Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Well if you're not going to respond to full sentences & points at least, then don't bother because you're basically going out of your way to take what I'm saying out of context & you clearly have a rather notorious habit of doing so based on my past feuds with you.

& okay so if you actually do in fact recognise his abilities as a player, then sentimentality aside - surely you realise that he still deserves a to be a first team player for this club? I would have to guess not considering you appear to be saying that it would not be 'best for the club' & 'our long-term future' - but I think you need to stop getting so hung up on the immediation of a revolution & evolution of our club & realise that these things take time. You can't expect to let the likes of Lamps & JT & Cole & Cech just walk out the door & suddenly a whole new generation of players are just going to fill their boots without any trouble. These are the kind of players that are truly irreplaceable to a team - & it is going to take a lot of time & money before we can build another trophy-winning team for the next generation. It certainly isn't going to happen over a single season.

You can already see what the hastiness of transition has done to our team in the last 2 years - we are most definitely nowhere near as formidable as we were prior to the AVB disaster - which is why fans like yourself who desire the kind of radical change that has ultimately proved detrimental to this club need to take a step back & think about what is truly best for us if we are going to continually challenge for trophies WHILST simultaneously building our side for the future. There really is no point in attempting to immediately replace legends who simply can't be, especially when they are still performing as they currently are. It is an unnecessary & pointless exercise that will inevitably backfire & create even more disrest & disrepute amongst fans, players & owner alike - as has been evident from past experience.

Of course I agree that we need to think about the future of this club & integrating young players into this side to reign in the new era - however, you can't expect to do this over such a short period of time & you certainly can't expect to have any kind of success attempting to do so. The likes of Piazon, KDB, McEachran, Chalobah, Coutois etc. will have their time soon enough, but I think many of you are getting a little too over-excited & impatient with all of our exceptional youthful talent bubbling under the surface. They will unleashed at the Bridge once they are ready & well-equipped enough to do so - however, for now, we still have a golden-era of world class players at our disposal - the best this club has ever been fortunate enough to witness & support through thick & thin - so leave it to them to lay down & stabilise the foundations that we can build this new team on so that we can continue our success & growth through the transition rather than jumping the gun & plunging us into the depths without our anchors before we are actually ready.

Dude.....brevity.

Just stop with the great walls of unreadable text. You aren't Shakespeare, so stop trying to invent new words too.

Frank is a legend, but we're a business and he will be replaced eventually. But he's going to be 35 and his performances aren't as consistent as they were a few years ago so he's going to play a lesser role in the side. That probably means he won't play in the bigger games in future so his contract should reflect that. I really don't need you telling me what a legend he is over and over and over again because I've seen it in the flesh hundreds of times.

We get it, you're a Lampard fan. Just stop trying so hard and be a little more realistic ok. :tophat:

Well seeing as this is a forum for discussion, & the only way to engage in this is by using words that I type into this box to convey my thoughts & feelings as thoroughly as I possibly can do, I don't really see any other way of communicating. If I said that all out loud to you, it would probably take only a few minutes, & surely reading through it can't consume more than 5 minutes of your time at the most. But clearly you don't bother to read much do you...

I find it rather sad that you have to resort to simply dismissing what I & I'm sure others would view as various valid points...either because you are unable to digest what I have said & conceive an appropriate response - or just because you are too lazy to put some actual consideration & thought into this 'babbling' of mine. Maybe you don't realise this, but I'm only 'babbling' in response to what you have to say about a matter that is an important one to me - so of course I'm not going to give you a little dainty paragraph that only summarises a miniscule of what is on my mind if you have said something that I simply don't agree with. Just so happens that there's a fair bit of that within your posts...

Yes, but if its just walls and walls of text that don't really bring anything new to the discussion, then sorry but after about 5 posts it does start getting tiring on the eyes. Sometimes shorter, snappy posts that tend to put the point across with just a little bit more detail can speak more then a 1,000 words. Quality over quantity as my History teacher said to me.

