Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I would love for Lampard to stay but in the age of Financial Fair Play it's impossible that a soon to be 35 year old can get his wages on a 2 or even 3 year deal. I doubt Lampard is willing to accept significantly reduced wages on a one year deal.

But Torres get a stupid wage and he aint exactly young or a decent player majoirty of the time

Ballack wanted to take a cut and they dumped him anyway.

I wince at the stupidity of our board whenever I am reminded of that. Hopefully the 10-11 season have taught them to deal better with a similar situation.

Exactly.

If high wage is an excuse for dumping Lampard, then what about Torres?

Our board is a complete joke. A whole bunch of clowns.

I bet you weren't saying that when Hazard was convinced to come here instead of United or City.

The situation with Torres is different to Lampard, Lampard is out of contract this summer, Torres is not.

Im all for getting Torres off the wagebill but we need to find a buyer.

Exactly.

If high wage is an excuse for dumping Lampard, then what about Torres?

Our board is a complete joke. A whole bunch of clowns.

Torres represents Abramovich's biggest individual investment in the club (transfer fees + wages = 100m over the contract). Hence the persistence with him. The club is clearly run like a business and no business gives up on its heavy investments without sweating it out. Lampard represents no value for money.

Be delighted if he accepted/got offered a one year extension with the option to extend, been saying it all along like Scholes/Giggs

lamps can teach our youngsters so much, just like Petit/Veron/countless others did for Frank

Offer him the bloody contract!

I just wouldn't be able to see him leave when he is clearly still being such a threat for the opposition. He needs just 11 goals to become the best goalscorer in the history of the Chelsea Football Club. He may get it this season, he would surely achieve it next year. HE SIMPLY CAN'T LEAVE CHELSEA FC! He loves this place, the stadium, the fans, every single part of it. Make us and him happy, SIGN HIM UP!