Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I posted that in the player's topic, but anyway..

In the past few days, there have been new contacts between Jorge Mendes and #FCPorto over the proposed transfer of Jackson Martinez to #CFC

The arrival of Jackson Martinez at Chelsea could free Demba Ba who has been offered to Inter Milan. (via @AlfredoPedulla)

Guarin+Martinez would be a fantastic January imo.

In the past few days, there have been new contacts between Jorge Mendes and #FCPorto over the proposed transfer of Jackson Martinez to #CFC

The arrival of Jackson Martinez at Chelsea could free Demba Ba who has been offered to Inter Milan. (via @AlfredoPedulla)

it would help a lot

with porto out of the CL i can see martinez leaving 100%

That would be a terrible window. Neither of those players are worth the money. I honestly think Jackson Martinez would flop here. Guarin isn't good or consistent enough for a title contending Premier League side.

I'd rather just keep Ba than spending tens of millions on Martinez. If we go after a striker, which I highly doubt we will this window, it's gonna be someone Jose knows is world class. We've been burned too many times before.

I'm certain of it. It's our weak link. Our midfield is slow, cumbersome and ineffective. Look at the other top sides in Europe and compare theirs to ours, it's beyond a joke.

We have been linked with all sorts CM/DMs since October, it definitely gonna happen, Mourinho is not gonna pull the plug on it this time.

The bright side of this season's sum result could be that Chelsea do NOT make the CL, stuff starts to implode and changes are made for the better (I think I've been saying this for 3 years?). IDK what it will take, but after 10 years of Abramovich ownership, it's clear that Chelsea have glaring problems with transfer decision-making and squad building for the future.

The top clubs in Europe (Bayern, Real, Barca, Juve for example) place an emphasis on quality and depth in center midfield (and, hopefully every position) , while clubs like Man City, PSG, and Chelsea should be building depth and prospects in center midfield with all the money they've invested. I haven't seen Chelsea doing this since I began watching Chelsea in 2005-2006-2007. Real Madrid could also be criticized for not building up their center midfield options enough too. January 2011 and probably the rest of 2011 set Chelsea back in a variety of ways. Still have not recovered. Matic could help, BUT the 2014-2015 season is going to require more than healthy Matic, healthy Ramires, and healthy vanGinkel.

Meanwhile, Arsenal have built up some options in center midfield and ManUtd have failed in recent years. some contrast.

I like the thought that Chelsea are now working out a deal to get Matic back and another to sell Luiz in January. Matic might be the best choice of all the CMs to buy (aside from Pogba or 4th-best player in the world, Mr. Arturo Vidal).

But, Chelsea might as well be buying an under-rated, under-valued 2nd center midfielder in January too. Next summer, after the WC, prices will inflate for the best players and Chelsea will NOT be able to fill all the holes in their squad that require better quality and depth.

Why?

Consider the following:

From today, December 15th 2013, Chelsea should be planning for the future under the assumption that their only starting center midfielders are: Ramires and van Ginkel (Oscar as a possible 3rd in a 4-3-3, or backup). Assuming that Chelsea will play more of 4-3-3 next season, Chelsea should be looking for depth in center of a further 4 players, or 3 MORE experienced starters and one backup. Don't tell us here that Lampard qualifies as a backup for next season or that Essien qualifies for this future midfield either. Mikel should have been gone last summer (wish we would have got Paulinho myself).

Here's the goal in my opinion: get a player like Matic in January and a cheaper player (on the level of M. Diame, just for example, who can play like the old Essien but with more skill and speed). Then, Chelsea would have: Matic+Ramires as the two top players, Diame as an experienced option, and vanGinkel as a developing Premier League player. Next summer, buy another top center midfielder and decide whether anyone like Oscar or another young player can play as a sixth option in center midfield. From what I've seen, Chelsea need to buy two in January, two in summer and this "TOP player" in the summer, following the World Cup is going to pricey, I imagine.