Dude.....brevity.

Just stop with the great walls of unreadable text. You aren't Shakespeare, so stop trying to invent new words too.

Frank is a legend, but we're a business and he will be replaced eventually. But he's going to be 35 and his performances aren't as consistent as they were a few years ago so he's going to play a lesser role in the side. That probably means he won't play in the bigger games in future so his contract should reflect that. I really don't need you telling me what a legend he is over and over and over again because I've seen it in the flesh hundreds of times.

We get it, you're a Lampard fan. Just stop trying so hard and be a little more realistic ok. :tophat:

Wow. You are actually just as much of a joke as I thought you were.

Just because I utilise the full breadth of my vocabulary to express my thoughts & feelings as articulately as I possibly can do to convey my points accurately in relation to the content of my mind - does not mean I am attempting to channel Shakespeare in any way - this is simply how I write, & I like to write as similarly to the way I would speak the words face-to-face as I can do. I think you'll find that every single one of the words that I choose to use are contained in any official comprehensive dictionary. No one is 'inventing' words here, I'm really not sure where this absurd notion stems from unless you are as uneducated as some of your posts suggest.

& I will never stop voicing my full unadulterated opinion anytime that I choose to do so, whether it be on this forum or in any other situation in life. I refuse to censor my own beliefs for anyone's convenience, & certainly not for someone who attempts to be as dismissive of them as yourself. I believe in my convictions & instincts, as well as my reasoning & logic, & most of all my heart above all else - so I'm definitely not going to simply stand by the way-side nodding my head in compliance as you attempt to undermine & belittle everything I say with your own brand of self-righteous egotistical elitist bullshit, as if you are preaching to a choir of children who need to be fully educated in your beliefs & are otherwise inferior & unknowledgable until they have been converted.

You don't seem to realise that as much as you claim that I have been reiterating the same points, the only things you have continuously maintained are that 'Lampard is too old', 'he's not as good as he was 5 years ago' & 'we are a business'. Every time I have provided a post that, contrary to your baseless accusations, focuses on addressing your position on the matter at hand & various differing aspects of why that is not necessarily the case - all you seem to do is come back with this dismissive retort of myself being guilty of repeating the same thing continuously.

In broad terms, yes, I am saying the same thing over & over again, because that is obviously my position on this situation that is being discussed which concerns the topic of this thread - Frank should be given a new contract because of what he still has to offer this club as a player, as well as what he has done for us in the last decade. Just as you are conversely saying that he shouldn't - because he is old, & we are a business. However I'm pretty sure that with every post I have given in response to what you & others have said, I have not only addressed the particular point being made by my counter-part, but I have also expanded on the various reasons that make it an invalid view from my perspective.

If you want me to sum it up in a culminative single sentence - if you truly don't think that Lamps deserves, at the very least, the same treatment as Gerrard has received at Liverpool, then I do have to question your footballing knowledge, beliefs & ideals considerably.

He is still a far better player than the one you are attempting to depict him as - I'm unsure of what have against him exactly apart from age, but surely if you watch him as often as you claim to then you will realise that he remains one of the absolute best midfielders in the world, as he has been for the last 10 years. & yes I am talking about the CURRENT player that he is TODAY, not just the legend that he always will be regardless of anything else. Say what you like about wilting legs, but that breed of one-of-a-kind class & ability - is forever. So long as he still has the fitness to compete at the top level, there is absolutely no plausible reason I can conceive from my wildest imagination for wanting to discard the best player in the history of this club before his time has come.

I don't know exactly what the terms of his demands are, nor what any deals he has already been offered may be composed of (maybe you know far more than the rest of us less-informed supporters?); but what I do know, is that if any kind of reasonable respectful contract was put in front of him, that guarantees he won't merely play the arbitrary cameo role Giggs & Scholes have been reduced to - he would take it in a heartbeat.

