or not, and if what he did has tarnished his legacy, obviously says it all. I said this only a few days ago in this here thread: Lampard wanted to win the title with City pretty badly, maybe even more than he wanted the Champions League with Chelsea. He wanted to have his last laugh by leaving on a high, by helping our biggest title rivals in winning the title. If this doesn't give the fans the right to question his status at the club then I don't know what does. This is Zanetti joining Milan or Totti joining Lazio betrayal level.

Thankfully, he won zero titles at City, so it's pretty clear who the loser is here. His move to City was totally worthless and I'm sure it's a decision he regrets big time. If he went to City for the reasons he stated, that would be totally understandable, but those claims are just not true. I'm just disappointed and sad with the way he stabbed us fans in the back, more than anything. I'm also sad he forgot Munich and those league titles and all those memories so quickly.

Lampard moved to MC (onloan from NYC) is actually mutually beneficial to Chelsea.

Lampard does not want to be on bench in Chelsea, this is why Chelsea have 2-year DMC problem after winning UCL 2012. (Aged Lampard, Defunct Essien, Uni-functional Mikel occuppied DMC in early season 2013-14 making Mourinho cannot offer to buy new DMC.)

Lampard can earns more by signing NYC.

Chelsea can let Fabregas as starter without conflict with Lampard.