Frank Lampard

DavidEU

You do realise it is still illegal to rape someone even if they are above 17 years old?

You do realise that I never actually suggested anything of the sort to him & he has blown this absurd notion completely out of proportion only because he was unable to conceive an actual response to the legitimate points that I made?

If you think saying he has 'a penchant for younguns' purely in jesting reference to the fact that he has continued to display a penchant for putting the younger players of this team first, is somehow a genuine accusation of paedophilia that is in any way truly offensive - then I have no idea of what kind of sheltered existence you have endured. But feel free to wallow in your own naivety, seems it's the thing to do at the moment...

Frank Lampard's saga discussion is really irritating by now...
Dont think there is a saga. Its clear he will leave in summer. Lampard has one of the highest wages in Chelsea, it was the same reason Ballack and J.Cole left 2 seasons ago: the club want to control the wage bill. This year Chelsea had the highest wage bill in PL for 8 years in a row.

With the arriving of players like Hazard, who earns 170k a week (and thats really stupid to pay such money for a prospect), I really dont see Lampard getting a new contract with new FF from UEFA.

Dont think there is a saga. Its clear he will leave in summer. Lampard has one of the highest wages in Chelsea, it was the same reason Ballack and J.Cole left 2 seasons ago: the club want to control the wage bill. This year Chelsea had the highest wage bill in PL for 8 years in a row.

With the arriving of players like Hazard, who earns 170k a week (and thats really stupid to pay such money for a prospect), I really dont see Lampard getting a new contract with new FF from UEFA.

If Lampard really want to stay , he will accept to reduce his wages.

You do realise that I never actually suggested anything of the sort to him & he has blown this absurd notion completely out of proportion only because he was unable to conceive an actual response to the legitimate points that I made?

If you think saying he has 'a penchant for younguns' purely in jesting reference to the fact that he has continued to display a penchant for putting the younger players of this team first, is somehow a genuine accusation of paedophilia that is in any way truly offensive - then I have no idea of what kind of sheltered existence you have endured. But feel free to wallow in your own naivety, seems it's the thing to do at the moment...

Okay Mr Yeats, calm down.

This incessant poetic arguing has gone beyond ridiculous at this point and I'm sick of it filling up every page. May I suggest letting some things go? Sometimes, people tend to have differing opinions you know? You're not obliged to write a ten page essay every time someone has an opinion that you don't agree with.

And you can dress up those insults as much as you want but you're still as childish as the other users on here that call you a 'retard' or 'Torres fanboy' if you give Rafa or Torres any sort of praise. Slightly better language skills, but just as childish.

Slightly better language skills, but just as childish.

Not to engage in childish arguments more than I already have, but it is akin to having a dictionary thrown at you in each post with no discernable self-editing skills.

In fact the only word missing from his dictionary seems to be is;

brev·i·ty

/ˈbrevitē/
Noun
  1. Concise and exact use of words in writing or speech.
  2. Shortness of time.
Synonyms

briefness - conciseness - shortness - concision - short

Not to engage in childish arguments more than I already have, but it is akin to having a dictionary thrown at you in each post with no discernable self-editing skills.

In fact the only word missing from his dictionary seems to be is;

brev·i·ty

/ˈbrevitē/
Noun
  1. Concise and exact use of words in writing or speech.
  2. Shortness of time.
Synonyms

briefness - conciseness - shortness - concision - short

I don't want to get involved in these arguments, but I had to give this comment a like as it made me laugh.

I really hope he doesn't join another Premier League club...

I really can't imagine Lamps would ever join another PL club. I'm guessing the most likely thing to happen if he didn't sign a new contract would be a move to LA Galaxy, so no need to worry.

WHAT? I am saying this discussion is very boring by now, it has nothing to do whether I believe he will stay or not...

A part of me never wants Lampard to leave, but then again we cannot offer him a new contract.

Id like for him to get involved in the coaching staff or something.

Why can't we? He performs well, has experience is a leader and for his age is still quite fit. Why can't we offer him a new contract? Even if it's just one more year with an option based on his appearances.

Why can't we? He performs well, has experience is a leader and for his age is still quite fit. Why can't we offer him a new contract? Even if it's just one more year with an option based on his appearances.

I think it has to do with his high wages but also with the fact that in the summer our midfield will possibly be crowded.

Still, wether he stays for another year or not, I would like for him to instead get a job and stay in Chelsea.

I think it has to do with his high wages but also with the fact that in the summer our midfield will possibly be crowded.

Still, wether he stays for another year or not, I would like for him to instead get a job and stay in Chelsea.

Paying Malouda for nothing, but we can't afford to give Lamps a new contract because of high wages? No way, and I'm sure he'd accept a decrease of his wages. Our midfield indeed will be crowded next year, but I think especially in the pivot, we still have a place for him. Essien and Josh will come back, but that's ok, so we can rotate a lot more.

We have to give him a new contract ASAP. If we have in our team players like Ferreira, Malouda and we left SUPER Frank to go? Oh my God :rant: . On MOTD after match, they analysied his attitude against Everton, how he sprinted in last minutes. He just loves us and wants to be here for next yeras and maybe after he retired, take some job in Chelsea.

Do you think the sacking of AVB could possibly be the case if it turns out that the board have not even started negotiations of his contract? I remember reading a news report (can't remember where) that the supposed break down in relations between AVB and Lampard has meant that Roman still holds a bit of a grudge against Lampard because he was seen as playing a big part in AVB's sacking, and since Roman personally invested £13 million pounds in AVB, sees this as the perfect opportunity to force Lampard out of the club rather then go through a messy process (with both the club and fans) of trying to force him out in a transfer window.

I think those stats regarding lampard are misleading anyway. He just happens to have missed november this year and were always terrible in november. I have nothing against lampard and he was easily my favourite player a few years ago, however id rather have a midfielder who controls the game and creates chances, than a midfielder who is absent for most of it and then gets a couple of goals. That should be our strikers job. Hes like a goal poaching midfielder.

Paying Malouda for nothing, but we can't afford to give Lamps a new contract because of high wages? No way, and I'm sure he'd accept a decrease of his wages. Our midfield indeed will be crowded next year, but I think especially in the pivot, we still have a place for him. Essien and Josh will come back, but that's ok, so we can rotate a lot more.

Essien is not coming back. His contract ends next summer.