As far as I know, I have been adding plenty to this discussion - it just seems as though you & a select few have chosen to ignore the majority of it at your own discretion & convenience. I'm being perfectly realistic in everything I am saying considering I have justified every single point I have made in significant detail. It's all good & well that you don't agree with me, I certainly didn't expect you of all people to do so by any stretch of the imagination - however it is outright obnoxious & ignorant to actually dismiss what I am saying entirely, purely because it doesn't fall in line with your own beliefs.

If you can't be bothered to actually put up a conducive & thorough argument of your own to validate & justify your counter-points to what I have said, then refrain from posting anything at all - because as long as you continue to provoke a reaction from me - I will do my very dilligent best to provide you with exactly what you are looking for. It is simply a matter of freedom of speech - & that is definitely not going to come to a stop so long as I am active on this board.

Wow. You are actually just as much of a joke as I thought you were.

Just because I utilise the full breadth of my vocabulary to express my thoughts & feelings as articulately as I possibly can do to convey my points accurately in relation to the content of my mind - does not mean I am attempting to channel Shakespeare in any way - this is simply how I write, & I like to write as similarly to the way I would speak the words face-to-face as I can do. I think you'll find that every single one of the words that I choose to use are contained in any official comprehensive dictionary. No one is 'inventing' words here, I'm really not sure where this absurd notion stems from unless you are as uneducated as some of your posts suggest.

& will never stop voicing my full unadulterated opinion anytime that I choose to do so, whether it be on this forum or in any other situation in life. I refuse to censor my own beliefs for anyone's convenience, & certainly not for someone who attempts to be as dismissive of them as yourself. I believe in my convictions & instincts, as well as my reasoning & logic, & most of all my heart above all else - so I'm definitely not going to simply stand by the way-side nodding my head in compliance as you attempt to undermine & belittle everything I say with your own brand of self-righteous egotistical elitist bullshit, as if you are preaching to a choir of children who need to be fully educated in your beliefs & are otherwise inferior & unknowledgable until they have been converted.

You don't seem to realise that as much as you claim that I have been reiterating the same points, the only things you have continuously maintained are that 'Lampard is too old', 'he's not as good as he was 5 years ago' & 'we are a business'. Every time I have provided a post that, contrary to your baseless accusations, focuses on addressing your position on the matter at hand & various differing aspects of why that is not necessarily the case - all you seem to do is come back with this dismissive retort of myself being guilty of repeating the same thing continuously.

In broad terms, yes, I am saying the same thing over & over again, because that is obviously my position on this situation that is being discussed which concerns the topic of this thread - Frank should be given a new contract because of what he still has to offer this club as a player, as well as what he has done for us in the last decade. Just as you are conversely saying that he shouldn't - because he is old, & we are a business. However I'm pretty sure that with every post I have given in response to what you & others have said, I have not only addressed the particular point being made by my counter-part, but I have also expanded on the various reasons that make it an invalid view from my perspective.

If you want me to sum it up in a culminative single sentence - if you truly don't think that Lamps deserves, at the very least, the same treatment as Gerrard has received at Liverpool, then I do have to question your footballing knowledge, beliefs & ideals considerably.

He is still a far better player than the one you are attempting to depict him as - I'm unsure of what have against him exactly apart from age, but surely if you watch him as often as you claim to then you will realise that he remains one of the absolute best midfielders in the world, as he has been for the last 10 years. & yes I am talking about the CURRENT player that he is TODAY, not just the legend that he always will be regardless of anything else. Say what you like about wilting legs, but that breed of one-of-a-kind class & ability - is forever. So long as he still has the fitness to compete at the top level, there is absolutely no plausible reason I can conceive from my wildest imagination for wanting to discard the best player in the history of this club before his time has come.

I don't know exactly what the terms of his demands are, nor what any deals he has already been offered may be composed of (maybe you know far more than the rest of us less-informed supporters?); but what I do know, is that if any kind of reasonable respectful contract was put in front of him, that guarantees he won't merely play the arbitrary cameo role Giggs & Scholes have been reduced to - he would take it in a heartbeat.