I like Kurt Zouma as a defender but where does that leave Kenneth Omeruo? Zouma probably will become a better defender than anyone currently at Chelsea aside from JT. Maybe Gary Cahill is the one who will leave(?).

people keep saying witsel, I bet half of them never seen him play (excluding the Belgian contingent).

Should of taken Ki on loan this season... Would of been an adequate squad player or more... Even though Sunderland sucks, he's been their most consistent player since the arrival of Poyet. Covers the backline well and can attack forward.

To me hes an upgraded version of Mikel or what Chelsea envisioned Mikel to be.

Than their the french contingent of MVilla, Cabaye and Matudi (Pogba unrealistic still).

Also, you guys think Mourinho would want Shaw?? Shaw seems pretty weak (granted hes very young).

people keep saying witsel, I bet half of them never seen him play (excluding the Belgian contingent).

Should of taken Ki on loan this season... Would of been an adequate squad player or more... Even though Sunderland sucks, he's been their most consistent player since the arrival of Poyet. Covers the backline well and can attack forward.

Than their the french contingent of MVilla, Cabaye and Matudi (Pogba unrealistic still).

Also, you guys think Mourinho would want Shaw?? Shaw seems pretty weak (granted hes very young).

Shaw, weak? How many 17/18 year olds do you see built like him?

Shaw, weak? How many 17/18 year olds do you see built like him?

Maybe not in Europe...

But, in the states...

Also, Shaw not really know for power and strength... With Mourinho selecting Ivan all the time and having Dave play pretty conservatively, Im not sure Mourinho would break the bank to get a player like Shaw.

But than again he did get Fabio Coentraeo at Madrid......

What's wrong with Witsel?

You bet that half of us have never seen Witsel play(I don't know how do you know it) but what's wrong with him? Why is M'Vila, Cabaye or Matuidi better than him?

Ki is okay he would be a flop here. Even Essien is way better than him.

What's wrong with Witsel?

Nothing Wrong with Witsel...

However, Im just saying most people keep saying Witsel without ever seeing him play......

Unless, you guys enjoy the russian league..

You bet that half of us have never seen Witsel play(I don't know how do you know it) but what's wrong with him? Why is M'Vila, Cabaye or Matuidi better than him?

Ki is okay he would be a flop here. Even Essien is way better than him.

Nothing wrong with Witsel. However, I doubt a lot of people actually watched him play. Its one thing to play in Portuguese league, however, its another thing when u play for the russian league, unless you guys sit down and actually watch Zenit play.

Also, all three are cheap, realistic alternatives.... MVilla was the hottest young CM until he became a knucklehead, Cabaye is a stud and Matuid plays for a great PSG squad.... They would all come about a quarter of what Witsel supposed price range would be...

Why would Ki flop here. He played well for Swansea, Korea, and Celtic prior to Sunderland. He's played tons of Champ league matches and he is currently Sunderland best player (even thought they suck). He has good passing range, height and strength, positioning and a good shot.. If you think Essien 2013 is better than Ki, you gotta be kidding me. Obviously, Bison was one of the best cms in the EPL, but Ki is a better DLP than anyone on Chelsea atm...

Nothing Wrong with Witsel...

However, Im just saying most people keep saying Witsel without ever seeing him play......

Unless, you guys enjoy the russian league..

Nothing wrong with Witsel. However, I doubt a lot of people actually watched him play. Its one thing to play in Portuguese league, however, its another thing when u play for the russian league, unless you guys sit down and actually watch Zenit play.

Also, all three are cheap, realistic alternatives.... MVilla was the hottest young CM until he became a knucklehead, Cabaye is a stud and Matuid plays for a great PSG squad.... They would all come about a quarter of what Witsel supposed price range would be...

Why would Ki flop here. He played well for Swansea, Korea, and Celtic prior to Sunderland. He's played tons of Champ league matches and he is currently Sunderland best player (even thought they suck). He has good passing range, height and strength, positioning and a good shot.. If you think Essien 2013 is better than Ki, you gotta be kidding me. Obviously, Bison was one of the best cms in the EPL, but Ki is a better DLP than anyone on Chelsea atm...