As far as I know, I have been adding plenty to this discussion - it just seems as though you & a select few have chosen to ignore the majority of it at your own discretion & convenience. I'm being perfectly realistic in everything I am saying considering I have justified every single point I have made in significant detail. It's all good & well that you don't agree with me, I certainly didn't expect you of all people to do so by any stretch of the imagination - however it is outright obnoxious & ignorant to actually dismiss what I am saying entirely, purely because it doesn't fall in line with your own beliefs.

If you can't be bothered to actually put up a conducive & thorough argument of your own to validate & justify your counter-points to what I have said, then refrain from posting anything at all - because as long as you continue to provoke a reaction from me - I will do my very dilligent best to provide you with exactly what you are looking for. It is simply a matter of freedom of speech - & that is definitely not going to come to a stop so long as I am active on this board.

Jesus.....plastic fan trying too hard. :chai:

& yet, though you believe in your delusional shroud of blissful ignorance that once again you have prevailed in your conquests as the all-seeing all-knowledgable super-fan that you claim to be - in reality, you have only managed to prove everything I have said in that post to be even more accurate than it already was. Cheers mate :beer:

Yes, but if its just walls and walls of text that don't really bring anything new to the discussion, then sorry but after about 5 posts it does start getting tiring on the eyes. Sometimes shorter, snappy posts that tend to put the point across with just a little bit more detail can speak more then a 1,000 words. Quality over quantity as my History teacher said to me.

Great to see that you actually learnt something in school - does surprise me a little, not going to lie.

But honestly, if you are claiming that your posts are in any way, shape or form qualitatively superior to my posts, purely because they are presented in a more concise & simple manner - then I think you should seriously consider whether you were actually learning something in that teacher's class - or just sucking him off all day.

Look, if I have something on my mind, then I'm going to say it - & the way I write is pretty much exactly the way that I would want to say it to your face - I'm not going to cut it down to intrinsic nibblet-sized terms just so my 'big words' don't exhaust your poor little eyes.

If a few paragraphs of perfectly coherent & comprehendable relatively well-punctuated text is too much for you to digest within a few minutes, then I can't possibly bear to imagine what kind of torturous ordeal you must have to endure when you are forced to sit down & read an actual book. I'm shuddering at the mere thought of such inhumane horror. My sympathies are definitely with you there mate. :halo:

As for the rest - see my last massive wall of text if you think that it might not strain your eyes quite as much as it will your brain.

Great to see that you actually learnt something in school - does surprise me a little, not going to lie.

But honestly, if you are claiming that your posts are in any way, shape or form qualitatively superior to my posts, purely because they are presented in a more concise & simple manner - then I think you should seriously consider whether you were actually learning something in that teacher's class - or just sucking him off all day.

Look, if I have something on my mind, then I'm going to say it - & the way I write is pretty much exactly the way that I would want to say it to your face - I'm not going to cut it down to intrinsic nibblet-sized terms just so my 'big words' don't exhaust your poor little eyes.

If a few paragraphs of perfectly coherent & comprehendable relatively well-punctuated text is too much for you to digest within a few minutes, then I can't possibly bear to imagine what kind of torturous ordeal you must have to endure when you are forced to sit down & read an actual book. I'm shuddering at the mere thought of such inhumane horror. My sympathies are definitely with you there mate. :halo:

As for the rest - see my last massive wall of text if you think that it might not strain your eyes quite as much as it will your brain.

Wow, you really are the personification of grace and intelligence as you ingeniously make laughable attempts at using insults as it in anyway makes you sound rational and clear headed :rolleyes: .

Seriously you take things way too seriously that its becoming laughable, all I said was that you can make points and opinions without trying to use much words as possible, no need to go on another rampage about superior you are. I suggest you go for a lie down and come back when your feeling better.

Anyway we are getting way off topic. This is the Frank Lampard thread, not a thread about your ego. Probably best I stop posting on this thread for a while so I stop contributing with your unhealthy behavior.

& yet, though you believe in your delusional shroud of blissful ignorance that once again you have prevailed in your conquests as the all-seeing all-knowledgable super-fan that you claim to be - in reality, you have only managed to prove everything I have said in that post to be even more accurate than it already was. Cheers mate :beer:

Still trying too hard. :wave:

Tommy Langley was on talkSPORT this morning, stressing that the club must do all that they can to keep Cole, Lampard and Terry. Very much the fabric of the club but both sides need to be willing to be flexible when it comes to wedge. Lamps and Cole are naturally fit blokes who I think could carry on for a least the next couple of years.

All opinions and members are valued the same here, no one is better than anyone else. This kind of talk is not welcomed on this forum. Who do you think you are to actually rate a fan?!

Nawww don't mind him & his grade A insults.

He is the self-proclaimed King of The Bridge - does what he wants, says what he wants - & anyone else who tries to do the same in opposition of his views is inevitably an inferior fan compared to himself.

His opinion is the only one that actually matters, because of course he is only 'thinking about what's in the club's best interests' - so there is clearly no point in bothering to attempt to reason with him & provide a perspective of your own in a discussion unless it is in complete compliance with his beliefs - because otherwise it is declared entirely redundant.

All hail the king!

:wank2:

I want Lampard to stay. I think it would do everyone involved some good to see who the next manager is going to be. Who knows, they could find Lampard indispensable.

At the same time one of the hard parts of honoring your Legend's is allowing them to leave on their own terms. If Lampard wants starting football in a developing market like the USA, then we should honor that choice.

Besides, it's only a matter of time before he would return to CFC in some capacity. Same as Drogba, he is a blue through and through.

Wow, you really are the personification of grace and intelligence as you ingeniously make laughable attempts at using insults as it in anyway makes you sound rational and clear headed :rolleyes: .

Seriously you take things way too seriously that its becoming laughable, all I said was that you can make points and opinions without trying to use much words as possible, no need to go on another rampage about superior you are. I suggest you go for a lie down and come back when your feeling better.

Anyway we are getting way off topic. This is the Frank Lampard thread, not a thread about your ego. Probably best I stop posting on this thread for a while so I stop contributing with your unhealthy behavior.

Well contrary to what you seem to be suggesting about my 'rampage', I never once mentioned any kind of superiority I may possess in direct relation to you - though it is now becoming more obvious what that may be - I was merely stating that you clearly fail to understand what the terms qualitative & quantitative actually allude to. You were trying to be a smartarse about it with the backhanded comments first, so I'm not sure why you seem so surprised at my reciprocation.

& any actual insults were in direct reference to your complaints about the length of my posts & the fact that you have & continue to pretty much disregard them entirely in an attempt to belittle my opinion - since you seem to be incapable of actually providing a valid argument & evidence of your own when I present my responses.

But once again, I am certainly not going to censor my mind purely because you find significant difficulty in processing my lengthy posts. Sure, they could be shorter & more concise - but I don't really see why they have to be when they are only conceived with the objective of fully addressing your own posts - & nor why they should be considering I'm certainly not looking to do you any particular favours following the manner in which this discussion has unfolded.

Taking things seriously? Well yes, I do take them rather seriously if they involve personal agendas against myself - & possibly even more so when it involves my club & the greatest player that has ever been at the Bridge. Everything I have stated in these posts has nothing to do with anything as simplistic as my 'ego' - it is only due to the way in which you have made derogatory statements against myself, my posts & Lamps himself, that I have been forced to respond to them.

If you actually bothered to read some of what I have posted, then you would find that I have been attempting to discuss Frank's situation in as rational a manner as anyone could - I have provided numerous justifications for all of my points throughout the last few pages, & the only reason I have had to reiterate many of them as you so love to point out, is largely due to the fact that you choose to simply ignore the majority of what I have written & dismiss it as nothing but 'babbling'. & so I have to attempt to convey my thoughts once again from a different angle, resulting in yet another of those essays that you so dread. Yet you attempt to portray this as some kind of moral victory since you are so much more simplistic in your argument that you don't even have to respond to what I have said at all - & you are under the illusion that it somehow discredits my own opinion & makes you automatically correct? Seriously mate, you need to have a sit down with that history teacher of yours...