Witsel is the key player for Belgium, and the first midfielder on their team sheet. I'm sure a lot of posters here have watched Belgium play numerous times over the last couple of years, including myself. Benfica and Zenit have also played in Europe, so he's not some mysterious player.

As for Ki, you wouldn't even consider him if he weren't from your own country. Played well for Swansea? Is that why he's on loan at Sunderland? Because he can't even beat out Shelvey. Played well for Celtic and Sunderland? Who the fuck cares? SPL sucks and so do Sunderland. Played well for Korea? Give me a break. WCQ in Asia is a joke. He also has a grand total of 1 game of CL experience, so you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. We would have simply kept one of Romeu, Chalobah and even Josh, if that's the kind of quality we were after. LOL at the idea of Chelsea getting a Swansea reject on a loan.

Btw, Shaw is already quite strong for a fullback. AND he's only 18.

Witsel is the key player for Belgium, and the first midfielder on their team sheet. I'm sure a lot of posters here have watched Belgium play numerous times over the last couple of years, including myself. Benfica and Zenit have also played in Europe, so he's not some mysterious player.

As for Ki, you wouldn't even consider him if he weren't from your own country. Played well for Swansea? Is that why he's on loan at Sunderland? Because he can't even beat out Shelvey. Played well for Celtic and Sunderland? Who the fuck cares? SPL sucks and so do Sunderland. Played well for Korea? Give me a break. WCQ in Asia is a joke. He also has a grand total of 1 game of CL experience, so you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. We would have simply kept one of Romeu, Chalobah and even Josh, if that's the kind of quality we were after. LOL at the idea of Chelsea getting a Swansea reject on a loan.

Btw, Shaw is already quite strong for a fullback. AND he's only 18.

So, Witsel is box to box right? Your going to pair him up with another box to box CM??

Your right on the champs league fixtures. But I meant to say European games...

Also, Ki going on loan was mostly due to personal issues he got himself into, rather than football reasons...Their a reason why Landrup didnt sell Ki and only loaned him out.

Asia WCQ may be easier than Europe, however, Korea and Japan have always done decent -well in the world cup.. (You know the same Japan team that beat Belgium in belgium for a recent friendly).

Is Shaw strong? How so? In the recent game, he didnt look awfully strong..

So, Witsel is box to box right? Your going to pair him up with another box to box CM??

Your right on the champs league fixtures. But I meant to say European games...

Also, Ki going on loan was mostly due to personal issues he got himself into, rather than football reasons...Their a reason why Landrup didnt sell Ki and only loaned him out.

Asia WCQ may be easier than Europe, however, Korea and Japan have always done decent -well in the world cup.. (You know the same Japan team that beat Belgium in belgium for a recent friendly).

Is Shaw strong? How so? In the recent game, he didnt look awfully strong..

Ki is decent, but he aint Chelsea quality mate...then we might sign Lalana and Michu aswell...

Also whats wrong with Shaw? He is 18 and has plenty of time. I prefer LB to be quick and skilled in tackles and crosses rather just plain strong. And Shaw will get physicaly stronger eventualy.

Ki is decent, but he aint Chelsea quality mate...then we might sign Lalana and Michu aswell...

Also whats wrong with Shaw? He is 18 and has plenty of time. I prefer LB to be quick and skilled in tackles and crosses rather just plain strong. And Shaw will get physicaly stronger eventualy.

Ki might not be starting material for Chelsea, but as a squad player with our current options he would be.

I dont have anything against Shaw. I said Mourinho might not favor breaking the bank for him judging upon how hes playing our full backs right now...

I prefer Alaba, Marcelo, like you said attacking fullbacks, however, that doesnt mean Mourinho does as well...

Also, why not Michu?

So many cheap options at CM that came or currently in Ligue 1. Are we going to expect Witsel to be our Mikel? Or is Rambo going to be our Mikel long term?

Dont think Witsel and Rambo would work as well as people are thinking it would..