I am really left with no choice but to feel mildly offended by this. & the fact that you continue with doing so is only ever going to provoke a response from me - did you really think I was going to just have a little cry about it & fuck off? In case you haven't realised, you & your friend were the ones to derail this thread into a barage of cheap shots almost purely due to the fact that you both couldn't be bothered to read my own posts, let alone form any kind of genuine response to them.

Well contrary to what you seem to be suggesting about my 'rampage', I never once mentioned any kind of superiority I may possess in direct relation to you - though it is now becoming more obvious what that may be - I was merely stating that you clearly fail to understand what the terms qualitative & quantitative actually allude to. You were trying to be a smartarse about it with the backhanded comments first, so I'm not sure why you seem so surprised at my reciprocation.

& any actual insults were in direct reference to your complaints about the length of my posts & the fact that you have & continue to pretty much disregard them entirely in an attempt to belittle my opinion - since you seem to be incapable of actually providing a valid argument & evidence of your own when I present my responses.

But once again, I am certainly not going to censor my mind purely because you find significant difficulty in processing my lengthy posts. Sure, they could be shorter & more concise - but I don't really see why they have to be when they are only conceived with the objective of fully addressing your own posts - & nor why they should be considering I'm certainly not looking to do you any particular favours following the manner in which this discussion has unfolded.

Taking things seriously? Well yes, I do take them rather seriously if they involve personal agendas against myself - & possibly even more so when it involves my club & the greatest player that has ever been at the Bridge. Everything I have stated in these posts has nothing to do with anything as simplistic as my 'ego' - it is only due to the way in which you have made derogatory statements against myself, my posts & Lamps himself, that I have been forced to respond to them.

If you actually bothered to read some of what I have posted, then you would find that I have been attempting to discuss Frank's situation in as rational a manner as anyone could - I have provided numerous justifications for all of my points throughout the last few pages, & the only reason I have had to reiterate many of them as you so love to point out, is largely due to the fact that you choose to simply ignore the majority of what I have written & dismiss it as nothing but 'babbling'. & so I have to attempt to convey my thoughts once again from a different angle, resulting in yet another of those essays that you so dread. Yet you attempt to portray this as some kind of moral victory since you are so much more simplistic in your argument that you don't even have to respond to what I have said at all - & you are under the illusion that it somehow discredits my own opinion & makes you automatically correct? Seriously mate, you need to have a sit down with that history teacher of yours...

I am really left with no choice but to feel mildly offended by this. & the fact that you continue with doing so is only ever going to provoke a response from me - did you really think I was going to just have a little cry about it & fuck off? In case you haven't realised, you & your friend were the ones to derail this thread into a barage of cheap shots almost purely due to the fact that you both couldn't be bothered to read my own posts, let alone form any kind of genuine response to them.

This will be my last post concerning you, because frankly you are completely boring now.

Concerning the length of your post, my only problem is that for the most part their are chunks that seem to be not needed and don't need to be put under your seemingly high standards of replies have to respond to every single line of your posts (which bearing in mind I was not the first person to bring this up). t was YOU that started to kick up a massive fuss over a little bit of criticism. It was YOU that tried to make weak and pathetic attempts to try and insult my intelligence and apparent lack of skill of taking in information. You say that you were not going to cry about it, but sometimes act like a five year old that has been told no and seem to act like the crime of the century was committed because someone did not speak about your precious Lampard in a 100% positive manner. You can not exactly take the moral high ground when ii comes to starting insults when your original post that started this stupid debate called the so called ''doubters'' ''plastic pieces of shit''.

Like I said, you bore me to tears now and this debate will just go and on of insults flying around. Goodbye, merry Christmas and lay off the whiskey.